Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #76
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
ETA: (cause I'm tired and grumpy) You guys talk too much.
We do.

But at least you and Serena rocking up has really livened up these threads at this time of day. Often it'd be really quiet, with the Aussie crowd gone for the night but most of the Americans not yet here.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
For me, if I do nap, it rarely breaks an hour. It's just such a futile, pointless exercise. This evening, I was thinking "just stay awake, just stay awake!" but nooo. Now I feel myself waking up in a big way. Ah well!

Heh, I was one of the founding members of this place and I still haven't learnt self-control, despite whatever illusions my four day hiatus last month may seem to present.

I don't like my own birthday because it seems everybody wants to make a fuss and do things I'd rather not do, and I don't like other birthdays because I'm shit at present-buying and such. I'd enjoy it if I could just sit at home and eat a bit of cake and let that be that.
Mine never do either unless I didn't get much sleep at all or I am sick. Which is usually in either case, when I wind up waking overly roasted. Napping is just made of fail. I prefer to soldier on until it's bedtime!

Guess that's a sign I won't be learning any time soon. I'm surprised I was able to stay away for a thread. I did happen to check out the thread last night but then I willed myself not to post because I had things to do and I couldn't chance getting sucked in. It was hard not to though!

My birthdays are never like that. Nobody really makes a big deal out of them, which I guess is why I happen to like them a bit more than one probably should. Last year, all I did was go out to the record store to retrieve my copy of U2 Go Home, got some teriyaki chicken, went home and watched it while eating some of my favourite food. And that was that. I prefer cheesecake though, over any.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
We do.

But at least you and Serena rocking up has really livened up these threads at this time of day. Often it'd be really quiet, with the Aussie crowd gone for the night but most of the Americans not yet here.
This is true. Although this place is as addictive as hell.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think it contrasts well with my Astrophysicist in training rank.
Me too!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I must've passed 24,000 Superthread posts by now.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Though there's a few points on the test that you can't lose. You weren't around for the Kunstmuseum, and you can't be 45ed any more, though you could be 15ed.

Oooh, yes, especially if it's the scale I model in, HO scale.
Yeah, those I can't. But that doesn't mean I can't get nearly as warped as the rest of you lot.
I still have yet to drunk posting, drunk posting encouraged by the superthread and I think it's a given I'll pass out during it because it wouldn't be the first time I've passed out while (trying to) use the computer past a certain point of inebriation.

I don't really know much about them, 'cause my brother messed with those kinds of things more than I did, but maybe a model train and some pics for you to hang up or something would work.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

45ed? 15ed? Aw, fuck it I don't care.

Captain Obvious says: She gets grouchy when she's tired.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
We do.

Glad I could help.
I tend to wanna get up early anyway so I've got time to lounge before I have to actually get up to do anything, so I figure why not waste some time on here!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Tell me about it. I've put off breakfast two mornings in a row for the later morning instead because I couldn't stop posting.
And I had to avoid the entire last thread (which wasn't intentional to miss the WHOLE thing) so I could actually get some straightening up done.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #85
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Mine never do either unless I didn't get much sleep at all or I am sick. Which is usually in either case, when I wind up waking overly roasted. Napping is just made of fail. I prefer to soldier on until it's bedtime!

Guess that's a sign I won't be learning any time soon. I'm surprised I was able to stay away for a thread. I did happen to check out the thread last night but then I willed myself not to post because I had things to do and I couldn't chance getting sucked in. It was hard not to though!

My birthdays are never like that. Nobody really makes a big deal out of them, which I guess is why I happen to like them a bit more than one probably should. Last year, all I did was go out to the record store to retrieve my copy of U2 Go Home, got some teriyaki chicken, went home and watched it while eating some of my favourite food. And that was that. I prefer cheesecake though, over any.
Pushing through to bedtime rather than napping also means a more solid, sound sleep, at least in my experience.

At least the place was chugging along, we still managed to make it to a new thread despite your non-appearance. And I did manage to have a somewhat productive afternoon too! I am learning to integrate the thread into daily activities rather than fully staying away. So I got dishes done, washed and hung up the laundry, and cleaned the toilet. I feel pleased. Now ... lots more to go.

I suppose I have quiet birthdays compared to most, but I don't like the expectation that I'll do a family dinner and shit like that. I rarely enjoy them. My 21st was a happy exception. But normally ... if I could just sit there eating cake and listening to music, I wouldn't complain!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Serena agrees. Serena discovered this long, long time ago.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Ax, concerning the Superthread purity test was there a reason for keeping so many questions from the original purity test?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #88
Vocal parasite

Quote:
45ed? 15ed? Aw, fuck it I don't care.

It's to do with how the forum limits how many times you can post. Prior to the upgrade, normal members could only post once every 45 seconds and premiums could post once every 15 seconds. Now, everybody's on the 15 second limit. On our quicker threads, being "45ed", i.e. getting the rate limiting error message, was fairly common. 15ed is rarer. I've only been 15ed twice.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

I have a half funny/ half gross story about my 22nd birthday, but it may be construed as oversharing.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Serena agrees. Serena discovered this long, long time ago.
*gives cookies*

Tags
superthread