Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I first heard this album when I was 12. It scared the living shit out of me. :lol:

Mother :drool:
Goodbye Blue Sky :drool:
Hey You :drool:
Comfortably Numb :drool:

I have to re-apply all the info.

For some reason The Thin Ice refuses to move into its slot at track two, despite me trying everything to match the information of each correctly.

Argh, I've to leave for work at 4, no way I can listen to this whole thing in that time.

IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?

LemonMelon said:
IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?

:lmao:

I said the EXACT same thing to my kids last night!! :yikes:

There's no way I would ever want to listen to this album all the way through anyway. It's one disc at a time at best.

LemonMelon said:
There's no way I would ever want to listen to this album all the way through anyway. It's one disc at a time at best.

I'm going to do it tonight when I return.

Well, after the brilliance of Part 1, I was let down by the second half of Screwtape's list. I'm not a fan of a lot of that material, and while it was cohesive, it was at times boring, I'm afraid.

It did finish strongly with In Your Eyes, though.

Also, Screwtape, I would've went with the first part of Shine On instead of this best of version. I think that would have been awesome leading into the PT track. It still works, but not as well. Just an observation...

Last edited:
Running Diary: The Wall

After the first few tracks, I've noticed that the production of the album is markedly different from the first three albums I listened to. The vocals sound much different, and the drums also sound different.

The first track is quite powerful, if not a bit messy. The second one is kind of odd due to its vocal presentation.

Another Brick in the Wall (Part I) is a nice, easy track, a nice contrast to the pace of the first two.

we have this game that's called assassins whereby you have a target and grab their ass with two hands to kill them. but my target decided, despite being faster than me and bigger than me and male, that he would fight rather than flight, and tackled me by a lamppost, which my leg was slammed into. it's very swollen and painful and i have a huge abrasion :up:

my friends talked me out of sending him an email saying "it takes a real man to tackle a girl rather than run away" or something like that

one friend: that's beyond passive aggressive
me: if i'm gonna go there, you know i don't do the passive part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom