Dick Vitale appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ILLINOIS #1 ILLINOIS #1

I think the man's an idiot. He was the only "expert" to not put Illinois in his top 10 in the preseason. He's halways hatin' on Illinois. Well what's up now Dickie V??? What's up now????

Hehe..I'm kidding...he's entertaining...
Just mad at him about a couple things.

But anyway, he better not be confused on what team is the best right now. GO FIGHTING ILLINI!!!!

i like to put the game on mute if dick is the commentator for it

but thats just me

Dickie V is a major reason I like college hoops. I started watching during the Laettner/Hurley/Hill era at Duke, and I loved his enthusiasm. He made me laugh, especially when he'd comment on Bobby Hurley's obvious dislike of some of the action--"Oh, Bobby, stop whining!"

Once he was in the broadcasting booth during a local Yankees game I was watching with my parents. My father was like, "Who's this jerk?" and my mom was, "I like him! I like his enthusiasm!" I never could quite understand why ESPN didn't put him on some baseball broadcasts, especially during the golden era when they broadcast something like 5 games a week.
This thread reminds me that I have to watch more college basketball!

I grew up in Michigan and had the experience of watching Dickie V work a number of games the Fab Five played. Hoo boy.

Anirban said:

I think the man's an idiot. He was the only "expert" to not put Illinois in his top 10 in the preseason.

he was too busy sweating Duke. The way he kisses Duke and coach mike's ass is incredible. He does it with all of the ACC, but with Duke it's a whole other level. Outside that, I think he's good for the game and I love to hear him when I'm watching hoops.

Back
Top Bottom