Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, glad it's not too bad. I intentionally post smaller, quicker-to-load copies of my pictures anyway. I mean, my broadband's good but not great, and I don't want to weigh it down or post pictures that'll blow the size of the page out of all useful proportion.

Aww, lame. :hug: But it's cool to see you here at this time. :)

I'm just about to make myself some gnocchi napoli. Gnocchi's piss-easy, since I just buy it from the store (haven't yet learnt to make it myself), and whenever I make napoli sauce, I make a large batch and freeze what I don't use, some of which I'm using tonight, hence all I need to do is stir it every now and again! Yay for quick dinners that taste good.
Yeah, when I had broadband, larger pictures tended to make my firefox hiccup or want to freeze, which sucked. Which I think was more of an issue for firefox, but yeah, who needs the page blown up?

:hug: Thanks. I figured since I was up, why not? :)

Wht exactly is that? I'd google it or something but I'm too damn lazy to do it right now. :lol:

Yeah, when I had broadband, larger pictures tended to make my firefox hiccup or want to freeze, which sucked. Which I think was more of an issue for firefox, but yeah, who needs the page blown up?

:hug: Thanks. I figured since I was up, why not? :)

Wht exactly is that? I'd google it or something but I'm too damn lazy to do it right now. :lol:

Yeah, it's never fun when the page width is totally blown up or anything. Here at least, it doesn't force ALL posts to go with that page width, just the one artificially enlongated by the picture. One forum I go to, large pictures stuff up ALL posts and you have to scroll across to read any other post too. That's irritating.

Good logic. :wink:

Gnocchi is just this little Italian potatoy stuff, and napoli sauce is basically just a tomato pasta sauce. I put onion, spring onion, herbs, pepper, and oddly enough, Worcestershire sauce in mine.

Yeah, it's never fun when the page width is totally blown up or anything. Here at least, it doesn't force ALL posts to go with that page width, just the one artificially enlongated by the picture. One forum I go to, large pictures stuff up ALL posts and you have to scroll across to read any other post too. That's irritating.

Good logic. :wink:

Gnocchi is just this little Italian potatoy stuff, and napoli sauce is basically just a tomato pasta sauce. I put onion, spring onion, herbs, pepper, and oddly enough, Worcestershire sauce in mine.
I've been a member of a few message boards like that. Seems that people don't care if it stretches the page or not. It's good that it doesn't do that here, or I'd be liable to rip my hair out.

I thought it was rather genius. :D

Sounds really good, minus the onions, of course.
You're really making me want to seriously cook now. I haven't done that for a while. :hmm:

:wave: just here for a bit while I wait for my tea.

I was in the big smoke today :D we went to the creepy old jail, it was slightly boring. Mr Cin bought a tonne of comics and I got a sex & the city book. Almost bought some new Converse shoes but I think 11 pairs is quite enough :doh:

You know, I've never been to the old jail. Far too much I haven't done in this city, but when you live here, I guess that's what happens.

I've somehow ended up with four pairs of shoes total and I think it's obscene. It's my mother's fault. "Hey, you need some nice shoes!", followed a week later by "hey, I know your shoe size, si I bought you this pair and I hope it fits!"

I've been a member of a few message boards like that. Seems that people don't care if it stretches the page or not. It's good that it doesn't do that here, or I'd be liable to rip my hair out.

I thought it was rather genius. :D

Sounds really good, minus the onions, of course.
You're really making me want to seriously cook now. I haven't done that for a while. :hmm:

Heh, people on Railpage Australia got sick of it, so there's now a tag that reduces the size of overly large images, and if somebody forgets to use it, mods edit their post to include it!

Minus the onions?! :tsk: I love onion. Especially raw onion, though it's cooked in the sauce.

And heh, depending on how lively the thread is tonight, I may actually get around to baking those choccie muffins.

Heh, glad it's not too bad. I intentionally post smaller, quicker-to-load copies of my pictures anyway. I mean, my broadband's good but not great, and I don't want to weigh it down or post pictures that'll blow the size of the page out of all useful proportion.

That's what I do too.

I keep them a bit bigger because I post them on another forum where more size + detail = better.

I figure that if someone's nutty enough to want full size, they can ask.

That's what I do too.

I keep them a bit bigger because I post them on another forum where more size + detail = better.

I figure that if someone's nutty enough to want full size, they can ask.

For mine, you can just go to my LJ Scrapbook if you desperately want the large copies. I could post either the thumbnail (fucking useless), 640x480 (what I use), or full size.

well I only have one other pair of black shoes that I actually wear. I have one pair of heels, they get dragged out so rarely that I usuallly end up buying new ones when I have to get gussied up :reject:

:lol:

My four pairs:
- Runners, for obvious use. Not worn much, funnily enough!
- Casual shoes I wear when I know there's a chance they could get dirty, or I just don't want to look too stupidly nerdy.
- Smart casual shoes I wear most of the time.
- Formal shoes I don't wear often because I don't really go to that much formal shit.

Heh, people on Railpage Australia got sick of it, so there's now a tag that reduces the size of overly large images, and if somebody forgets to use it, mods edit their post to include it!

Minus the onions?! :tsk: I love onion. Especially raw onion, though it's cooked in the sauce.

And heh, depending on how lively the thread is tonight, I may actually get around to baking those choccie muffins.
On another message board I am a member on, anytime anyone quotes an image, it gets turned into a URL link instead of having a bunch of copies of that image on the page. :up:

I'm not a big fan of onions. There's certain things I can eat them in but they tend to give me rather nasty cases of indigestion. :|

Mmmm...more muffins. Time to book a flight, train gifts in hand. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom