Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #511
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Britastic! View Post
Ughhhh I cant flipping stand guys... A-holes.
Let me, as a guy, confirm that guys are shit.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #512
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I've listened to precious little from this year. Station by Russian Circles owns, though. What've you played?
Not a whole lot of GREAT albums from this year, but nothing too crushingly disappointing either.

R.E.M. - Accelerate
The Roots - Rising Down
Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple
Sheryl Crow - Detours
The Dodos - Visiter
Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
Weezer - The Red Album
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
She & Him - Volume One
The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely
Beck - Modern Guilt
Hercules And Love Affair - Hercules And Love Affair

M83 - Saturdays = Youth and Hold Steady - Stay Positive will be done by the end of the night.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #513
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I know what you mean.

I'm only pissed when I've got something to do that day. Otherwise, it's fine. I'm not much of a morning/early afternoon person.

Can't stay up too late tonight, gotta wake up early to take my senior photos tomorrow.
See, I do like waking up by around 10am. If I miss the morning entirely, I feel like I've wasted my day. I can't believe it's 1:40pm right now and I've only been up 20 minutes. God. Only 1.5 weeks of holidays left before I find myself with 10am classes two days a week, though.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #514
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Not a whole lot of GREAT albums from this year, but nothing too crushingly disappointing either.

R.E.M. - Accelerate
The Roots - Rising Down
Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple
Sheryl Crow - Detours
The Dodos - Visiter
Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
Weezer - The Red Album
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
She & Him - Volume One
The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely
Beck - Modern Guilt
Hercules And Love Affair - Hercules And Love Affair

M83 - Saturdays = Youth and Hold Steady - Stay Positive will be done by the end of the night.
I haven't even heard of most of them, heh. The artists, mostly yes, but not the albums. I do have the M83 album, though. Haven't yet played it. Let me know what you think of it. I'm just getting into them, thanks to LMP's suggestion.

I'm now checking RYM to see what 2008 albums I've played.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #515
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I haven't even heard of most of them, heh. The artists, mostly yes, but not the albums. I do have the M83 album, though. Haven't yet played it. Let me know what you think of it. I'm just getting into them, thanks to LMP's suggestion.

I'm now checking RYM to see what 2008 albums I've played.
I listened to it a very convincing ONE time, and was extremely impressed. I jumped on board because of Kim & Jessie, but the whole album has great atmosphere and melodies. My issue is with the length...there's no reason for it to be an hour long, considering it gets repetitive by track 8.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #516
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
See, I do like waking up by around 10am. If I miss the morning entirely, I feel like I've wasted my day. I can't believe it's 1:40pm right now and I've only been up 20 minutes. God. Only 1.5 weeks of holidays left before I find myself with 10am classes two days a week, though.
10-11 AM would be an ideal wake-up time for me, but I stay up too late during the summer to allow that.

El-Mel, I've heard all of those albums except The Dodos and Sheryl Crow ones. I think even a few more, too. Not sure.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #517
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
El-Mel, I've heard all of those albums except The Dodos and Sheryl Crow ones. I think even a few more, too. Not sure.
What did you think of Beck's new record?

Definitely check out Dodos. They're one of the surprises of the year for me. Sheryl Crow I've always liked, so it wasn't a shock in particular that I liked her album, but the extent that I did was surprising.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #518
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
What did you think of Beck's new record?

Definitely check out Dodos. They're one of the surprises of the year for me. Sheryl Crow I've always liked, so it wasn't a shock in particular that I liked her album, but the extent that I did was surprising.
I enjoyed it. I'm not as big of a fan as you are, but it was a good listen.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:50 PM   #519
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Records on the back burner:

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Portishead - Third
British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music?
Supergrass - Diamond Hoo Ha
Stephen Malkmus - Real Emotional Trash
The Breeders - Mountain Battles
Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster
Sun Kil Moon - April

I'm really not looking forward to listening through Vampire Weekend's album all the way through. No offense, LMP.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #520
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I listened to it a very convincing ONE time, and was extremely impressed. I jumped on board because of Kim & Jessie, but the whole album has great atmosphere and melodies. My issue is with the length...there's no reason for it to be an hour long, considering it gets repetitive by track 8.
Yeah, I've found with the album I've played already (Dead Cities, Red Seas, And Lost Ghosts), I prefer to take a bunch of tracks rather than playing the whole album at once.

Turns out, as I suspected, I've played precious few full albums from 2008:
1. No-Man: Schoolyard Ghosts (incredible; I recommend it for Truenorth alone)
2. Russian Circles: Station (even more incredible)
3. Kalisia: Cybion (prog death metal, so you'd hate it, and I feel I should too, it feels like it should be cheesy ... but it somehow works)
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #521
Refugee
 
Its Britastic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere, U.S.A with a dog named Courage.
Posts: 1,113
Local Time: 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Let me, as a guy, confirm that guys are shit.
Yeah, they all are. Ohhh well Ill find a good one... someday.
__________________
Its Britastic! is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #522
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
10-11 AM would be an ideal wake-up time for me, but I stay up too late during the summer to allow that.
I'd prefer to only stay up until 1-2am or so. Unfortunately, I tend to either get sucked in by this place or simply not feel tired and stay until 4am. Bleh.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #523
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Records on the back burner:

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Portishead - Third
British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music?
Supergrass - Diamond Hoo Ha
Stephen Malkmus - Real Emotional Trash
The Breeders - Mountain Battles
Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster
Sun Kil Moon - April

I'm really not looking forward to listening through Vampire Weekend's album all the way through. No offense, LMP.
The Los Campesinos album is off the fucking chain. Portishead's was a good listen, too. Vampire Weekend's pretty alright.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #524
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Supergrass - Diamond Hoo Ha
This is a, uh ... interesting album name.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #525
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
The Los Campesinos album is off the fucking chain. Portishead's was a good listen, too. Vampire Weekend's pretty alright.
Fuck, I'm getting the Vampire Weekend album out of the way right now.

I've never heard a band that's so obviously the very definition of indie. The songs are fun, but have the depth of a thimble.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com