Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit. So I'm thinking "hey, I'm tired, maybe I'll get to bed earliy!" ... then I lean back, closed my eyes, and just fell asleep for about 25 minutes. Time for another 4am bedtime tonight! :happy:

Oh shit. So I'm thinking "hey, I'm tired, maybe I'll get to bed earliy!" ... then I lean back, closed my eyes, and just fell asleep for about 25 minutes. Time for another 4am bedtime tonight! :happy:

:lol: Good thing I got up early today.

Damnit, looks like I missed Anna thanks to that unexpected nap! Hi Serena, in any case! :wave:

i just got bill bailey tickets!!!!
:hyper:

ps, evening sinkholes!

Oooh, that'd be great. I should look him up and see when he's in Melbourne rather than just sitting here thinking "yeah, that'd be cool" and do nothing about it, like I did with the Comedy Festival and The Chaser's Age Of Terror Variety Hour earlier this year.

haha, i'm still hanging around ax, like the proverbial fart in a shower.
i'm waiting for a pot of water to boil, and you know what they say about the watched pot.
i said my farewell a little early, in hindsight.
:hmm:

Yeah, I'll probably be around for lunchtime concerts - I pretty much always have been. Doing Policing and some Psychology subject here at Melb this semester.

Ah, cool. Looks like I'll have gaps on Wednesday and Thursday too - not long enough to come home, but long enough to be a bother. :down:

But at least I get Monday and Friday off.

Might have to look at getting a laptop ASAP so I can sit on Interference during those gaps if you're not around ...

i'm waiting for a pot of water to boil, and you know what they say about the watched pot.
I tend to put off leaving here too. :shifty: Which is why I often times find I have to avoid this thread to get anything done! :laugh:

:lol:

Which reminds me, I should do some cooking and some baking tonight or tomorrow. Not that much of it will involve boiling pots. But it made me think of the kitchen at least, and I need muffins!

Hey Axver! :wave:
How are you tonight?

I'm good! Still a bit sleepy after that short nap, which is unusual for me. But it's bad news. I need to stay up at least one more hour so that I can amend my university timetable as soon as things go live, and by then I'll probably be wide awake and ready to stay up until dawn. :|

:hmm: Me thinks I should grab some green tea later. This sore throat just isn't going away.

Damn. :down:

How are you otherwise?

Which reminds me, I should do some cooking and some baking tonight or tomorrow. Not that much of it will involve boiling pots. But it made me think of the kitchen at least, and I need muffins!
You're making me suddenly crave blueberry muffins. :drool:

want a recipe which will give your upper arms a workout? those damn cookies i made the other day i have to remake because the family scoffed them down like a pack of wild pigs.
:tsk:

anyway, they're kinda like ANZAC bikkies but rather complicated.

* 1 cup butter or marg
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal* (linseed meal)
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1 cup or more chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Directions:

Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended.
Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture.
Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat.
The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Serves: 6 dozen cookies

Preparation time: 15 minutes

*can be found at any local health food store.
*NOTE* IT MUST BE BREWERS YEAST, NO SUBSTITUTIONS.

axver did you see the ad for bill, by the way? you'd have probably caught it if you watched the hollowmen. he looks brilliant!!
Bill Bailey - Tinselworm :: Current Events :: Adrian Bohm Presents

Ah, no, I turned the telly off after The Gruen Transfer, which was quality. The ads for global warming had me in stitches.

That looks like it might be worth going to. Will have to see if U-Wen or Ali or FAR or somebody's interested in going to one of the Melbourne shows.

I'm good! Still a bit sleepy after that short nap, which is unusual for me. But it's bad news. I need to stay up at least one more hour so that I can amend my university timetable as soon as things go live, and by then I'll probably be wide awake and ready to stay up until dawn. :|

Damn. :down:

How are you otherwise?
I hate taking short naps for that reason. I tend to wind up just sleeping until whenever my 8 hours (or 6-7 as I've noticed it tends to go) is over with because I just can't force myself to get up. :lol:
That sucks though. :down: Hopefully you will be able to at least be on the better side of comfortable while you do that. Staying up until dawn, however, blows. I used to do it almost daily a couple months ago for a couple weeks. :|

I'm good. I decided I'd pop in here since I hadn't been here since yesterday morning (the signs of an addict, I do presume.) 'cause I had to get things done and it was easier to avoid the thread so I didn't get sucked in. :laugh:
And of course, planning for this weekend. It's such a big deal for me. :hyper:

want a recipe which will give your upper arms a workout? those damn cookies i made the other day i have to remake because the family scoffed them down like a pack of wild pigs.

anyway, they're kinda like ANZAC bikkies but rather complicated.

:hmm: I'm not one for oats usually, and I like my recipes to be painless if at all possible. :wink: But then anything involving chocolate chips cannot possibly be bad ...

That happens to me with anything sweet I make. You can't keep sweets around here. Homemade or not.
Suppose it's a good thing since I can't have too much sugar, however....:lol:

That'll also lose you a Superthread purity point on the new test. :up:

In that case, www.qantas.com should help you get close enough to sample them. :wink:
Yeah, I know. You guys are going to corrupt the hell out of me. I suspect I'll probably lose a few this wekend too. :laugh:

:wave: Right then, expect me to be by for some of your cooking. :up:

I hate taking short naps for that reason. I tend to wind up just sleeping until whenever my 8 hours (or 6-7 as I've noticed it tends to go) is over with because I just can't force myself to get up. :lol:
That sucks though. :down: Hopefully you will be able to at least be on the better side of comfortable while you do that. Staying up until dawn, however, blows. I used to do it almost daily a couple months ago for a couple weeks. :|

I'm good. I decided I'd pop in here since I hadn't been here since yesterday morning (the signs of an addict, I do presume.) 'cause I had to get things done and it was easier to avoid the thread so I didn't get sucked in. :laugh:
And of course, planning for this weekend. It's such a big deal for me. :hyper:

Yeah, I almost never take naps. I hate them. They always mess up my sleeping schedule, and I often - though luckily not now - wake up with a pounding headache from them.

Hee, I was wondering where you were last night. I can't believe you managed to miss an entire thread in such a short time! :lol:

See, I wasn't too fussed about my 21st. I don't like birthdays, mine especially. But everybody else made a fuss about it being my 21st, so I flew up to Queensland and over to Wellington, down to Nelson, back to Wellington, and finally home to Melbourne all in the space of five days and had three separate birthdays with various friends and relatives. Good times, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom