Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, just gonna drop in for a bit.

Finally have the retro lists ready to listen... fixing the info will come later.

I listened to Hardy and Nam's lists. Both :up:

Listening to yours right now. :up:

I'm wondering if I even have to listen to Nam's list. I've heard all but 2 songs on it. Mine's slightly less mainstream, but not by much. :lol:

Listening to yours right now. :up:

I'm wondering if I even have to listen to Nam's list. I've heard all but 2 songs on it. Mine's slightly less mainstream, but not by much. :lol:

Awesome :D:D:D

And yeah, I really only listened to his list to see how it flow*ed well.

*DubbleyouTeeEff

I listened to Hardy and Nam's lists. Both :up:

Cool, 212. Sorry about the DK's and Oils. I couldn't rightfully make a list from that era without shoving some politics in. But I put it first for a reason, to get it out of everyone's face quickly :)

The rest wasn't so bad, was it.

We got Nam's downloaded only so far. Will listen tomorrow. Like LMP said, I know most of those also, but they're good songs and fun to see how they fit together :up:

Awesome :D:D:D

And yeah, I really only listened to his list to see how it flow*ed well.

*DubbleyouTeeEff

The spice must flow*.

*Dune ftw?

Enjoyment, Flow, and Originality are how I'm gonna grade lists this time, in that order, too. Originality just means picking songs I've never heard or even heard of. I have no problem hearing songs I know and love, so it's all good.

I also like seeing Kate Bush as a "New Wave" artist. That cracks me up.

I also love Nena's random Captain Kirk shout-out in "99 Luftballoons."

Cool, 212. Sorry about the DK's and Oils. I couldn't rightfully make a list from that era without shoving some politics in. But I put it first for a reason, to get it out of everyone's face quickly :)

The rest wasn't so bad, was it.

We got Nam's downloaded only so far. Will listen tomorrow. Like LMP said, I know most of those also, but they're good songs and fun to see how they fit together :up:

It was good, I need to listen to it again I know, because, I only knew...2 tracks on it I think. After another listen, I'm sure I'll look on it more favorably, but still ,it was a pretty awesome display of punk :D

^^Ha! Gotta love the worms :)

Yeah, kate Bush. Probably would lump her more in with Floyd or P. Gabriel, but she did kinda ride in on the new wave (pun) so I guess fortunately the rules were pretty loose.

I also love Nena's random Captain Kirk shout-out in "99 Luftballoons."

William Shatner hosted a 100 wonders countdown on VH1, and he said "This next song is even better than the others because it talks about me" and it wasn't til months later that I realized what he meant :coocoo:

Ha! Gotta love the worms :)

Yeah, kate Bush. Probably would lump her more in with Floyd or P. Gabriel, but she did kinda ride in on the new wave :pun: so I guess fortunately the rules were pretty loose.

True, she is the feminine mystique, after all.

"Rock me apple danish. Apple danish, apple danish; apple danish, apple danish. Oh-oh-oh, apple danish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom