Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to google "Philly accent" to see if there's things I didn't really know well about my accent. And there is!

The "a" sound is often pronounce "eah" like "yeah." For example: bad. We pronounce it beahd. Didn't even notice that till I read it.

LemonMelon said:

:laugh: That's my favorite. Great work.

I love Grim And Frostbitten Gay Bar, but that title may make more sense if you know a bit about black metal culture, specifically that one member of Emperor murdered a gay man.

Emperor incidentally gave us track titles such as:
- The Warriors of Modern Death
- Curse You All Men
- Ensorcelled by Khaos
- The Loss and Curse of Reverence

LemonMelon said:
Outside of a few tweaks I may do, here's Larry's playlist in its entirety:

picturebg8.jpg

I'd love to know how far it would genuinely go. :laugh:

And what about the song credited to another band that's actually a new U2 song?

phillyfan26 said:
I decided to google "Philly accent" to see if there's things I didn't really know well about my accent. And there is!

The "a" sound is often pronounce "eah" like "yeah." For example: bad. We pronounce it beahd. Didn't even notice that till I read it.

yeah you people sound like reteahrds.

i think this asshole may have just broken my leg.

Shut the fuck up, Vazza. Why don't you go pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd or something you fuckin' New Englander.

Axver said:

I'd love to know how far it would genuinely go. :laugh:

And what about the song credited to another band that's actually a new U2 song?

That, and "The Original Wrapper" by Lou Reed I want to fit in there somewhere. May have to move some around...

LemonMelon said:

That, and "The Original Wrapper" by Lou Reed I want to fit in there somewhere. May have to move some around...

What are you going to call the band supposedly playing the new U2 song? Feedback? :wink:

Axver said:

What are you going to call the band supposedly playing the new U2 song? Feedback? :wink:

I can come up with something better. Just don't know what that is yet.

The flow is actually bearable for the first few songs. I need to do something about that.

LemonMelon said:

I can come up with something better. Just don't know what that is yet.

The flow is actually bearable for the first few songs. I need to do something about that.

I don't doubt you can!

Put the Dropkick Murphys song before October or something.

Axver said:

I don't doubt you can!

Put the Dropkick Murphys song before October or something.

One fun little thing about the list that only a few will notice is that it mocks the folks who use the same singer over and over in their lists. In this case, it's Lou Reed. Three times. And he can just barely sing.

Bah, I wish Ian were around to appreciate the hilarity of the commentary on Cricinfo right now.

Oh well, I'm sharing it anyway! :madspit:

End of over 12 (12 runs) - Delhi Daredevils 112/1 (31 runs required from 48 balls, RR: 9.33, RRR: 3.87)
[...]
V Sehwag 64* (35b 7x4 3x6) [...]

12.1 Symonds to Sehwag, FOUR, hooooooooooo! Sehwag wants to fly out of Hyderabad as soon as possible, again clearing the front leg and slamming Symonds over extra cover
12.2 Symonds to Sehwag, SIX, flat six, as Sehwag just picks the length up and carries through with a pull over square leg, lovely stuff
12.3 Symonds to Sehwag, FOUR, banged in short, he gets up on one leg and rolls the wrists, pulling into the ground behind square leg and the sweeper running around, Ojha, dives and lets the ball go away
12.4 Symonds to Sehwag, SIX, good grief, now he's smashed him over cover! Sehwag is on a roll, just stepping aside and carving the ball for another flat six
12.5 Symonds to Sehwag, FOUR, oh this is like X-box cricket! Four more, pulled over midwicket, what an over!
12.6 Symonds to Sehwag, SIX, bye bye! Sehwag is unstoppable, just standing his ground and sending Symonds rows back over long-on, and thats a 30-run over which reads like someone's cell number ... 4 6 4 6 4 6 ... and the scores are tied!

End of over 13 (30 runs) - Delhi Daredevils 142/1 (1 run required from 42 balls, RR: 10.92, RRR: 0.14)
V Sehwag 94* (41b 10x4 6x6)

GOOD FUCKING NON-EXISTENT GOD THAT WAS AN AMAZING OVER.

LemonMelon said:

One fun little thing about the list that only a few will notice is that it mocks the folks who use the same singer over and over in their lists. In this case, it's Lou Reed. Three times. And he can just barely sing.

:lol:

What's great about my current DI V tracklist is that although Steven Wilson is there three times, nobody would guess because he only sings on one track!

Assuming things stay as they are, when I submit it I might not even point out what non-Porcupine Tree songs feature him to see if anybody can guess. :laugh:

phillyfan26 said:
When I'm finished my Pink Floyd phase, who should be next?

Shall I get my act together on the Porcupine Tree stuff?

And if you don't wanna send individual tracks, I can take media fire and things like that now.

How many phases can you go through? I`d have to count my fingers and toes to count mine :lol:

Philly,I see your into David Bowie...

phillyfan26 said:
Yes, preferably by albums instead of a starter pack. I'm a big fan of albums.

This suits me better. Besides the fact I believe in albums for context and flow and all that good stuff, it's just easier to compress a folder I already have into RAR and swing it up onto send space or whatever!

Axver said:

:lol:

What's great about my current DI V tracklist is that although Steven Wilson is there three times, nobody would guess because he only sings on one track!

Assuming things stay as they are, when I submit it I might not even point out what non-Porcupine Tree songs feature him to see if anybody can guess. :laugh:

DI5 will be the most fucked up tournament in the history of life. The Fake List, LMP possibly releasing a list with actual flow, Khan's wish to make "the most fucked up list possible", Irishteen joking about a list filled with Smiths/Morrissey-related songs, and now you wish to make a "beautiful" list.

I'm a huge fan of albums. It was quite a costly habit until I discovered the wonderful generosity on this site.

LemonMelon said:

DI5 will be the most fucked up tournament in the history of life. The Fake List, LMP possibly releasing a list with actual flow, Khan's wish to make "the most fucked up list possible", Irishteen joking about a list filled with Smiths/Morrissey-related songs, and now you wish to make a "beautiful" list.

And I'm going to spend (gasp) a lot of time on mine instead of writing it on a piece of paper guessing flow.

LemonMelon said:

Alternatively, I could just make the most inaccessible metal list ever. I have one half-made as a joke, but I don't think I'd ever want to submit it.

Plus this beautiful one is really starting to come together.

If I figure out how to fix this MP3 converter that LMP sent me, I'm going to upload some Frusciante for you guys.

Axver said:

Alternatively, I could just make the most inaccessible metal list ever.

:laugh: That sounds awesome. If the tide does turn and the tournament becomes absolutely ridiculous, you should do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom