Die, Drôme Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #286
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Hi Ax!
Is it bad that I just realised NOW that your location is, well, a joke and impossible? *iz slow sometimes*

See, you have all the nice bootlegs. I just have the album tracks and I have to base my decisions on that. And let's face it. The album tracks are rarely the best versions of the songs.
I wish it were possible! And, you know, I could be on a Melbourne tram to Wellington PARADE. I even have photos uploaded of trams on Wellington Parade, though I'll spare you the picspam.

You need some bootlegs, urgently! To U2Start with you!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #287
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So we're all in agreement, U2 and track selections = No
Yep. It's kind of sad that EVERY SINGLE ALBUM, I would considerably change. Other artists that I love, I may want to dramatically change SOME albums, but by no means ALL.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #288
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Speaking of U2Start, you mentioning the Chicago show earlier, reminded me that after I recently lost all my music, I lost the Chicago bootleg...I should go get it.

I really wish that guy would have released the video of the Chicago show like he promised he would jerkface
Old 07-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:37 PM
U2 start? Gawd, sometimes I feel like a n00b.

I do have a good instrumental of TUF (track), not played by U2, that I adore though. Now if I could only find my ACTUAL TUF. I have lost it. I have cleaned my room TWICE and I can't find it. I have it in my iTunes and everything, but I'm one of those people who likes to have the CD along with the files...and one of those people who has...7 versions of TJT and R&H combined... I like them. Just a little.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #290
Blue Crack Distributor

Grrr stupid site froze up on me, sorry for the double post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #291
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Speaking of U2Start, you mentioning the Chicago show earlier, reminded me that after I recently lost all my music, I lost the Chicago bootleg...I should go get it.

I really wish that guy would have released the video of the Chicago show like he promised he would jerkface
Yes, go get it! The 20 September 2005 boot is awesome.

And is that the U2rulesmyworld prick who caused all kinds of drama on the forums, or somebody else?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yep. It's kind of sad that EVERY SINGLE ALBUM, I would considerably change. Other artists that I love, I may want to dramatically change SOME albums, but by no means ALL.
Are there any albums that you think your favorite artists got perfect?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

WTF? That last thread must have been a new record or something.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #294
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
U2 start? Gawd, sometimes I feel like a n00b.

I do have a good instrumental of TUF (track), not played by U2, that I adore though. Now if I could only find my ACTUAL TUF. I have lost it. I have cleaned my room TWICE and I can't find it. I have it in my iTunes and everything, but I'm one of those people who likes to have the CD along with the files...and one of those people who has...7 versions of TJT and R&H combined... I like them. Just a little.
U2Start.com is a great site for getting bootlegs. And they use U2gigs.com for their concert info.

I'm one of these people who finds CDs are most useful for gathering dust!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

holy shit...did it last like, 5 hours or something?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #296
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
WTF? That last thread must have been a new record or something.
Nope, it fell 17 minutes short of beating Brest Railway Museum's record of 6 hours 10 minutes. Tits 'n' Trains is still on top.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #297
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Yes, go get it! The 20 September 2005 boot is awesome.

And is that the U2rulesmyworld prick who caused all kinds of drama on the forums, or somebody else?
The show was even better And, unless you have a different copy than I do, if I remember correctly it wasn't the greatest quality ever. That concert was so amazing though (The following contains no intended puns) It was my first show, and at the Time The First Time was my favorite song, and they played it in full for the very First Time...it was mind blowing.

I can't remember his name now, but he started a poll saying he'd release for free one of his concert proshots, and Chicago won easily, then he backed out.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #298
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Are there any albums that you think your favorite artists got perfect?
Judgement by Anathema is probably the only one I wouldn't touch. Sure, I'm not THAT enthusiastic about Parisienne Moonlight, but it works well in the album context and it didn't become a track that I skip until after about 30-40 listens.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Nope, it fell 17 minutes short of beating Brest Railway Museum's record of 6 hours 10 minutes. Tits 'n' Trains is still on top.
what happened?

picspam?
drama?
a party i missed out on?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Judgement by Anathema is probably the only one I wouldn't touch. Sure, I'm not THAT enthusiastic about Parisienne Moonlight, but it works well in the album context and it didn't become a track that I skip until after about 30-40 listens.
I need to give that album another listen soon. I didn't like it the first time but maybe I'll like it better the second.

Tags
superthread