Die, Drôme Superthread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #61
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ugh...one more song

i have no self control


I often do a similar thing. A few nights ago, I downloaded this album and said I'd play it then go to bed. But at the end, I wanted to hear a couple of songs again. Then I had another album I wanted to play. So going to bed at 2am quickly turned into going to bed at 4:30am ...
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #62
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
God, in March 1998, thinking of what U2 would become by October 2000 ... it doesn't seem possible.

The next album better be good!
and aren't you impressed i remembered the city?

i know! man, the reminiscing really takes me back. i don't even think that chat still exists. there's a page up with everyone's photos though (not me though, sars. no pics of 15 year old khan)

i know! i will be severely disappointed if i don't like it.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #63
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And yet still manages to have Richard Barbieri?
it's a cheesy 80s soundtrack
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 AM   #64
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


I often do a similar thing. A few nights ago, I downloaded this album and said I'd play it then go to bed. But at the end, I wanted to hear a couple of songs again. Then I had another album I wanted to play. So going to bed at 2am quickly turned into going to bed at 4:30am ...
story of my life! even on work nights, i never get to bed at the time i plan on! i plan on midnight, which becomes 2 am...
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #65
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
and aren't you impressed i remembered the city?

i know! man, the reminiscing really takes me back. i don't even think that chat still exists. there's a page up with everyone's photos though (not me though, sars. no pics of 15 year old khan)

i know! i will be severely disappointed if i don't like it.
I am! I actually had to think "hey, was Cape Town or Jo'berg the last?"

You should upload one then. Also, can you send me the picture of me in the purple wig? I want to show it to Vazza, since she missed out on it, and I'm not really that keen to go digging through shitloads of my photos trying to find where the hell it is.

I'm quietly optimistic I will at least enjoy a few songs. Anything more is a bonus.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #66
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
it's a cheesy 80s soundtrack
So in other words, half of your record collection?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #67
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I am! I actually had to think "hey, was Cape Town or Jo'berg the last?"

You should upload one then. Also, can you send me the picture of me in the purple wig? I want to show it to Vazza, since she missed out on it, and I'm not really that keen to go digging through shitloads of my photos trying to find where the hell it is.

I'm quietly optimistic I will at least enjoy a few songs. Anything more is a bonus.
i am too i remembered it was in south africa, and then i was like "yeah! he lived in johannesburg!"

i miiiiiiiiight see if i have one on my other comp tomorrow. and sure!

hehe, i know what you mean.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #68
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So in other words, half of your record collection?
no

i own very few soundtracks
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #69
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
story of my life! even on work nights, i never get to bed at the time i plan on! i plan on midnight, which becomes 2 am...
I want to get my sleeping back onto a reasonable schedule, but right now, I have no willpower.

Tomorrow, I need to leave home before 2pm to go to an ophthalmology appointment. I will actually have to set my alarm to make sure I'm up early enough that I don't need to rush.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #70
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
no

i own very few soundtracks
I never really enjoy soundtracks, personally. There's usually one or two good songs, then a bunch of random filler that doesn't make that much sense.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #71
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I want to get my sleeping back onto a reasonable schedule, but right now, I have no willpower.

Tomorrow, I need to leave home before 2pm to go to an ophthalmology appointment. I will actually have to set my alarm to make sure I'm up early enough that I don't need to rush.
i know what you mean. i wish i could get back to me going to bed at midnight. i just don't think i can.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #72
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i am too i remembered it was in south africa, and then i was like "yeah! he lived in johannesburg!"

i miiiiiiiiight see if i have one on my other comp tomorrow. and sure!

hehe, i know what you mean.
Which means he got to hear the hilarious We Are Family snippet in Discotheque!

Hee, cool.

I'd just like it to be different to the last two albums, really. Even if I'd loved the last two, I'd want that. The same album over and over again always ends up sucking, and it kind of saps your enjoyment of the earlier stuff too.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #73
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I never really enjoy soundtracks, personally. There's usually one or two good songs, then a bunch of random filler that doesn't make that much sense.
me either. there's very few i like. and even those have songs on it i don't like.

i'd try counting how many i have but i'm too lazy...i'd say less than 10.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #74
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i know what you mean. i wish i could get back to me going to bed at midnight. i just don't think i can.
Mondays and Wednesdays this semester, I will HAVE to go to bed at midnight. I'll have 10am lectures the next day, meaning I'll need to get a 9:25 tram, in turn meaning I'll want to be up at 8-8:30am so I don't need to rush and can at least pop into Interference and LJ briefly.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #75
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Which means he got to hear the hilarious We Are Family snippet in Discotheque!

Hee, cool.

I'd just like it to be different to the last two albums, really. Even if I'd loved the last two, I'd want that. The same album over and over again always ends up sucking, and it kind of saps your enjoyment of the earlier stuff too.
i don't remember what he said about the concert

ooh, more embarrassment: vh1 had a show on in the 90s called legends. or something. i dunno. it was a biography kinda thing, but not behind the music. anyway, the U2 show was premiering on a weekend night, and i told my best friend i couldn't go out because i wanted to watch the show. she teeeeeeased me about it!

i did the same thing when a year in pop premiered i was the only one who watched it!

and i agree. like you said, repetitiveness isn't a good thing.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com