Did I break my foot??? Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
This is an example of how big a doofus I am.....
last night I was looking through a U2 book while sitting on my bedroom floor. My legs were crossed, so when I stood up to put away the book, my foot was asleep. I put my foot on the ground (even though I knew it would hurt-being asleep and all) and as soon as I did, my foot gave out and turned on the side. Then my leg followed and so I had one leg on the ground and the foot was under my butt. So when I woke up this morning the top of my foot hurts like a ______. It hurts to walk on it, right now I have a bag of frozen corn on it. It doesn't hurt to point my toes to the ground, but if I point my toes towards me, that's when I feel it.
Since I've never done anything like this before, I thought I'd come here.
What do you think?

Sounds like a sprain to me but if you're really concerned about it you should have an x ray!!

OK so if it is a sprain, what do I do?
Tylenol? Ice? Heat? Elevate it (I had to put that one in there
wink.gif
)
biggrin.gif

if it helps at all, I done the exact same thing myself
smile.gif

I broke a very small bone in my foot and was on crutches for a while.

Doofus's (what is doofus in the plural?) of the world unite
biggrin.gif

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

[This message has been edited by Bonovation (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Bonovation:

Doofus's (what is doofus in the plural?) of the world unite
biggrin.gif

Doofai????
tongue.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Sorry to hear that! I am still recovering from my sprain of SIX WEEKS !!! Seriously, they take forever to heal. My doctor told me to ice it now and again for the first 48 hours. You should get yourself a tensor bandage. That really helps when walking. Sprains suck. It was my first sprain and I hate it!!! Really try not to walk on it for the first week. As little as you can. (Easier said than done I know).

It's possible to break something or have a hairline fracture and not know it. If in three days it's not better - i.e. still swollen and hurts so that you can't walk on it, see a doctor ASAP and get an X Ray.

I forgot to mention: if you DO really think its sprained and just decide to use a tensor, make sure you wrap it right (i.e. get a kinesiology student or a doctor to show you how). Wrapping it wrong will only hurt you more.

See a doctor anyway....what could it do?

I'm no expert on these things (touch wood: i never had something broken...yet), but i think the general rule is:
if you can't move it AT ALL (or step on it in your case), it's broken.

Doctor will tell you for sure what it is and what to do about it.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

last night I was looking through a U2 book while sitting on my bedroom floor.

Since you were looking at a U2 book when this happened, I think it would be acceptable for you to post this thread in the "Everything You Know Is Wrong" (general U2) forum. You would get a lot more responses there.

With that, I hereby request Sicilia or some of the other Mods to move this thread to "Everything You Know Is Wrong." Thanks.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom