Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the "opening act" was just Howie B mixing shit rather than any actual support band.

U2 never ever needs to worry about pulling a live crowd. Sure, a few shit albums and they would probably have to tone things down to arenas, but they could still tour very profitably to very enthusiastic audiences.
:hmm:

Have you ever heard of a root beer float? You put rootbeer and a scoop of ice cream in a glass together, and you create deliciousness? This is the same thing, but with Orange soda.

Ahh, gotcha. :up:

So U2, I ask you, what would be the harm if it's not a radio friendly best seller? What ? Nothing, absolutely positivifreakinlutely nothing. All of Tom's shows sold out, even though, the album wasn't a HUGE success (not that it did badly either).

And don't even get me started on Arena vs. Stadium. Why anyone would think a stadium show is a good idea is beyond me.

Exactly! When you're a well-established act, the recent album is almost an irrelevancy in terms of pulling a crowd. Sure, it's nice when your new material is just as eagerly anticipated as the old classics, but if it doesn't happen, so fucking what? Go out there and play the music you love.

And I know Bono's said that it's nice to have 50,000 people screaming your name, but come the fuck on. Whether it's 7,000 a night or 50,000 a night, that's still got to feel pretty damn good either way.

OH GOD BANNER AD! THAT'S EVIL!

It's one of those things where you have to do something to "win" and this time you have to melt this ADORABLE snowman with a hair dryer. THIS SNOWMAN IS SO CUTE! and the advertisement says "This winter no snowman is safe" what the hell. What did the snowmen do to this company?

I've never heard it called that, Mr I've-Lived-In-Australia-Over-Half-My-Life.

I've heard it discussed about 5 times in my life though.

I've only ever had a spider in New Zealand, actually.

Khan, is that song still going? Must be a prog epic. :wink:

it doesn't help that floats suck :uhoh:

ima cut you. Then I'm gonna give you a picture of a spider.

Exactly! When you're a well-established act, the recent album is almost an irrelevancy in terms of pulling a crowd. Sure, it's nice when your new material is just as eagerly anticipated as the old classics, but if it doesn't happen, so fucking what? Go out there and play the music you love.

And I know Bono's said that it's nice to have 50,000 people screaming your name, but come the fuck on. Whether it's 7,000 a night or 50,000 a night, that's still got to feel pretty damn good either way.

That egotistical bastard. I'm really starting to hate him almost as much as Larry. Edge and Adam should just tell 'em both to GFY and steal a lead singer from some other band.

Ok not really but ....I'm angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom