Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

I only have a loose understanding of scales, so you have to work with me.

I didn't think you could play a solo without scales, from my understanding. Guess I was wrong.

:shrug: I don't know too much about scales either, but that sounds to me like it's more of a "this sounds good" sorta thing. Like he plays most of it on one or two strings. Anyway, it's nothing like the normal "scale" stuff you'd find. At least I don't think so.

the tourist said:

Looked it up. You were right about the order. But it happened 22 times.

Good God, so it was. I am not awake today.

the tourist said:
:shrug: I don't know too much about scales either, but that sounds to me like it's more of a "this sounds good" sorta thing. Like he plays most of it on one or two strings. Anyway, it's nothing like the normal "scale" stuff you'd find. At least I don't think so.

Considering he plays half the solo on high E and the other half on low E and A ... yeah, that's not your typical solo.

Plus besides tiredness, my mind's a bit elsewhere at the moment. My mother's in hospital today to have some operation done. It's just a routine procedure and she'll be well enough to work tomorrow, but you always hear these horror stories of medical fuck-ups so I'm a bit nervous about it all and waiting for her to call to say it all went well. Probably won't hear anything for a few hours - she woke me up about 2 hours ago to let me know she was about to leave for hospital.

phillyfan26 said:

Considering he plays half the solo on high E and the other half on low E and A ... yeah, that's not your typical solo.

And it's amazingly easy to play.

That reminds me of a couple movies I want to see, actually.... I'm sure she'll be fine, though.

Axver said:
Plus besides tiredness, my mind's a bit elsewhere at the moment. My mother's in hospital today to have some operation done. It's just a routine procedure and she'll be well enough to work tomorrow, but you always hear these horror stories of medical fuck-ups so I'm a bit nervous about it all and waiting for her to call to say it all went well. Probably won't hear anything for a few hours - she woke me up about 2 hours ago to let me know she was about to leave for hospital.

I hope everything works out. :hug:

So with all the conversation about desserts, I thought I'd share what I had for dessert: Strawberries with that blackberry syrup out of the bottle that they make italian sodas with, and then lightly coated in sugar. :drool:

phillyfan26 said:
Picking up on The Wall again ...

Track 25 might be the worst thing ever.

Which is that? The Trial? I can't remember the tracklisting.

Yeah, The Trial.

This whole album just feels like they played to the concept instead of creating the songs first. I didn't like it much.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, The Trial.

This whole album just feels like they played to the concept instead of creating the songs first. I didn't like it much.

I love the Trial.

I think you are right though that the concept took over the songwriting. The Final Cut and Amused To Death are much more thought out albums songwise.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, The Trial.

Precisely my feelings. The music is sacrificed at the altar of Waters' oh so sacred concept.

Axver said:
:hug: i'm sorry, i hope she's okay. it's her pancreatitis, right? hopefully this'll fix it (if that's possible, i know little about it)

i know how you feel, since my dad's in the hospital as well.

Axver said:

Precisely my feelings. The music is sacrificed at the altar of Waters' oh so sacred concept.

What's the deal with the whole Waters-Gilmour thing?

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hug: i'm sorry, i hope she's okay. it's her pancreatitis, right? hopefully this'll fix it (if that's possible, i know little about it)

i know how you feel, since my dad's in the hospital as well.

It's not actually directly related to the pancreatitis, but to something else the doctors found last time she was in hospital. I'm not entirely clear on the details, but it's something to do with internal scar tissue that's creating pressure.

And how's your father doing?

Isn't there some kind of dispute between them? And aren't fans pretty split on them too?

Axver said:
It's not actually directly related to the pancreatitis, but to something else the doctors found last time she was in hospital. I'm not entirely clear on the details, but it's something to do with internal scar tissue that's creating pressure.

And how's your father doing?
ahhh i see. that still sounds sucky; i hope she's okay.

he's doing okay i guess, i couldn't visit him since i was at work today, but my mom went and said he was okay, just all doped up. thanks for asking :)

the tourist said:
:lol:

i dunno, sounds like there's potential for it to get a little
swoon.gif
to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom