Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenBlue said:
I was born short.

It's great for blending in. But makes it a bit more difficult to stand out.
do what i do, dye your hair like this:
img1046os9.jpg

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know :reject:

this is what i own, finn-wise:

all split enz albums
all crowded house albums
all tim finn solo albums
neil finn's try whistling this

and that's it. all i'm missing is one all/one nil, and two finn brothers albums, but i'm poooooor.

For me:
- All? Split Enz albums (Everything I have, you've sent me. You'd be amazed how hard it is to find anything non-Spellbound here.)
- All Crowdies albums
- Both Finn Brothers albums
- Try Whistling This by Neil
- Imaginary Kingdom and Big Canoe by Tim

I lack One Nil and most of Tim's solo stuff.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i need to find a pic for everyone on here. andrew ridgeley was a given for andrew, and that was one of the first pics on gis. too bad dr. dre has never taken any silly pics like that. or has he :hmm:

I think I already have "AXVER OR ADAM".

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'll probably get the finn brothers stuff first, since they have tim on them and i like him better.

See, especially on Everyone Is Here, I wish Tim would shut up and just let Neil sing.

Axver said:
For me:
- All? Split Enz albums (Everything I have, you've sent me. You'd be amazed how hard it is to find anything non-Spellbound here.)
- All Crowdies albums
- Both Finn Brothers albums
- Try Whistling This by Neil
- Imaginary Kingdom and Big Canoe by Tim

I lack One Nil and most of Tim's solo stuff.
:hmm: these are the enz albums:
- beginning of the enz
- mental notes
- second thoughts
- dizrythmia
- frenzy
- true colours
- waiata/corroboree
- time and tide
- conflicting emotions
- see ya 'round
- rootin tootin luton tapes

technically there's more, but those are their studio releases, and what is on their box set enz to enz.

:lol: have you ever listened to big canoe? what do you think of it?

Axver said:
See, especially on Everyone Is Here, I wish Tim would shut up and just let Neil sing.
awww booo! i like tim's voice. i like neil's too of course. i dunno. i could never rank any of the enz vocalists, or even the two finn brothers in order of preference. it's all awesomeness.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: these are the enz albums:
- beginning of the enz
- mental notes
- second thoughts
- dizrythmia
- frenzy
- true colours
- waiata/corroboree
- time and tide
- conflicting emotions
- see ya 'round
- rootin tootin luton tapes

technically there's more, but those are their studio releases, and what is on their box set enz to enz.

:lol: have you ever listened to big canoe? what do you think of it?

Yeah, I've got all those. I wasn't sure how much you meant by "all" though. :wink: But I think you've sent me all the rarities collections now? So I should have all the songs they've made.

And no, never listened to Big Canoe.

:hmm: Bright green hair

That'll help me land a job for sure :happy:

My hair is brown with.. brown. :giggle: I've never dyed my hair.

I need to have it cut though. It's getting kinda long again. I've noticed too that it seems to be getting alot thicker. Yeesh.

Axver said:
Yeah, I've got all those. I wasn't sure how much you meant by "all" though. :wink: But I think you've sent me all the rarities collections now? So I should have all the songs they've made.

And no, never listened to Big Canoe.
ahh okay, so i sent you oddz and enz and rear enz as well? so you've got all the studio stuff i have at least, although i also have three live albums i never listen to :lol:

aww you should! i love it, but you'll hate it. it's very 80s. and phil plays guitar! :cute:

KhanadaRhodes said:

awww booo! i like tim's voice. i like neil's too of course. i dunno. i could never rank any of the enz vocalists, or even the two finn brothers in order of preference. it's all awesomeness.

Tim's hasn't aged very well, if you ask me. I've no problem with him in the Enz days, but now? It's not that good. Neil, on the other hand, has one of the best voices I've ever heard. I definitely rank Neil as the more talented brother - better voice, better songwriter.

Wow, I really had no idea Phil had appeared on Tim's solo stuff. That's cool.

Axver said:
Tim's hasn't aged very well, if you ask me. I've no problem with him in the Enz days, but now? It's not that good. Neil, on the other hand, has one of the best voices I've ever heard. I definitely rank Neil as the more talented brother - better voice, better songwriter.
yeah, his voice has seen better days, since he didn't take good care of it for a while. although when i saw him live this february, it's definitely shown some signs of improvement. he's definitely lost some of his range, so there's songs he won't ever be able to sing again unless he changes the key or something (which i doubt is possible since he has a rather high voice), but he's got such a broad repertoire you don't miss it, really. and i can't wait for his new album :heart:

Axver said:
Wow, I really had no idea Phil had appeared on Tim's solo stuff. That's cool.
yeah, he only did in that one album.

phil and tim WERE working together again last year (or the year before?) on an album with...eddie rayner and miles golding (early violinist for the enz) but tim got the green light for another solo album so he dropped the project. it pissed phil off and he's said he doubt he'd ever work with tim again :( i don't blame him for saying that, but it's a bummer. i'd love to hear what his contributions would sound like on this album :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

ahh okay, so i sent you oddz and enz and rear enz as well? so you've got all the studio stuff i have at least, although i also have three live albums i never listen to :lol:

Yeah, you've sent me both of those ... not that I've played them yet. :reject:

LemonMelon said:

:laugh: I love how happy and content you look on that that tram. Very appropriate.

:lol: The best part for me? It's a Fiducia type of tram from Wellington's former network. Fiducias are easily my favourite tram ever.

Axver said:
Yeah, you've sent me both of those ... not that I've played them yet. :reject:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG listen to them!!!!!!

LISTEN TO NIGHTMARE STAMPEEEEEEDE

i requested it when i saw tim in february :lol: and he asked who said that! :cute: for some reason, i consider that my shining tim moment, over meeting him last may :rolleyes:

ohhh and rear enz is an awesome album. mr. catalyst is interesting because that song became spiritual hunger.

OH OH OH and on rear enz, love and success AND your inspiration merged to become i walk away. and bits from your inspiration ALSO became part of can't carry on. it's hard to keep this straight with other music playing :crack:

and on oddz and enz, the original version of things is on there, if you want to compare it to the remixed/remastered version on true colours. and two of a kind :cute:

i prefer rear enz, only because there's so much live stuff on oddz and enz which kinda bums me out. at least it's good live stuff like reefer cabaret and other legendary gigs i've heard about.

KhanadaRhodes said:
phil and tim WERE working together again last year (or the year before?) on an album with...eddie rayner and miles golding (early violinist for the enz) but tim got the green light for another solo album so he dropped the project. it pissed phil off and he's said he doubt he'd ever work with tim again :( i don't blame him for saying that, but it's a bummer. i'd love to hear what his contributions would sound like on this album :hmm:

OH WHAT. Tim, that's just daft. That would've been so cool if they'd done it. I didn't even know Phil was still making music.

Axver said:
GOOD NON-EXISTENT LORD THIS IS BAD.

The backing vocals make me cringe.
awww i love that song! :(

the backing vocals are...cheesetastic and very 80s...but i can't help that i like that song. even if tim looks like a pedophile in the beginning chasing the little girl :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom