Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh...one more song :sigh:

i have no self control :lol:

:lmao:

I often do a similar thing. A few nights ago, I downloaded this album and said I'd play it then go to bed. But at the end, I wanted to hear a couple of songs again. Then I had another album I wanted to play. So going to bed at 2am quickly turned into going to bed at 4:30am ...

God, in March 1998, thinking of what U2 would become by October 2000 ... it doesn't seem possible.

The next album better be good! :rant:
and aren't you impressed i remembered the city? :wink:

i know! man, the reminiscing really takes me back. i don't even think that chat still exists. there's a page up with everyone's photos though (not me though, sars. no pics of 15 year old khan)

i know! i will be severely disappointed if i don't like it.

:lmao:

I often do a similar thing. A few nights ago, I downloaded this album and said I'd play it then go to bed. But at the end, I wanted to hear a couple of songs again. Then I had another album I wanted to play. So going to bed at 2am quickly turned into going to bed at 4:30am ...
:lol: story of my life! even on work nights, i never get to bed at the time i plan on! i plan on midnight, which becomes 2 am...

and aren't you impressed i remembered the city? :wink:

i know! man, the reminiscing really takes me back. i don't even think that chat still exists. there's a page up with everyone's photos though (not me though, sars. no pics of 15 year old khan)

i know! i will be severely disappointed if i don't like it.

I am! I actually had to think "hey, was Cape Town or Jo'berg the last?"

You should upload one then. :wink: Also, can you send me the picture of me in the purple wig? I want to show it to Vazza, since she missed out on it, and I'm not really that keen to go digging through shitloads of my photos trying to find where the hell it is.

I'm quietly optimistic I will at least enjoy a few songs. Anything more is a bonus.

I am! I actually had to think "hey, was Cape Town or Jo'berg the last?"

You should upload one then. :wink: Also, can you send me the picture of me in the purple wig? I want to show it to Vazza, since she missed out on it, and I'm not really that keen to go digging through shitloads of my photos trying to find where the hell it is.

I'm quietly optimistic I will at least enjoy a few songs. Anything more is a bonus.
i am too :uhoh: i remembered it was in south africa, and then i was like "yeah! he lived in johannesburg!"

:uhoh: i miiiiiiiiight see if i have one on my other comp tomorrow. and sure!

hehe, i know what you mean.

:lol: story of my life! even on work nights, i never get to bed at the time i plan on! i plan on midnight, which becomes 2 am...

I want to get my sleeping back onto a reasonable schedule, but right now, I have no willpower.

Tomorrow, I need to leave home before 2pm to go to an ophthalmology appointment. I will actually have to set my alarm to make sure I'm up early enough that I don't need to rush.

I want to get my sleeping back onto a reasonable schedule, but right now, I have no willpower.

Tomorrow, I need to leave home before 2pm to go to an ophthalmology appointment. I will actually have to set my alarm to make sure I'm up early enough that I don't need to rush.
i know what you mean. i wish i could get back to me going to bed at midnight. i just don't think i can.

i am too :uhoh: i remembered it was in south africa, and then i was like "yeah! he lived in johannesburg!"

:uhoh: i miiiiiiiiight see if i have one on my other comp tomorrow. and sure!

hehe, i know what you mean.

Which means he got to hear the hilarious We Are Family snippet in Discotheque! :laugh:

Hee, cool.

I'd just like it to be different to the last two albums, really. Even if I'd loved the last two, I'd want that. The same album over and over again always ends up sucking, and it kind of saps your enjoyment of the earlier stuff too.

I never really enjoy soundtracks, personally. There's usually one or two good songs, then a bunch of random filler that doesn't make that much sense.
me either. there's very few i like. and even those have songs on it i don't like.

i'd try counting how many i have but i'm too lazy...i'd say less than 10.

i know what you mean. i wish i could get back to me going to bed at midnight. i just don't think i can.

Mondays and Wednesdays this semester, I will HAVE to go to bed at midnight. I'll have 10am lectures the next day, meaning I'll need to get a 9:25 tram, in turn meaning I'll want to be up at 8-8:30am so I don't need to rush and can at least pop into Interference and LJ briefly.

Which means he got to hear the hilarious We Are Family snippet in Discotheque! :laugh:

Hee, cool.

