Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Ha, we were actually going to go to Centreville for some reason, I forget what now, but never got around to it. (That sounds familiar, doesn't it? Blaaahhh. I should've stayed with somebody who could get their act together. :mad: )
minnie pearl?

and yes, you should've! if my mom hadn't been working like round the clock or something back then, and time machines existed so we could go back, i'd say you could've just come to memphis instead.

By the way, Ax, the Ghostland Observatory song may be a bit out of place at the end of the Shoes section, but I thought it was a somewhat decent bridge between shoes and soda.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah. Tighten up the piano and it's great; it went off the rhythm a couple of times.

Well, I'd only played piano the week before recording that, and that's the only time I've ever played. :shrug:

the tourist said:

Glad you liked the Metropolis song--I'm surprised. It's a love song. I didn't realise you were fond of such things. :wink:

:lol: Hey, I listen to Crowded House. Almost every single song they've ever written is about love and sex somehow!

Rewind didn't get much better and Band Marches On was my least favourite so far. It was really unappealling.

Onto When You Were Young. I really don't see the U2 comparison. I mean, you've got that synth in the chorus that sounds absolutely nothing like anything U2's ever done. I suppose the guitar around 1:40 is kinda U2-ish though ...

the tourist said:
Thanks. And who killed the thread? Was it me? :reject:
no, it was this guy:
farted.jpg

Axver said:

:lol: Hey, I listen to Crowded House. Almost every single song they've ever written is about love and sex somehow!

Rewind didn't get much better and Band Marches On was my least favourite so far. It was really unappealling.

Onto When You Were Young. I really don't see the U2 comparison. I mean, you've got that synth in the chorus that sounds absolutely nothing like anything U2's ever done. I suppose the guitar around 1:40 is kinda U2-ish though ...

A-ha! You see? You're starting to see it. :wink:

I knew Band Marches On would be your least favourite. I figure, actually, that you will really hate this second as a whole.

KhanadaRhodes said:

minnie pearl?

and yes, you should've! if my mom hadn't been working like round the clock or something back then, and time machines existed so we could go back, i'd say you could've just come to memphis instead.

What now?

:lol: What really pisses me off is we had a number of ideas of things to go and places to visit, but almost none of them happened. Some for good reasons. Too many due to a lack of initiative, the Memphis trip being the most glaring example. That pissed me off a lot.

Loudermilk's not very good, mainly due to the vocalist.

Plus, what a dumb band name.

Axver said:
What now?

:lol: What really pisses me off is we had a number of ideas of things to go and places to visit, but almost none of them happened. Some for good reasons. Too many due to a lack of initiative, the Memphis trip being the most glaring example. That pissed me off a lot.
she was a comedienne :tsk: there's a bronze statue of her at the old grand ole opry (lol that sounds funny) which is now called the ryman auditorium. which is where i saw crowded house :drool:

awww, that sucks. i hate when shit like that happens. the only time that's happened to me on a trip is when i went to new orleans. a friend of mine tagged along (the promiscuous gay friend of mine) who has the most boring, bland taste buds ever. literally all he likes is chicken. flavourless chicken, like either chicken strips or plain grilled chicken. and i wanted to eat all this authentic cajun and creole food cuz i love it, and i wanted alligator, also because i love it. i didn't get to eat at any of those types of places because of his pickiness :grumpy:

Axver said:
Loudermilk's not very good, mainly due to the vocalist.

Plus, what a dumb band name.

The album that's from was my favourite album from about 2003-2006. That song is their poppiest song by far. And Davey (the singer, whom I am friends with) was really going for a Rolling Stones vocal on that song.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:tsk: Axver was too busy hiding out in the back of a model train and clicking his ruby red shoes together to have any fun in Tennessee.

the tourist said:

The album that's from was my favourite album from about 2003-2006. That song is their poppiest song by far. And Davey (the singer, whom I am friends with) was really going for a Rolling Stones vocal on that song.

Oh, well, I really dislike the Rolling Stones. I love how one Dunedin band cheekily named themselves The Stones though!

Untouchable was alright, kinda catchy but also I think it's mixed too loud and that bugged me.

LemonMelon said:

:tsk: Axver was too busy hiding out in the back of a model train and clicking his ruby red shoes together to have any fun in Tennessee.

:lol: There was some really fucking cool train stuff in Chattanooga ...

Chattanooga itself didn't seem like that great a city, but the railway aspect rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom