Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I think having a single of different versions can be really good sometimes like Lemon or Professional Widow by Tori Amos. An artist just has to use it in moderation.

As soon as I see more than one remix of a song, I just view it as throwaway...especially if it's a U2 remix :shudder:

It made sense, and I realize it's true.

But that doesn't make it any less likely that one day I'm just going to grab Bono by the shoulders, give him a good shake, nod, and walk away.

Assuming I can think straight if I ever meet Bono, I might try to ask him about that. :lol:

For the record, this is not likely.

Alison's brain vs. U2 = 0:2

Oh God, don't even start on Rattle and Hum :banghead:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
5. When Love Comes To Town
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

That would probably be #4 on my U2 rankings, behind UF, JT, and my alternate Achtung. Maybe #5, since Passengers should also factor in the top four.

Well done.

How did I write Love Comes Tumbling for Luminous Times? :huh:

I'm very, very fond of this version of JT I made:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared

I'd personally probably ditch ISHFWILF too. Sure, it's popular and you'd keep it on there if you were actually marketing the album, but I could live without it.

I can never figure out how I feel aobut ISHFWILF (btw, I always read that, for some inexplicable reason, as SHELLFISH) for a long long time I hated it, then I liked it for a while, then I couldn't care less. I think I'm back to liking it for now.

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

That would probably be #4 on my U2 rankings, behind UF, JT, and my alternate Achtung. Maybe #5, since Passengers should also factor in the top four.

Did they ever release their own version of Mystery? I've heard them sing it at that Brooklyn Bridge thing, but like offic?

As soon as I see more than one remix of a song, I just view it as throwaway...especially if it's a U2 remix :shudder:

Yep. I can understand perhaps maybe having a different take on a song, to highlight some different aspect or whatever, though personally if a radio's not going to play a song in its original state or if it's not dancable enough for a club, then fuck them. But a single chockers with remixes is irritating and of no value. And while I enjoy singles with live b-sides fairly frequently, I'd prefer new songs as b-sides.

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

Niiiiice.

Also, I managed to catch up cos practically everyone left. :lol:

Did they ever release their own version of Mystery? I've heard them sing it at that Brooklyn Bridge thing, but like offic?

The Brooklyn Bridge live version has been officially released on ABOY, but the studio version hasn't. I have it, though (on DVD at Sun Studios).

Yep. I can understand perhaps maybe having a different take on a song, to highlight some different aspect or whatever, though personally if a radio's not going to play a song in its original state or if it's not dancable enough for a club, then fuck them. But a single chockers with remixes is irritating and of no value. And while I enjoy singles with live b-sides fairly frequently, I'd prefer new songs as b-sides.

Which reminds me...the 2nd discs for the rereleases of Boy, October, and War....man compared to TJT can you say ripoff?

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

Not a big fan of Room At The Heartbreak Hotel?

I can never figure out how I feel aobut ISHFWILF (btw, I always read that, for some inexplicable reason, as SHELLFISH) for a long long time I hated it, then I liked it for a while, then I couldn't care less. I think I'm back to liking it for now.

Shellfish... :lol:

I've done pretty much the same thing with all the singles from JT, and a lot of the other albums too. If I hear something too often (like if the radio plays it a lot), I get sick of it... and it can take a while before I can kinda hear it fresh again, and figure out if I like the song on its own merits or not.

I used to enjoy it. It was never a big favourite, but I wouldn't skip it. Now I'm just tired of it. So that's why I don't rag on it like some other songs - I can see why it's popular, I just don't think it has staying power.

Shellfish... :lol:

I've done pretty much the same thing with all the singles from JT, and a lot of the other albums too. If I hear something too often (like if the radio plays it a lot), I get sick of it... and it can take a while before I can kinda hear it fresh again, and figure out if I like the song on its own merits or not.

See, but I'll never get sick of WOWY, or Streets, but that song...I think it's cause ISHF is my mom's favorite :uhoh: I'm just like that. Her favorite on TUF is Pride, and that's my least favorite too, but really that's not her fault...that's Bono's fault.

Which reminds me...the 2nd discs for the rereleases of Boy, October, and War....man compared to TJT can you say ripoff?

I wrote a huuuge entry on my blog analysing in minute detail why those are shit! :laugh:

:ohmy: How does it sound!

It's good. It's a bit of an early version of the song really, and I'd say the 30 December 1989 performance is the definitive version of SAMTM.

Anybody who comes over to my place can have a listen to it! :wink:

I wrote a huuuge entry on my blog analysing in minute detail why those are shit! :laugh:

If they screw up TUF, i'll never forgive them, and that's no joke. They could release HTDAB pt.2 and I'd forgive them. Hell, they could release October part 2 (which you might like but I wouldn't) and I'd forgive them. But if they mess up this TUF rerelease, I can't forgive them.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a rerecording of EPAA <_< I love the song, but I'm curious if Bono would like to clarify those lyrics XD

It's good. It's a bit of an early version of the song really, and I'd say the 30 December 1989 performance is the definitive version of SAMTM.

Anybody who comes over to my place can have a listen to it! :wink:

I'll be there in a week...I'm gonna need a boat.

If they screw up TUF, i'll never forgive them, and that's no joke. They could release HTDAB pt.2 and I'd forgive them. Hell, they could release October part 2 (which you might like but I wouldn't) and I'd forgive them. But if they mess up this TUF rerelease, I can't forgive them.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a rerecording of EPAA <_< I love the song, but I'm curious if Bono would like to clarify those lyrics XD

The UF remaster could be the best thing ever, but I fully expect them to fuck it up. After all, they need to keep some stuff in the vaults to release for the 40th anniversary cashgrab! :happy:

See, but I'll never get sick of WOWY, or Streets, but that song...I think it's cause ISHF is my mom's favorite :uhoh: I'm just like that. Her favorite on TUF is Pride, and that's my least favorite too, but really that's not her fault...that's Bono's fault.

A few years ago I went through stages of being sick of WOWY and Streets... but I've come out the other side and I'm on a big Streets kick at the moment, especially. I loooove playing that on bass :rockon:

The UF remaster could be the best thing ever, but I fully expect them to fuck it up. After all, they need to keep some stuff in the vaults to release for the 40th anniversary cashgrab! :happy:

And then with Boy, oh God, Boy, how many songs did they have in the 70s. And wwere they all good? No, but do I want an official release of Street Mission and Life on A Distant Planet? Yes.

I don't really know why I like Street Mission so much <__<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom