Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


It's to do with how the forum limits how many times you can post. Prior to the upgrade, normal members could only post once every 45 seconds and premiums could post once every 15 seconds. Now, everybody's on the 15 second limit. On our quicker threads, being "45ed", i.e. getting the rate limiting error message, was fairly common. 15ed is rarer. I've only been 15ed twice.
I've gotten a "This is a double post, you moron" forum message a few times when Interland has a brain fart.
__________________

__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Pushing through to bedtime rather than napping also means a more solid, sound sleep, at least in my experience.

At least the place was chugging along, we still managed to make it to a new thread despite your non-appearance. And I did manage to have a somewhat productive afternoon too! I am learning to integrate the thread into daily activities rather than fully staying away. So I got dishes done, washed and hung up the laundry, and cleaned the toilet. I feel pleased. Now ... lots more to go.

I suppose I have quiet birthdays compared to most, but I don't like the expectation that I'll do a family dinner and shit like that. I rarely enjoy them. My 21st was a happy exception. But normally ... if I could just sit there eating cake and listening to music, I wouldn't complain!
Yes it does! And that's why it's better to do! Easier to fall asleep and stay asleep than if you nap!

Yeah, I was rather surprised because it seemed pretty dead when I left yesterday afternoon. I'd have come back if it weren't for the phone being needed and my having to get things done. I need to learn the same kind of balance. Sort of. At least the will enough to pull myself away for the minor stuff and not just the need to get done right away stuff!

Looks like we've got pretty much the same opinion on that! I prefer to be left alone to do as I wish in some nice peace and quiet for my birthday! Which is why I am glad my birthdays usually aren't too lively. I think I'd hate that since I'm not fond of actual "parties" as per se or anything like that. I prefer some nice quiet time, maybe some cheese cake or something like that since I'm not overly fond of actual cake. And watching a movie or something works. The X-Files movie comes out the Friday after my birthday, I think. So I am kind of gearing up to go see that.
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
My cat's howling at me. "Mrowr! Let me in! Mrowr! You're on the superthread again?! Mrowr! Let me in, bitch!"
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


It's to do with how the forum limits how many times you can post. Prior to the upgrade, normal members could only post once every 45 seconds and premiums could post once every 15 seconds. Now, everybody's on the 15 second limit. On our quicker threads, being "45ed", i.e. getting the rate limiting error message, was fairly common. 15ed is rarer. I've only been 15ed twice.
I got the 45 second message back on the old interference. Not on the superthread, but since I am a quick poster, I tended to see it rather often.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #95
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Yeah, those I can't. But that doesn't mean I can't get nearly as warped as the rest of you lot.
I still have yet to drunk posting, drunk posting encouraged by the superthread and I think it's a given I'll pass out during it because it wouldn't be the first time I've passed out while (trying to) use the computer past a certain point of inebriation.

I don't really know much about them, 'cause my brother messed with those kinds of things more than I did, but maybe a model train and some pics for you to hang up or something would work.
Most of the stuff from question 71 onwards I've done. I think six I haven't done yet and I intend to do all but two. The stuff we kept from the old test (which has been kept because the test is intended as a revision, improvement, and possibly replacement to the old test rather than a mere supplement), though ... I still don't do too well and that's not going to change in a hurry!

Ahh, right. And yeah, that'd definitely get you more food.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
*gives cookies*
Chocolate?
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Not only a postwhore, but a foodwhore. Sis, I am surprised at you

__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #98
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I have a half funny/ half gross story about my 22nd birthday, but it may be construed as oversharing.
Share it and lose a Superthread purity point.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Chocolate?
Sure, why not?
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #100
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Most of the stuff from question 71 onwards I've done. I think six I haven't done yet and I intend to do all but two. The stuff we kept from the old test (which has been kept because the test is intended as a revision, improvement, and possibly replacement to the old test rather than a mere supplement), though ... I still don't do too well and that's not going to change in a hurry!

Ahh, right. And yeah, that'd definitely get you more food.
I will probably have to take a copy of the test for a word document or something so I can take it regularly since I come here pretty regularly now, then I can watch my superthread purity drop!
Are you going to be revising it more? 'Cause I'll wait if you plan to.

Sweet! I'm sure I'd appreciate your cooking, I always appreciate a good cook.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #101
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Not only a postwhore, but a foodwhore. Sis, I am surprised at you

You shouldn't be. They don't call me the bottomless pit for nothing.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #102
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Yes it does! And that's why it's better to do! Easier to fall asleep and stay asleep than if you nap!

Yeah, I was rather surprised because it seemed pretty dead when I left yesterday afternoon. I'd have come back if it weren't for the phone being needed and my having to get things done. I need to learn the same kind of balance. Sort of. At least the will enough to pull myself away for the minor stuff and not just the need to get done right away stuff!

Looks like we've got pretty much the same opinion on that! I prefer to be left alone to do as I wish in some nice peace and quiet for my birthday! Which is why I am glad my birthdays usually aren't too lively. I think I'd hate that since I'm not fond of actual "parties" as per se or anything like that. I prefer some nice quiet time, maybe some cheese cake or something like that since I'm not overly fond of actual cake. And watching a movie or something works. The X-Files movie comes out the Friday after my birthday, I think. So I am kind of gearing up to go see that.
Can't wait for a shitty night's sleep tonight. Maybe I'll just do the stay-up-all-night trick!

Heh. Yeah, it spurted into life - it seems to do that around midday my time (it's nearly midnight now). The dead period is about 6-11am.

Even if I were fond of actual parties, I'd be fucked as I don't have a large enough group of friends. Even a good piss-up is out of the question, as most of my friends aren't the sort to get drunk. So I usually just do a fairly lowkey lunch with friends and dinner with family, or lunch with my mother and dinner with family and friends. I used to have a tradition of renting my favourite movie, The Great Escape, but I haven't done that the last couple of years due to inconvenient circumstances. Should just buy my own copy ...
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Share it and lose a Superthread purity point.
Oh, does that mean I can share that one time I had mint schnapps if it involves something gross and it's oversharing?
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #104
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I will probably have to take a copy of the test for a word document or something so I can take it regularly since I come here pretty regularly now, then I can watch my superthread purity drop!
Are you going to be revising it more? 'Cause I'll wait if you plan to.

Sweet! I'm sure I'd appreciate your cooking, I always appreciate a good cook.
Yeah, we're still working on revising it. The incest/paedophilia/bestiality questions are gone and the following three have been drafted to replace them:

101. done something with the specific purpose of lowering your purity score or used either the original purity test or this one as inspiration for activities?
102. lost purity points at the encouragement and/or advice of the Superthread?
103. posted something troublesome in another thread either to amuse the Superthread or due to its encouragement?

A few other questions are also under threat of being cut - the ones about being propositioned by a prostitute, accepting the proposition, and travelling 100+ km for the sole purpose of sex.

And I'd like to think I'm a good cook! Ali and TranceEnding here enjoyed my apple and choc muffins, and Kate liked the food I made. Otherwise, though, people have rarely had my cooking.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #105
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
You shouldn't be. They don't call me the bottomless pit for nothing.
Hah. I'm a bit notorious as being the person who'll polish off food if somebody else can't finish it. When Fellow Albino Railfan and I are out railfanning and we stop in for fast food in between trains, I routinely finish her meals.

Though I'm starting to think I may need to cut back on this and do a little more exercise ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Oh, does that mean I can share that one time I had mint schnapps if it involves something gross and it's oversharing?
Hmm. Well, oversharing usually tends to be sexual oversharing, but it depends on the grossness I guess.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com