I'd just like it to be different to the last two albums, really. Even if I'd loved the last two, I'd want that. The same album over and over again always ends up sucking, and it kind of saps your enjoyment of the earlier stuff too.
:lol: i don't remember what he said about the concert :hmm:

ooh, more embarrassment: vh1 had a show on in the 90s called legends. or something. i dunno. it was a biography kinda thing, but not behind the music. anyway, the U2 show was premiering on a weekend night, and i told my best friend i couldn't go out because i wanted to watch the show. she teeeeeeased me about it!

i did the same thing when a year in pop premiered :reject: i was the only one who watched it!

and i agree. like you said, repetitiveness isn't a good thing.

me either. there's very few i like. and even those have songs on it i don't like.

i'd try counting how many i have but i'm too lazy...i'd say less than 10.

I honestly don't think I have ANY. My mother has a few. Generally if I like a song and know it's on a soundtrack, though, I'll track down the artist and get their albums.

Mondays and Wednesdays this semester, I will HAVE to go to bed at midnight. I'll have 10am lectures the next day, meaning I'll need to get a 9:25 tram, in turn meaning I'll want to be up at 8-8:30am so I don't need to rush and can at least pop into Interference and LJ briefly.
ooh, you go online in the morning? man, i sleep as late as possible so i have just enough time for shower, food, and commute.

ooh, more embarrassment: vh1 had a show on in the 90s called legends. or something. i dunno. it was a biography kinda thing, but not behind the music. anyway, the U2 show was premiering on a weekend night, and i told my best friend i couldn't go out because i wanted to watch the show. she teeeeeeased me about it!

i did the same thing when a year in pop premiered :reject: i was the only one who watched it!

and i agree. like you said, repetitiveness isn't a good thing.

:lmao: It's called a video recorder! I must admit, I can't imagine you being sooo into U2 like that. Then again, I know my 2004 posts are a bit of a mindfuck to people too.

And haha, it's sad how rejected A Year In Pop was.

ooh, you go online in the morning? man, i sleep as late as possible so i have just enough time for shower, food, and commute.

I feel weird if I don't pop in and see what's happening. But I don't shower in the morning - I prefer evening showers. So I make breakfast and eat it while checking the Internet.

Oh God, I absolutely love soundtracks, or should I say scores with a few soundtracky songs :huh:

Oh Em Gee, there was a drink at the gas station that advertised that it tasted exactly like an orange float. I was skeptical. Holy Crap, it tastes EXACTLY like an orange float.

And, I remeber at about 12 I was gonna get off the computer and go read....6 hours later...

AAAAAANNND. I know that a lot of people didn't like that the Killers randomly changed sounds between their first and second album, but I mean, change is good people. You gotta let branching out occur. I wish U2 would realize they don't have to be "The biggest band in the world" where did that fucking mentality even come from anyways. I feel like it's from the moment I heard that phrase dropped, U2 changed. And I do blame it all on flipping Larry and McGuine$$. Why don't they WANT to do something crazy and unexpected? Do tehy really need the money? Really?

I shudder to think what the early nights next semester will do to my postcount.

Although I can probably gain it back on Wednesday and Thursday/

You've been slacking off lately and you've been on holidays. :tsk:

And look at that, I'm only a few posts off 55,000.

:lmao: It's called a video recorder! I must admit, I can't imagine you being sooo into U2 like that. Then again, I know my 2004 posts are a bit of a mindfuck to people too.

And haha, it's sad how rejected A Year In Pop was.
oh, i taped it too! then the sweetest thing came out :doh: but i still have both versions of that single :uhoh: oh believe me, i was! i'd go to record stores and track down every version of their pop singles, etc.

hehe, i know! i didn't think it was that bad. but i was also 13 when it aired, and i haven't watched it since...i was 14! :lol:

I shower at night and generally skip breakfast. Hooray for waking up 15 min. before class

I feel weird if I don't pop in and see what's happening. But I don't shower in the morning - I prefer evening showers. So I make breakfast and eat it while checking the Internet.
ahh and i prefer morning showers. it wakes me up :up: i used to take evening ones and then on days i'd wash my hair it'd dry while i slept and look weird. for someone who doesn't style it, it's an annoyance :lol:

You've been slacking off lately and you've been on holidays. :tsk:

And look at that, I'm only a few posts off 55,000.

I've spent the last two days cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom. What a fucking nightmare. If anyone dares to cook in there again, I'll murder them.

And I've only had normal speed internets back for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom