Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ElMel, do you still want help with some lyrics fer yer very long songs?

(Edited for accent.)

the tourist said:

Sorry, I meant three words: Pretentious Bullshit Wank.

I'm going to actually have to take the time and listen to this/keep a running diary now.

phillyfan26 said:

(Edited for accent.)

Sure, why not? I have 35+ minutes each to fill, after all.

phillyfan26 said:

(Edited for accent.)

Maybe a different person should contribute to each of the four songs to more fully distinguish the four bands to avoid any pedantic rules arguments? :wink:

phanan said:
So, have I missed anything around here?

Screwtape and Axver interpret Axver's DI rule write-up quite differently from each other.

Also, I'm typing in my Philly accent thanks to Axver using his Kiwi accent typin' last night. Notice the few changes.

LemonMelon said:

Wings--->St. ANGER--->Ace Of Base FTMFW

I fit Eminem in there too.

Ah, so it was Larry's fault that Bono snippeted The Real Slim Shady that time in 2001!

Axver said:
Maybe a different person should contribute to each of the four songs to more fully distinguish the four bands to avoid any pedantic rules arguments? :wink:

I can contribute any number of lyrics. I'm a songwriter after all.

Recording myself for this thing will be much more diffuhcult. My recordin' equipment is total shit if you haven't heard already heard my Interfers contributions.

phillyfan26 said:

Screwtape and Axver interpret Axver's DI rule write-up quite differently from each other.

Also, I'm typing in my Philly accent thanks to Axver using his Kiwi accent typin' last night. Notice the few changes.

I guess I'll have to do some reading over lunch, then. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

I can contribute any number of lyrics. I'm a songwriter after all.

And I write a fair bit myself. Mainly prose, admittedly, but I wish I had a band to write lyrics for. Since I have something of a lyrical fascination with apocalyptic imagery, maybe I should help out on that death metal track. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
By the way, in U2 by U2, Larry was a HUGE fan of The Iggles.

I initially read this as The Wiggles and wasn't all too shocked.

I used to write tons of songs/lyrics. I've cooled off on it, though, since I'm not a singer anymore.

Axver said:

And I write a fair bit myself. Mainly prose, admittedly, but I wish I had a band to write lyrics for. Since I have something of a lyrical fascination with apocalyptic imagery, maybe I should help out on that death metal track. :wink:

Only if you're willing to mock yourself for several minutes.

I've already written a verse involving maggots eating the sun, but I'm open to help.

LemonMelon said:

Only if you're willing to mock yourself for several minutes.

I've already written a verse involving maggots eating the sun, but I'm open to help.

:lol: Yeah, I was going to say maybe it'd be just a little strange if the person being satirised contributed.

I could always dig up ridiculous death metal song titles to inspire you. :wink:

Axver said:

:lol: Yeah, I was going to say maybe it'd be just a little strange if the person being satirised contributed.

I could always dig up ridiculous death metal song titles to inspire you. :wink:

I'd like that. :up:

Pain in my skull is emanating
Sanity disintegrating
Sickened mothballs eat away
Demonic forces love decay

St. Anger is traumatizing me. God, this is terrible. But that makes it a better fit for Larry's list, I guess.

LemonMelon said:

I'd like that. :up:

Pain in my skull is emanating
Sanity disintegrating
Sickened mothballs eat away
Demonic forces love decay

Yeah, that sounds deathy. Here's some metal titles for you. Some are by bands I like, some aren't:

- Cut Their Grain And Place Fire Therein
- Researchers Of Tortures
- Behold The Vastness And Sorrow
- She Painted Fire Across The Skyline
- May Your God Deny You
- Storming Through Red Clouds And Holocaust Winds
- PURE FUCKIN' ARMAGEDDON

Though some of the best come from black metal parody band Impaled Northern Moonforest:

- Gazing at The Blasphemous Moon While Perched Atop a Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Forsaken Crest of The Northern Mountain
- Masturbating on the Unholy Inverted Tracks of the Grim & Frostbitten Necrobobsledders
- Summoning the Unholy Frozen Winterdemons to the Grimmest and Most Frostbitten Inverted Forest of Abazagorath
- Grim and Frostbitten Gay Bar

LemonMelon said:
St. Anger is traumatizing me. God, this is terrible. But that makes it a better fit for Larry's list, I guess.

Outside of The Unforgiven II, Reload was so shockingly bad that I won't subject myself to anything more recent than that.

And frankly I don't think Metallica's made much worthwhile at all, even in their supposed heyday.

Outside of a few tweaks I may do, here's Larry's playlist in its entirety:

picturebg8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom