Did anyone else get money back from the CD settlement thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I almost threw this away, I thought it was junk mail :lol:

Dear California Music Purchaser:

As Attorney General for the State of California, I am pleased to enclose payment for your claim in the settlement of the Compact Disc Minimum Advertised Price Antitrust Litigation. This lawsuit was brought by the Attorneys General of 43 states and three territories and by counsel for Private Class Plaintiffs on behalf of purchasers of music CDs. In accordance with the terms of the court-approved settlement, payment is being made to music purchasers who filed a valid and timely claim.

Whether you filed your claim online at the settlement website, www.musiccdsettlement.com or by mail, the attached payment represents full payment of your portion of the Settlement. Please note that they attached payment instrument must be cashed by May 20, 2004.

It is a pleasure to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion and to return value to consumers who purchased CDs while the challenged pricing policies were in effect.

Bill Lockyear
Attorney General of California

I got $13.86 :wink:

Mine is probably sitting in the Silver Spring, MD post office.

A lot of good it would do me anyway since it would be worth all of ?6. :mad:

Yeah, that's like one free CD's worth for all my 500+... :|

That lawsuit claim should be weighted. :slant:

so that thing is for real?

i saw it somewhere and it looked like a hoax...

13.86 is a very strange number

IWasBored said:
so that thing is for real?

i saw it somewhere and it looked like a hoax...

13.86 is a very strange number

There was X amount of dollars allocated. They had intentions to pay each claimant up to but not exceeding $20, depending on how many applied for it. So the X amount of dollars set aside was then divided up between everyone. Thus this share amount. The excess, if the number of claims divided to more than $20 per person, was then to be given to charity. It looks like they got bombarded though.

I remember signing up......

Sure havent gotten anything in the mail though. I dont even remember where I was living when I signed up anyways.

So all you had to do was buy a CD at some time and you get enough to buy a new one?

U2Kitten said:
So all you had to do was buy a CD at some time and you get enough to buy a new one?

Basically.

But you had to have filled out the online form months ago. I heard about it on my local news.

Back
Top Bottom