Did you get your flu shot yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Did you get your shot?

• Yes

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • I never get sick

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
SRP-flu_shot.gif

I hate needles:|

Nope. I usually don't bother - I think I've gotten a flu shot twice in the past 7 years.

Yep, I have to because of a couple medications I'm taking. It's not that bad, plus, I give myself a shot every other week, the flu shot is nothing compared to that. :shrug:

I've never gotten some until last year and this year again.
My doctor said it was recomendable since having asthma and living in a large city is sort of a predispose for a flu, and especially with lung diseases you should be more cautious with colds and flus.

So far I've never had a real flu if I recall correctly, so I don't want to start with it now. Though I know that a flu shot is only immunizing you against one sort of flu, it's better than nothing, I guess. And it's free.

I've no problem with needles. :)

I think I got one once :hmm: I really should, being in health care :shrug: I don't mind needles either, I guess I'm just lazy :p

No.

Normally I get the shot every year, because like Vincent I have asthma, and my doctor always recommended it. We used to get them free thru work.

This year we didn't get them. Funny thing is, I used to get horribly sick once every fall, and this year I haven't gotten sick at all yet. *knock on wood* Maybe not getting the flu shot was a good thing after all. :hmm:

I never did in the past, but I did have one last month, and will probably have to have them every year from now on because of an auto-immune illness. Shot didn't hurt, and no side effects. And I hate needles to Carlos, more than you know (I had blood taken today too) :|

Got mine on Tuesday. My company has given free flu shots for the last few years, so that's how I get mine. :wink:

And I probably need it, because A. I get the worst colds in the world, and B. I have a few health problems which make getting the flu shot a good idea.

I get mine Saturday.

My brother has to get one for medical reasons, so my mother scheduled all of us for shots at the same time.

My mum had other health issues which made getting the flu especially dangerous for her, so we all used to get flu shots every year. Since she died I haven't gotten one. I'm not around many people though, so I figure that helps keep my chances of getting it down.

I really never get sick. I take a multi vitamin every day as well as vitamin C and transfer factor (if I feel like I'm coming down with something). You'd be amazed at how vitamins actually work.

Sicy said:
I really never get sick. I take a multi vitamin every day as well as vitamin C and transfer factor (if I feel like I'm coming down with something). You'd be amazed at how vitamins actually work.

:up:

Since I work at a large university and there are always a bunch of sick people around, I get a flu shot every year--fortunately, the university gives them free to faculty, employees, and their spouse. I'm the biggest needle weenie in the world, but I got mine last Friday. Aside from a little tenderness over the weekend, so far, so good. Wasn't nearly as bad as having blood drawn, which I have to do once a month for a clotting rate test since I had a huge DVT in my aorta a few years ago--I have tiny veins, and they tend to roll when they are stuck. The phlebotomist gets one try; after that, I'm outta there until another day. :(

ThoraSEB said:

This year we didn't get them. Funny thing is, I used to get horribly sick once every fall, and this year I haven't gotten sick at all yet. *knock on wood* Maybe not getting the flu shot was a good thing after all. :hmm:

That's possible. Some people react a bit too strong to vaccines and then they develop the disease.

I got mine in mid-October, because of my immune system from the meds I take, I have to be careful. Also, because I work in the community and go into many different households, I am diligent about handwashing, etc. :up:

One of my daughters and I both got the shot about 2 weeks ago... within a week she had a nasty flu. :shrug:

I got one this year because I didn't last year, and I got a really really bad flu, sickest I have ever been... it was scary.

The shot makes my arm really sore, it felt like someone slugged me in the arm for about 3 days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom