Die, Drôme Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley, how on earth is Red Light not dead last? :tsk:

Be There is a demo likely from 1982. Not really that good, I'd never use it for any more than a b-side. Angels Too Tied To The Ground is as yet unheard, to be released on the War remaster.

Personally, my alternate War subtracts Red Light and adds A Celebration and Treasure.

Ok, I thought I recognized the Angels title.

The fact that Treasure is not on War is a travesty, and A Celebration...wow how random that that song just turned into a single :lol:

War discussion, eh? :hmm:

I like NYD, SBS, Seconds, DM, and The Refugee. The rest...meh. And I keep thinking I like Surrender, but what I really like is a snippet of Bad.

Last edited:
Personally, my alternate War subtracts Red Light and adds A Celebration and Treasure.

That's cool. A Celebration feels too much like October with the religious themes to me. Treasure actually sounds...too good for War I suppose would be one way to describe it. The energy of it seems to leave everything on War except maybe Like A Song in the dust. Do you know what I mean?

This, by the way, is my alternate War.

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. A Celebration
3. Like A Song ...
4. The Refugee
5. Seconds
6. New Year's Day
7. Two Hearts Beat As One
8. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
9. Drowning Man
10. Surrender
11. 40

Notes: A Celebration is a re-recorded version of the earlier single. It is 45 seconds longer and does not fade out.
[Unfortunately, this proposed version doesn't actually exist. Boooo.]

That's cool. A Celebration feels too much like October with the religious themes to me. Treasure actually sounds...too good for War I suppose would be one way to describe it. The energy of it seems to leave everything on War except maybe Like A Song in the dust. Do you know what I mean?

Yeah, Like A Song probably is the closest thing to Treasure, but it's a shame that Treasure isn't a widely known song. It's just so good, I mean, if A Celeb ration can come out of left field, it just feels like Treasure should've got something too.

War discussion, eh? :hmm:

I like NYD, SBS, Seconds, DM, and The Refugee. The rest...meh. And I keep thinking I like Surrender, but what I really like is a snippet of Bad.

Hey Reggo! :wave:

I definitely prefer Surrender live. It was a bit more raw and lacked the stupid backing vocals.

Yeah, Like A Song probably is the closest thing to Treasure, but it's a shame that Treasure isn't a widely known song. It's just so good, I mean, if A Celeb ration can come out of left field, it just feels like Treasure should've got something too.

I agree with both of you. I suppose what holds it back, at least to the band, is that it is lyrically a pure stream of consciousness. But I think that's what gives it its value. It's just this sudden outpouring of emotion that you can't ignore.

As for A Celebration, I think it belongs more with War. It's very passionate, but I take it as more of War's political passion than October's religious passion. I mean, you see the religious themes worked into War's political passion too, e.g. SBS and LAS. Plus its thumping drums make it sound very logical after SBS.

Hey Reggo! :wave:

I definitely prefer Surrender live. It was a bit more raw and lacked the stupid backing vocals.
Hi Ax! :wave:
:reject: Is it bad that I just realised NOW that your location is, well, a joke and impossible? *iz slow sometimes*

See, you have all the nice bootlegs. I just have the album tracks and I have to base my decisions on that. And let's face it. The album tracks are rarely the best versions of the songs.

As for A Celebration, I think it belongs more with War. It's very passionate, but I take it as more of War's political passion than October's religious passion. I mean, you see the religious themes worked into War's political passion too, e.g. SBS and LAS. Plus its thumping drums make it sound very logical after SBS.

I see your point. I know this is pretty anal but I really wish they had come up with a better title. I mean A Celebration sounds like a working title more than a released song title.

Hi Ax! :wave:
:reject: Is it bad that I just realised NOW that your location is, well, a joke and impossible? *iz slow sometimes*

See, you have all the nice bootlegs. I just have the album tracks and I have to base my decisions on that. And let's face it. The album tracks are rarely the best versions of the songs.

:laugh: I wish it were possible! And, you know, I could be on a Melbourne tram to Wellington PARADE. I even have photos uploaded of trams on Wellington Parade, though I'll spare you the picspam. :wink:

You need some bootlegs, urgently! To U2Start with you!

So we're all in agreement, U2 and track selections = No :lol:

Yep. It's kind of sad that EVERY SINGLE ALBUM, I would considerably change. Other artists that I love, I may want to dramatically change SOME albums, but by no means ALL.

Speaking of U2Start, you mentioning the Chicago show earlier, reminded me that after I recently lost all my music, I lost the Chicago bootleg...I should go get it.

I really wish that guy would have released the video of the Chicago show like he promised he would :sad: jerkface

U2 start? :scratch: Gawd, sometimes I feel like a n00b.

I do have a good instrumental of TUF (track), not played by U2, that I adore though. Now if I could only find my ACTUAL TUF. I have lost it. I have cleaned my room TWICE and I can't find it. I have it in my iTunes and everything, but I'm one of those people who likes to have the CD along with the files...and one of those people who has...7 versions of TJT and R&H combined...:reject: I like them. Just a little.

Speaking of U2Start, you mentioning the Chicago show earlier, reminded me that after I recently lost all my music, I lost the Chicago bootleg...I should go get it.

I really wish that guy would have released the video of the Chicago show like he promised he would :sad: jerkface

Yes, go get it! The 20 September 2005 boot is awesome. :drool:

And is that the U2rulesmyworld prick who caused all kinds of drama on the forums, or somebody else?

U2 start? :scratch: Gawd, sometimes I feel like a n00b.

I do have a good instrumental of TUF (track), not played by U2, that I adore though. Now if I could only find my ACTUAL TUF. I have lost it. I have cleaned my room TWICE and I can't find it. I have it in my iTunes and everything, but I'm one of those people who likes to have the CD along with the files...and one of those people who has...7 versions of TJT and R&H combined...:reject: I like them. Just a little.

U2Start.com is a great site for getting bootlegs. And they use U2gigs.com for their concert info. :wink:

I'm one of these people who finds CDs are most useful for gathering dust! :laugh:

WTF? That last thread must have been a new record or something.

Nope, it fell 17 minutes short of beating Brest Railway Museum's record of 6 hours 10 minutes. Tits 'n' Trains is still on top. :up:

Yes, go get it! The 20 September 2005 boot is awesome. :drool:

And is that the U2rulesmyworld prick who caused all kinds of drama on the forums, or somebody else?

The show was even better :wink: And, unless you have a different copy than I do, if I remember correctly it wasn't the greatest quality ever. That concert was so amazing though (The following contains no intended puns) It was my first show, and at the Time The First Time was my favorite song, and they played it in full for the very First Time...it was mind blowing.

I can't remember his name now, but he started a poll saying he'd release for free one of his concert proshots, and Chicago won easily, then he backed out.

Are there any albums that you think your favorite artists got perfect?

Judgement by Anathema is probably the only one I wouldn't touch. Sure, I'm not THAT enthusiastic about Parisienne Moonlight, but it works well in the album context and it didn't become a track that I skip until after about 30-40 listens.

Judgement by Anathema is probably the only one I wouldn't touch. Sure, I'm not THAT enthusiastic about Parisienne Moonlight, but it works well in the album context and it didn't become a track that I skip until after about 30-40 listens.

I need to give that album another listen soon. I didn't like it the first time but maybe I'll like it better the second. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom