Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #526
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Yeah, I've got all those. I wasn't sure how much you meant by "all" though. But I think you've sent me all the rarities collections now? So I should have all the songs they've made.

And no, never listened to Big Canoe.
ahh okay, so i sent you oddz and enz and rear enz as well? so you've got all the studio stuff i have at least, although i also have three live albums i never listen to

aww you should! i love it, but you'll hate it. it's very 80s. and phil plays guitar!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #527
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

awww booo! i like tim's voice. i like neil's too of course. i dunno. i could never rank any of the enz vocalists, or even the two finn brothers in order of preference. it's all awesomeness.
Tim's hasn't aged very well, if you ask me. I've no problem with him in the Enz days, but now? It's not that good. Neil, on the other hand, has one of the best voices I've ever heard. I definitely rank Neil as the more talented brother - better voice, better songwriter.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #528
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

you have the album so there's really no sense in me linking this to you but here's the clip for spiritual hunger, off big canoe:
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #529
Vocal parasite

Wow, I really had no idea Phil had appeared on Tim's solo stuff. That's cool.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #530
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Tim's hasn't aged very well, if you ask me. I've no problem with him in the Enz days, but now? It's not that good. Neil, on the other hand, has one of the best voices I've ever heard. I definitely rank Neil as the more talented brother - better voice, better songwriter.
yeah, his voice has seen better days, since he didn't take good care of it for a while. although when i saw him live this february, it's definitely shown some signs of improvement. he's definitely lost some of his range, so there's songs he won't ever be able to sing again unless he changes the key or something (which i doubt is possible since he has a rather high voice), but he's got such a broad repertoire you don't miss it, really. and i can't wait for his new album
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #531
The Male

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:

I love how happy and content you look on that that tram. Very appropriate.

Now.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #532
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Wow, I really had no idea Phil had appeared on Tim's solo stuff. That's cool.
yeah, he only did in that one album.

phil and tim WERE working together again last year (or the year before?) on an album with...eddie rayner and miles golding (early violinist for the enz) but tim got the green light for another solo album so he dropped the project. it pissed phil off and he's said he doubt he'd ever work with tim again i don't blame him for saying that, but it's a bummer. i'd love to hear what his contributions would sound like on this album
Old 04-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #533
Vocal parasite

Quote:

ahh okay, so i sent you oddz and enz and rear enz as well? so you've got all the studio stuff i have at least, although i also have three live albums i never listen to
Yeah, you've sent me both of those ... not that I've played them yet.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 AM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

I like the jacket too.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #535
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

The best part for me? It's a Fiducia type of tram from Wellington's former network. Fiducias are easily my favourite tram ever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 AM   #536
Vocal parasite

Quote:
you have the album so there's really no sense in me linking this to you but here's the clip for spiritual hunger, off big canoe:
GOOD NON-EXISTENT LORD THIS IS BAD.

The backing vocals make me cringe.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #537
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, you've sent me both of those ... not that I've played them yet.
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG listen to them!!!!!!

LISTEN TO NIGHTMARE STAMPEEEEEEDE

i requested it when i saw tim in february and he asked who said that! for some reason, i consider that my shining tim moment, over meeting him last may

ohhh and rear enz is an awesome album. mr. catalyst is interesting because that song became spiritual hunger.

OH OH OH and on rear enz, love and success AND your inspiration merged to become i walk away. and bits from your inspiration ALSO became part of can't carry on. it's hard to keep this straight with other music playing

and on oddz and enz, the original version of things is on there, if you want to compare it to the remixed/remastered version on true colours. and two of a kind

i prefer rear enz, only because there's so much live stuff on oddz and enz which kinda bums me out. at least it's good live stuff like reefer cabaret and other legendary gigs i've heard about.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #538
Vocal parasite

Quote:
phil and tim WERE working together again last year (or the year before?) on an album with...eddie rayner and miles golding (early violinist for the enz) but tim got the green light for another solo album so he dropped the project. it pissed phil off and he's said he doubt he'd ever work with tim again i don't blame him for saying that, but it's a bummer. i'd love to hear what his contributions would sound like on this album
OH WHAT. Tim, that's just daft. That would've been so cool if they'd done it. I didn't even know Phil was still making music.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #539
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
GOOD NON-EXISTENT LORD THIS IS BAD.

The backing vocals make me cringe.
awww i love that song!

the backing vocals are...cheesetastic and very 80s...but i can't help that i like that song. even if tim looks like a pedophile in the beginning chasing the little girl
Old 04-23-2008, 01:21 AM   #540
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
OH WHAT. Tim, that's just daft. That would've been so cool if they'd done it. I didn't even know Phil was still making music.
YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT NOVELTY ACT??!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?

Tags
superthread