Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. You guys are going to corrupt the hell out of me. I suspect I'll probably lose a few this wekend too. :laugh:

:wave: Right then, expect me to be by for some of your cooking. :up:

Damn straight. I can't be the only one down wallowing in the corrupt mire of 35%. :wink:

Come with train-related gifts and you'll get even more food in return.

Yeah, I almost never take naps. I hate them. They always mess up my sleeping schedule, and I often - though luckily not now - wake up with a pounding headache from them.

Hee, I was wondering where you were last night. I can't believe you managed to miss an entire thread in such a short time! :lol:

See, I wasn't too fussed about my 21st. I don't like birthdays, mine especially. But everybody else made a fuss about it being my 21st, so I flew up to Queensland and over to Wellington, down to Nelson, back to Wellington, and finally home to Melbourne all in the space of five days and had three separate birthdays with various friends and relatives. Good times, actually.

I don't either. Every time I've ever taken a nap, it's lasted 3-5 hours, depending. Sick or just simply too tired. And then I wind up awake 'til dawn, I usually wake up unbearably hot and have to sit on the vents the air comes out of for a while and it's just an overall hassle!

I was wondering if anyone noticed I wasn't there last night. :lol: I was here in the morning but then I had to get stuff done and I wasn't about to get any done with this thread distracting me. Seems I've yet to learn about Superthread self control. If there's a damn such thing. :laugh:

I'm usually rather fond of my own birthday, not about myself though. Just that I'm a year older and I get to celebrate. Though all I did last year was sit at home by myself because everyone was busy. :| This year'll be different because my birthday's on a Sunday. Guess I'm going to have to make sure I don't get hungover. It'd be a pain to have to go through my birthday with one.

Damn straight. I can't be the only one down wallowing in the corrupt mire of 35%. :wink:

Come with train-related gifts and you'll get even more food in return.

You'll probably have me as corrupt as you before it's all said and done with. Who knows, maybe by the end of this year, if I'm becoming this warped already. :lol:

:hmm: When I was younger, my brother and I used to have some model trains and cars. I suppose that'd work, wouldn't it? :wink:

I don't either. Every time I've ever taken a nap, it's lasted 3-5 hours, depending. Sick or just simply too tired. And then I wind up awake 'til dawn, I usually wake up unbearably hot and have to sit on the vents the air comes out of for a while and it's just an overall hassle!

I was wondering if anyone noticed I wasn't there last night. :lol: I was here in the morning but then I had to get stuff done and I wasn't about to get any done with this thread distracting me. Seems I've yet to learn about Superthread self control. If there's a damn such thing. :laugh:

I'm usually rather fond of my own birthday, not about myself though. Just that I'm a year older and I get to celebrate. Though all I did last year was sit at home by myself because everyone was busy. :| This year'll be different because my birthday's on a Sunday. Guess I'm going to have to make sure I don't get hungover. It'd be a pain to have to go through my birthday with one.

For me, if I do nap, it rarely breaks an hour. It's just such a futile, pointless exercise. This evening, I was thinking "just stay awake, just stay awake!" but nooo. Now I feel myself waking up in a big way. Ah well!

Heh, I was one of the founding members of this place and I still haven't learnt self-control, despite whatever illusions my four day hiatus last month may seem to present.

I don't like my own birthday because it seems everybody wants to make a fuss and do things I'd rather not do, and I don't like other birthdays because I'm shit at present-buying and such. I'd enjoy it if I could just sit at home and eat a bit of cake and let that be that.

You'll probably have me as corrupt as you before it's all said and done with. Who knows, maybe by the end of this year, if I'm becoming this warped already. :lol:

:hmm: When I was younger, my brother and I used to have some model trains and cars. I suppose that'd work, wouldn't it? :wink:

:laugh: Though there's a few points on the test that you can't lose. You weren't around for the Kunstmuseum, and you can't be 45ed any more, though you could be 15ed.

Oooh, yes, especially if it's the scale I model in, HO scale. :drool:

ETA: (cause I'm tired and grumpy) You guys talk too much.

:lol: We do.

But at least you and Serena rocking up has really livened up these threads at this time of day. Often it'd be really quiet, with the Aussie crowd gone for the night but most of the Americans not yet here.

For me, if I do nap, it rarely breaks an hour. It's just such a futile, pointless exercise. This evening, I was thinking "just stay awake, just stay awake!" but nooo. Now I feel myself waking up in a big way. Ah well!

Heh, I was one of the founding members of this place and I still haven't learnt self-control, despite whatever illusions my four day hiatus last month may seem to present.

I don't like my own birthday because it seems everybody wants to make a fuss and do things I'd rather not do, and I don't like other birthdays because I'm shit at present-buying and such. I'd enjoy it if I could just sit at home and eat a bit of cake and let that be that.
Mine never do either unless I didn't get much sleep at all or I am sick. Which is usually in either case, when I wind up waking overly roasted. Napping is just made of fail. :down: I prefer to soldier on until it's bedtime!

Guess that's a sign I won't be learning any time soon. I'm surprised I was able to stay away for a thread. I did happen to check out the thread last night but then I willed myself not to post because I had things to do and I couldn't chance getting sucked in. It was hard not to though! :lol:

My birthdays are never like that. Nobody really makes a big deal out of them, which I guess is why I happen to like them a bit more than one probably should. Last year, all I did was go out to the record store to retrieve my copy of U2 Go Home, got some teriyaki chicken, went home and watched it while eating some of my favourite food. And that was that. I prefer cheesecake though, over any. :drool:

But at least you and Serena rocking up has really livened up these threads at this time of day. Often it'd be really quiet, with the Aussie crowd gone for the night but most of the Americans not yet here.
This is true. Although this place is as addictive as hell.

:laugh: Though there's a few points on the test that you can't lose. You weren't around for the Kunstmuseum, and you can't be 45ed any more, though you could be 15ed.

Oooh, yes, especially if it's the scale I model in, HO scale. :drool:

Yeah, those I can't. But that doesn't mean I can't get nearly as warped as the rest of you lot. :lol:
I still have yet to drunk posting, drunk posting encouraged by the superthread and I think it's a given I'll pass out during it because it wouldn't be the first time I've passed out while (trying to) use the computer past a certain point of inebriation. :lol:

I don't really know much about them, 'cause my brother messed with those kinds of things more than I did, but maybe a model train and some pics for you to hang up or something would work. :D

45ed? 15ed? Aw, fuck it I don't care.

Captain Obvious says: She gets grouchy when she's tired.

Glad I could help.
I tend to wanna get up early anyway so I've got time to lounge before I have to actually get up to do anything, so I figure why not waste some time on here! :wink:

This is true. Although this place is as addictive as hell.
Tell me about it. I've put off breakfast two mornings in a row for the later morning instead because I couldn't stop posting. :shifty:
And I had to avoid the entire last thread (which wasn't intentional to miss the WHOLE thing) so I could actually get some straightening up done. :lol:

Mine never do either unless I didn't get much sleep at all or I am sick. Which is usually in either case, when I wind up waking overly roasted. Napping is just made of fail. :down: I prefer to soldier on until it's bedtime!

Guess that's a sign I won't be learning any time soon. I'm surprised I was able to stay away for a thread. I did happen to check out the thread last night but then I willed myself not to post because I had things to do and I couldn't chance getting sucked in. It was hard not to though! :lol:

My birthdays are never like that. Nobody really makes a big deal out of them, which I guess is why I happen to like them a bit more than one probably should. Last year, all I did was go out to the record store to retrieve my copy of U2 Go Home, got some teriyaki chicken, went home and watched it while eating some of my favourite food. And that was that. I prefer cheesecake though, over any. :drool:

Pushing through to bedtime rather than napping also means a more solid, sound sleep, at least in my experience.

:laugh: At least the place was chugging along, we still managed to make it to a new thread despite your non-appearance. And I did manage to have a somewhat productive afternoon too! I am learning to integrate the thread into daily activities rather than fully staying away. So I got dishes done, washed and hung up the laundry, and cleaned the toilet. I feel pleased. Now ... lots more to go.

I suppose I have quiet birthdays compared to most, but I don't like the expectation that I'll do a family dinner and shit like that. I rarely enjoy them. My 21st was a happy exception. But normally ... if I could just sit there eating cake and listening to music, I wouldn't complain!

45ed? 15ed? Aw, fuck it I don't care.

Captain Obvious says: She gets grouchy when she's tired.

:lol:

It's to do with how the forum limits how many times you can post. Prior to the upgrade, normal members could only post once every 45 seconds and premiums could post once every 15 seconds. Now, everybody's on the 15 second limit. On our quicker threads, being "45ed", i.e. getting the rate limiting error message, was fairly common. 15ed is rarer. I've only been 15ed twice.

I have a half funny/ half gross story about my 22nd birthday, but it may be construed as oversharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom