Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:43 PM
YOUR VOTE: Ouzo, mezcal or sherry?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #257
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
The best thing about the pre-JT Bono (appearance wise) is that it seemed virtually impossible for anyone to seriously find him attractive. He really did look very silly, indeed. It is bad for someone to resort to the appearance of an American (albeit not an actual American, rather a skewed and presumptuous view of one).

Well, that's true. My granny keeps sherry, but my granny is seriously awesome and badass, so I don't care. Even for an eighty-something widow, she's quicker witted and funnier than basically anyone my age. I hope she lasts a long while yet. So see, I don't think there's much wrong with sherry because of her.
Haha, I've love to have seen a 1985 equivalent of PLEBA. Especially when Bono came out with the dead skunk look. And to think Ali Hewson went along with this! And yeah, I love how stereotypical some of Bono's JT era clothing is.

Ah, that's awesome. See, I just think of those old ladies who go to the local RSL or racing club and get sloshed, waste money on the pokies, then fall into a taxi to get home and make suss passes at a driver who doesn't speak English.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #258
Vocal parasite

Quote:
YOUR VOTE: Ouzo, mezcal or sherry?
Ouzo. It's Greektastic. You're Greektastic. It's meant to be!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 AM
How we all doin' today?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ouzo. It's Greektastic. You're Greektastic. It's meant to be!
Aha, alright, no worries. I need to polish off this bottle too, anyway.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Fuck, I just hit my head really hard on the door.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #262
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
How we all doin' today?
We're drinking. :fuckyeah:

I'm very tired. Not so sure tiredness and booze are a good combo but it makes me think what I'm writing is funny. Not this post specifically. But stuff in general.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Haha, I've love to have seen a 1985 equivalent of PLEBA. Especially when Bono came out with the dead skunk look. And to think Ali Hewson went along with this! And yeah, I love how stereotypical some of Bono's JT era clothing is.

Ah, that's awesome. See, I just think of those old ladies who go to the local RSL or racing club and get sloshed, waste money on the pokies, then fall into a taxi to get home and make suss passes at a driver who doesn't speak English.
That would have been hilarious. That's one version of Pleba that I think most people would get a kick out of seeing, actually. At least Ali wouldn't have had to really worry about groupies, I suppose. As for the JT thing, well basically everything about JT except for the music (bar the Daltons) would have probably offended me if I were American. It seemed very patronising and dumb. I think that's sort of the beginning of the end for U2, as far as I'm concerned, even if they were still making and performing good music a bit longer.

Ahaha, yeah you said something about that before. It's pretty much right, certainly one of the types of grannies. I can definitely see my granny yelling to a taxi driver after a few, but she would still be hilarious.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #264
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:13 AM
hey peeps. it's my friday :fuckyeah:
Old 07-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
hey peeps. it's my friday :fuckyeah:
Khangaaaah!!

:fucksuperyeah: !
Old 07-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #266
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That would have been hilarious. That's one version of Pleba that I think most people would get a kick out of seeing, actually. At least Ali wouldn't have had to really worry about groupies, I suppose. As for the JT thing, well basically everything about JT except for the music (bar the Daltons) would have probably offended me if I were American. It seemed very patronising and dumb. I think that's sort of the beginning of the end for U2, as far as I'm concerned, even if they were still making and performing good music a bit longer.

Ahaha, yeah you said something about that before. It's pretty much right, certainly one of the types of grannies. I can definitely see my granny yelling to a taxi driver after a few, but she would still be hilarious.
Then again, what's worrying is that was kinda cool back then, wasn't it? So you'd get people in PLEBA fawning over it, then in 2008 looking back on it and wondering what the fuck they were on. I wonder if Bono ever looks back and wonders what the fuck HE was on. Then again, he needs to take a good, hard look at himself right now too. I do appreciate that at least in the eighties, Bono was earnest, even in his mistakes. Now, it's so fucking scripted and calculated.

Yeah, I think it was when I was coming home from FAR's one night and these sloshed grannies got on the bus and when the driver told one to sit down, she told him that he sounded like her ex-husband.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #267
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Khangaaaah!!

:fucksuperyeah: !
bonnie!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #268
Vocal parasite

Hey look, some Canadian roads!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Quote:
We're drinking. :fuckyeah:

I'm very tired. Not so sure tiredness and booze are a good combo but it makes me think what I'm writing is funny. Not this post specifically. But stuff in general.
Ah, drunk posts coming up then?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #270
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

omg, this person's last name is crunk!

Tags
superthread