Did Anyone Watch The 9/11 Documentary Last Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It was so powerful-like no other show I've seen. Of course, it's 6 months ago today.

capt.1015853686.attacks_six_months_xnr102.jpg

capt.1015777874.attacks_trade_center_nyda101.jpg

capt.1015562142.attacks_tribute_in_light_nyr134.jpg

The firefighters in that show last night were so amazing-words can't even describe..

wtc.jpg

The Fire Fighter's Creed

When I'm called to duty God
wherever flames may rage
give me strength to save a life
whatever be its age

Help me to embrace a little child
before it is too late
or save an older person from
the horror of that fate

Enable me to be alert
to hear the weakest shout
and quickly and efficiently
to put the fire out

I want to fill my calling and
to give the best in me
to guard my neighbour and
protect his property

And if according to your will
I have to lose my life
bless with your protecting hand
my children and my wife

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 03-11-2002).]

Yeah, I watched it. It was really something to see all the firefighters in the lobby of tower 1, just the looks on their faces (fear and disbelief). It was unbelievable. It was bad enough for me watching the events unfold that day that on tv ,I can't imagine what it must have been like to go through the whole thing being there.

My local radio station (in Toronto) played Peace on Earth at 8:45am, with soundbites from firefighters, politicians, witness's, and victims friends and familys. It was a very moving moment, and brought me to tears. My sympathies are with everyone who lost someone on that horrible day!!

Peace on Earth!

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 03-11-2002).]

i watched it. it was truly unbelievable. there are not words to describe the courage of those firefighters.

I watched it too. I agree that it was hard to watch at some points. My brother lives in NYC, 2 miles north of the WTC. I've stayed at the Marriott Financial Center and World Trade Center, and been to the Atrim across the street many times. It was amazing to watch the firefighters, the looks of fear and disbelief on their faces. They knew there was a job that they needed to do, but didnt even know where to begin.

In so many ways, it is hard to believe that it has already been 6 months ago, but also hard to believe that our world changed so much in such a short time.

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 03-11-2002).]

I watched about the first half, not much more. It was a little too much when they explained what the crashing noise was on top of and around the lobby. I actually had nightmares.

watched part of it last night but it started to get rough because I was recognizing too many parts of that lobby.

Walked by the globe memorial in Battery Park this morning on my way to the ferry. I can't believe its only been six months. Six months seems like a long time but then you have these things that keep reminding you that it really is gone and the memories of what used to be there start flooding back again.

Back
Top Bottom