Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT.

It's like a vision of the other direction they could have gone in from October.

If I'm not mistaken it's from the In a Lifetime shoot (you can probably notice), but it still looks unlike any other U2-related photo I've ever seen.

It looks like something from a mad dream.

Yeah, but I'm disappointed that after kinda-five-shots I'm still not typing like a dickhead. Maybe I should open the ouzo. But ouzo gives me a headache...

God, I'm a non-wine booze n00b. I know you've explained what ouzo is, but I've forgotten already. Is it one of those crazy lighter fuel drinks?

God, I'm a non-wine booze n00b. I know you've explained what ouzo is, but I've forgotten already. Is it one of those crazy lighter fuel drinks?

Nah, it's a Greek anise-flavoured drink. Don't think it tastes like lighter-fluid. Fuckin' mezcal tastes like lighter-fluid. I have that, too.

If I'm not mistaken it's from the In a Lifetime shoot (you can probably notice), but it still looks unlike any other U2-related photo I've ever seen.

It looks like something from a mad dream.

Ah, right. God, Bono looked like a funny character back then.

And can I just say that port is one of the most interesting drinks to simply LOOK AT in the glass?

Nah, it's a Greek anise-flavoured drink. Don't think it tastes like lighter-fluid. Fuckin' mezcal tastes like lighter-fluid. I have that, too.

Ah, mezcal, that's right.

Ouzo doesn't sound like a terribly Greek name to me. Outzolonikki, perhaps.

Ah, right. God, Bono looked like a funny character back then.

And can I just say that port is one of the most interesting drinks to simply LOOK AT in the glass?

Yeah, it was great. He looked funny before JT. He still looked funny in JT, but it was more annoying than funny.

I'll have to buy another bottle to confirm this.

... but I do have sherry. No headaches. No lighter fluid taste. I think this'll work out alright!

Ah, mezcal, that's right.

Ouzo doesn't sound like a terribly Greek name to me. Outzolonikki, perhaps.

:lol: Yeah the origins of the name aren't too clear, but they're said to derive from Italian, of all things, about a comment on anise-flavoured tsipouro (the father of ouzo).

Yeah, it was great. He looked funny before JT. He still looked funny in JT, but it was more annoying than funny.

I'll have to buy another bottle to confirm this.

... but I do have sherry. No headaches. No lighter fluid taste. I think this'll work out alright!

Before JT, it was "hey, I haz mullet and spiffy hatz". JT onwards, it was "damn, I think I'm cool and quite possibly American".

Apparently my family would disown me if I ever drank sherry, because they think it's the sole domain of pissed grandmas.

:lol: Yeah the origins of the name aren't too clear, but they're said to derive from Italian, of all things, about a comment on anise-flavoured tsipouro (the father of ouzo).

Those Romans fucking things up again, or later people from the Italian peninsula?

Those Romans fucking things up again, or later people from the Italian peninsula?

It was only around from the 14th century approx onwards (tsipouro, not ouzo), so it was simply a comment of an Italian, I think. Nothing really of fucking up. Ouzo itself is in Greek.

Before JT, it was "hey, I haz mullet and spiffy hatz". JT onwards, it was "damn, I think I'm cool and quite possibly American".

Apparently my family would disown me if I ever drank sherry, because they think it's the sole domain of pissed grandmas.

The best thing about the pre-JT Bono (appearance wise) is that it seemed virtually impossible for anyone to seriously find him attractive. He really did look very silly, indeed. It is bad for someone to resort to the appearance of an American (albeit not an actual American, rather a skewed and presumptuous view of one).

Well, that's true. My granny keeps sherry, but my granny is seriously awesome and badass, so I don't care. Even for an eighty-something widow, she's quicker witted and funnier than basically anyone my age. I hope she lasts a long while yet. So see, I don't think there's much wrong with sherry because of her.

The best thing about the pre-JT Bono (appearance wise) is that it seemed virtually impossible for anyone to seriously find him attractive. He really did look very silly, indeed. It is bad for someone to resort to the appearance of an American (albeit not an actual American, rather a skewed and presumptuous view of one).

Well, that's true. My granny keeps sherry, but my granny is seriously awesome and badass, so I don't care. Even for an eighty-something widow, she's quicker witted and funnier than basically anyone my age. I hope she lasts a long while yet. So see, I don't think there's much wrong with sherry because of her.

Haha, I've love to have seen a 1985 equivalent of PLEBA. Especially when Bono came out with the dead skunk look. And to think Ali Hewson went along with this! And yeah, I love how stereotypical some of Bono's JT era clothing is.

Ah, that's awesome. See, I just think of those old ladies who go to the local RSL or racing club and get sloshed, waste money on the pokies, then fall into a taxi to get home and make suss passes at a driver who doesn't speak English.

How we all doin' today?

We're drinking. :fuckyeah:

I'm very tired. Not so sure tiredness and booze are a good combo but it makes me think what I'm writing is funny. Not this post specifically. But stuff in general.

Haha, I've love to have seen a 1985 equivalent of PLEBA. Especially when Bono came out with the dead skunk look. And to think Ali Hewson went along with this! And yeah, I love how stereotypical some of Bono's JT era clothing is.

Ah, that's awesome. See, I just think of those old ladies who go to the local RSL or racing club and get sloshed, waste money on the pokies, then fall into a taxi to get home and make suss passes at a driver who doesn't speak English.

That would have been hilarious. That's one version of Pleba that I think most people would get a kick out of seeing, actually. At least Ali wouldn't have had to really worry about groupies, I suppose. As for the JT thing, well basically everything about JT except for the music (bar the Daltons) would have probably offended me if I were American. It seemed very patronising and dumb. I think that's sort of the beginning of the end for U2, as far as I'm concerned, even if they were still making and performing good music a bit longer.

Ahaha, yeah you said something about that before. It's pretty much right, certainly one of the types of grannies. I can definitely see my granny yelling to a taxi driver after a few, but she would still be hilarious.

That would have been hilarious. That's one version of Pleba that I think most people would get a kick out of seeing, actually. At least Ali wouldn't have had to really worry about groupies, I suppose. As for the JT thing, well basically everything about JT except for the music (bar the Daltons) would have probably offended me if I were American. It seemed very patronising and dumb. I think that's sort of the beginning of the end for U2, as far as I'm concerned, even if they were still making and performing good music a bit longer.

Ahaha, yeah you said something about that before. It's pretty much right, certainly one of the types of grannies. I can definitely see my granny yelling to a taxi driver after a few, but she would still be hilarious.

Then again, what's worrying is that was kinda cool back then, wasn't it? So you'd get people in PLEBA fawning over it, then in 2008 looking back on it and wondering what the fuck they were on. I wonder if Bono ever looks back and wonders what the fuck HE was on. Then again, he needs to take a good, hard look at himself right now too. I do appreciate that at least in the eighties, Bono was earnest, even in his mistakes. Now, it's so fucking scripted and calculated.

Yeah, I think it was when I was coming home from FAR's one night and these sloshed grannies got on the bus and when the driver told one to sit down, she told him that he sounded like her ex-husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom