Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'm trying to think of something somebody could say to cause my opinion of their literary tastes to plummet further, but ... I've got nothing.

:lol:

I also really like Lord of the Rings, various Michael Crichton, various Chuck Palanhiuk, and a few one-offs like 1984, Brave New World, and The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm not anti-harry potter, i've just never had an interest in the series.

I didn't either. One of my brothers convinced me to read one though.

Just randomly ran across this in my folder:

bandsittingonawall.jpg

Bono's legs are so short :giggle:

RavenBlue said:
The Wil Wheaton forum used to post pictures of boobies. Actual members boobies :der:

It was rather odd.

:shifty:

I uhm.. yea

I was on a wil wheaton forum once

:reject:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the tourist said:

I also really like Lord of the Rings, various Michael Crichton, various Chuck Palanhiuk, and a few one-offs like 1984, Brave New World, and The Perks of Being A Wallflower.
hmmm, the first two sound like my dad :wink: he's got first edition hardbacks of lotr. plus the movies obvs. i've never seen/read any of it. my ex was pissed that i refused to see the movies with him. oh well, he went with my dad :tongue:

i've read like one or two chuck palanhiuk books, and i've read 1984. i'm weird about books. there's so many out there, i never know what to pick, so i just kind of stare like an idiot when i go to the bookstore. i have to ask people who know my tastes for suggestions :lol: but yet, there's probably just as many books out there as albums, and yet i have no problem when it comes to finding new music :shrug: i'm weird, i know.

the tourist said:

I used to be 100% anti-Harry Potter til I actually read one.

Axver's adventures with Harry Potter.

Around the time the second book was released: My father pointed it out to me at the Wellington Airport bookshop since he'd read it was gaining popularity. I took one look at the back cover, said "it's just a stupid children's book and that idea's been done before a million times" and put it back.

Sometime around the fourth book's release: Suddenly it was popular at my school and amongst my friends, so I figured I'd give it a chance. Read books 1-4. They all sucked.

Sometime around the fifth book's release: My friends were really looking forward to it. I wondered if I'd perhaps missed something, so I read the series again. Read books 1-4 and the first 100 pages of book 5. They all still sucked. Never again will I trust my high school friends for book recommendations.

And now some people act like it's the pinnacle of literature. Come on, the characters are paper-thin, the basic idea is derivative and unoriginal to the extreme, and the plot/subplot confusion is rife.

Though what pisses me off is its obnoxious and thoroughly irritating online fandom. They should go collectively leap off a cliff.

KhanadaRhodes said:

hmmm, the first two sound like my dad :wink: he's got first edition hardbacks of lotr. plus the movies obvs. i've never seen/read any of it. my ex was pissed that i refused to see the movies with him. oh well, he went with my dad :tongue:

i've read like one or two chuck palanhiuk books, and i've read 1984. i'm weird about books. there's so many out there, i never know what to pick, so i just kind of stare like an idiot when i go to the bookstore. i have to ask people who know my tastes for suggestions :lol: but yet, there's probably just as many books out there as albums, and yet i have no problem when it comes to finding new music :shrug: i'm weird, i know.

Books take more of a commitment. I would highly recommend to you "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky.

the tourist said:

LOTR, 1984, and Brave New World for the win. :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i don't know why this cracks me up, but it does. i guess because it's so rare that you make a typo :wink:

Wow, you were quick. I thought I'd edited that fast enough.

Welcome to Moobville

Population

You... 2

:eek:

I have to say the smilies at Interference are much better than the ones at the now post Wil Wheaton forum. He didn't want anything to do with it anymore.. yet it lives on.

RavenBlue said:
I have short legs too.

Short short short.

I always thought I was going to be 6"5 when I was younger.

Uhm. Yea. I don't think so!

I was meant to be 6'. Then when I was five and six, I was really ill and all the medicine I had to take stunted my growth. So I'm 5'6-7".

Axver said:

I was meant to be 6'. Then when I was five and six, I was really ill and all the medicine I had to take stunted my growth. So I'm 5'6-7".

I was meant to be 5'6", but then I took this vitamin supliment called "Stretchesyourbody." Now I'm 6'2".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom