Did Anyone See Canada Destroy The U.S. In The World Juniors Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sorry, I don't want to offend any of you Americans, but I know that hockey is so insignificant in the States that I'm sure you'll let me get away with it! Besides, hockey is the only thing we're really good at, so you understand - right? ;)

I would like to add that the American team gave a valiant effort, and their goaltending was amazing. They provided the stiffest competition for Canada so far. Hats off to them.

That said, the score would indicate it was a tight game, but Canada outshot them 42-15 (including 15-3 in the 3rd), and held on to a 3-2 victory. Man, it was stressful! We meet the Russians in the gold medal game on Sunday! Russia looked really sharp today, too. Canada is 5-0 this tournament, so let's hope they end going totally undefeated by the end of it all!

Man, Halifax was just rocking! That building was electric...I could feel the current from this side of the country.

Last edited:
The college football national championship was tonight, you know.

Hockey is of great importance in the United States, but only in May and June.

Last edited:
Yeah, The World Juniors are, to us, what the college football championsip is to you - though that might not even be a good comparison. Put it this way, almost the entire country watched tonight's game! (Now, granted, we do have only 2 people in Canada, but still...)

In general, international competition in the major team sports seems to be a fairly low priority in the US. I wonder if anyone still remembers basketball Worlds from this summer?

So funny......

Very few places in the states even knew this was going on!
Here in Minnesota, it was in the news. And I was in Toronto at the time, so I knew all about it.

Brouchard (Spelling?) is an amazing playing. He had an amazing goal against the Devils last night. I am glad he skates for the minnesota Wild.

Back
Top Bottom