Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamOutLoud13 said:
I've got my forthcoming 7000th post all worked out :hyper:

It'll be in this thread... and it'll be a little lame :shifty:

I feel like I should start thinking about my 50,000th post already ...

Looking forward to your 7,000th. :yes:

I have two options:

1. Go to bed soon and have a reasonably productive day tomorrow.
2. Stay up and watch the cricket and fuck up any chance of productivity tomorrow.

#2 sounds like a winner.

I've recently broken the habit of staying up all night and then attempting to stay up during the day. It always led to massive crankiness, misery, and often tears by the end of the day. It's just generally a bad idea.

I like my habit of going to bed around 2am. Lately, though, I've been staying up past 3am and that hasn't been good, as I don't like waking up at midday. I feel like I've wasted the day if I miss the whole morning.

Commentator on TV: "on appearance, it gives the appearance ..."

The Department of Redundancy Department approves.

I don't sleep well in general (lots of turning about and waking up in the night) so as a result, I tend to sleep longer to make up for it.

So basically, if I'm not asleep BY 2 AM at the latest, I'm screwed for the morning. This becomes difficult considering my favourite late night show (Conan O'Brien :love: ) doesn't end until 12:35 AM, and it's so awesome that it gets me all awake.

7000 is the next post! :hyper:

I used to sleep like a fucking log. I've slept through earthquakes, Queensland storms, and all that stuff. Nowadays, though, I tune out sounds I expect but wake up to even the most inconsequential unexpected sounds. It's irritating. :down:

7000:

Like Australia needs rain
Like a town needs a dirty name
I need this thread

Like a chatter needs a room
Hawkmoon
I need this thread

I need this thread

Like innuendo unspoken
Like postcounts so high
Like pretentious music
Like DI
I need this thread

Like logging on
And you don't know where you've been
Like drunk posting
Like caffeine
I need this thread, I need this thread
Oo-hoo, I need this thread, I need this thread

When the night has no end
And the day yet to begin
As the globe spins around
I need this thread

I need this thread

Like an airplane rising needs Ian to see
Like U2 fans always need to disagree

Like Alisaura needs rocks
Like a reject needs a box
Like Axver needs trams
Like picspams
Need this thread, I need this thread

I need this thread, oh yes / I need this thread

And the day yet to begin
I need this thread

I need this thread

I decided to stop there. The rest of the song is impossible, as Bono already used every word in the English language that rhymes with 'rain'.

Axver said:
I used to sleep like a fucking log. I've slept through earthquakes, Queensland storms, and all that stuff. Nowadays, though, I tune out sounds I expect but wake up to even the most inconsequential unexpected sounds. It's irritating. :down:
I sleep with a noisy fan on to block out noise. I've grown so accustomed to the noise of the fan that if someone turns it off, I'll wake up immediately.

That said, I'm a very light sleeper. When I had my bed in front of the window, a bird singing in the tree outside woke me up. And this was with the fan on. Without it, every car passing by outside would probably wake me up.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I sleep with a noisy fan on to block out noise. I've grown so accustomed to the noise of the fan that if someone turns it off, I'll wake up immediately.

That said, I'm a very light sleeper. When I had my bed in front of the window, a bird singing in the tree outside woke me up. And this was with the fan on. Without it, every car passing by outside would probably wake me up.

I know what you mean. In Queensland, I slept with a fan on almost all year round, and every time we had a power cut in the middle of the night, I would wake up straight away and take forever to get back to sleep.

Nowadays, I find I need the fan more for comfort than covering noise. I only sleep well if outside my bed is cold. Summer is made of fail. Right now, I still have my fan on most nights just so that it seems warmer in my bed.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:lol: Thanks. I didn't know what to do for 7000, and songparodies occurred to me. Dunno what made me think of Hawkmoon 269, but it worked :)

It was a good idea! I love parodies along those lines. I think I still have some that NSW did during the setlist parties.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
7000:

Like Australia needs rain
Like a town needs a dirty name
I need this thread

Like a chatter needs a room
Hawkmoon
I need this thread

I need this thread

Like innuendo unspoken
Like postcounts so high
Like pretentious music
Like DI
I need this thread

Like logging on
And you don't know where you've been
Like drunk posting
Like caffeine
Oo-hoo, I need this thread, I need this thread

And the day yet to begin
I need this thread

I need this thread

Like an airplane rising needs Ian to see
Like U2 fans always need to disagree

Like Alisaura needs rocks
Like a reject needs a box
Like Axver needs trams
Like picspams
Need this thread, I need this thread

I need this thread, oh yes / I need this thread

And the day yet to begin
I need this thread

I need this thread

I decided to stop there. The rest of the song is impossible, as Bono already used every word in the English language that rhymes with 'rain'.

:bows: fucking brilliant. and i'm glad my drunk posting antics got a mention

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Hey, I wasn't calling her a reject :tongue: I mentioned her rocks, and the :reject: box just fit.

Psh, the tram and picspam part went together, you're just trying to dodge the truth ... :tsk: :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:lmao:

LemonMelon said:
Larry's username on interference:

West4Life

And I hope Chass gets the context of "is that allowed?", as I don't think she was actually around for what happened earlier ...

Axver said:

And I hope Chass gets the context of "is that allowed?", as I don't think she was actually around for what happened earlier ...

Googling "West4Life" brings the lulz.

Do you want to explain the context or should I?

Afternoon.

In my partying ways last night, I missed posting the new Bowie Survivor poll.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I wasn't...

This is in reply to LM's fake DI V list.

Originally posted by Screwtape over a number of posts
Easy there. You won't actually compete with it. It will be a funny joke but you can't use it for real.
[...]
The artists aren't real though. I will oppose this.
[...]
Well you are wrong. I will not let LemonMelon's entry compete. Last time I checked Phanan and I were running it not you. When that happened the rules became a matter of what we believed them to mean. It is up to Phanan and I. Not you.
[...]
I'm not letting you compete. It can be a joke but it will go no further.

I then owned him: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5111567#post5111567
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5111580#post5111580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom