Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
His Zoo TV Bullet solo shows he's much more proficient than he lets on.

Same goes for Desire on Lovetown. Hell, the Desire/Watchtower combo is probably the most rocking thing he's ever done.

Bullet on Vertigo - and especially on U2 3D - pissed me off because of how lacklustre and unremarkable it is. You feel like he's about to rip into something huge, and then you get that basic bullshit.

phillyfan26 said:

It's one of the few U2 song parts I can't play. :shrug:

I've never attempted the actual thing, but I've played lots of similar stuff before. Scales, y'know.

Axver said:

Same goes for Desire on Lovetown. Hell, the Desire/Watchtower combo is probably the most rocking thing he's ever done.

You're forgetting God Part II :drool:

Axver said:
I was going to greet you, Khan, but after that picture, hell no. :yikes:
:giggle:

you're the only one to mention it, too
down.gif

the tourist said:

You're forgetting God Part II :drool:

God Part II --> Desire --> Watchtower for the win.

Off memory, that was done once or twice, but I don't think with a shredding solo version of Desire.

OK, those of you who play guitar, what would you say Edge's finest, most proficient technical moment is?

I mean, I used to play guitar, but I was never good enough to play anything post-War. Easy stuff like ACD/ITH, 11OTT, NYD, that was my forte.

Axver said:

Off memory, that was done once or twice, but I don't think with a shredding solo version of Desire.

I thought it was Desire->Watchtower->GP2. I don't really remember anymore though. :reject:

Axver said:
OK, those of you who play guitar, what would you say Edge's finest, most proficient technical moment is?

I mean, I used to play guitar, but I was never good enough to play anything post-War. Easy stuff like ACD/ITH, 11OTT, NYD, that was my forte.

Desire shredding or ZooTV Bullet.

the tourist said:

I thought it was Desire->Watchtower->GP2. I don't really remember anymore though. :reject:

The traditional trio on Lovetown was Desire/Watchtower/AIWIY.

God Part II, bizarrely, was rarely ever placed with that trio. Like I said, it preceded it only rarely. It had a habit of showing up in the oddest places.

I also wish they'd done Desire --> Watchtower --> Bullet more. That was fucking rocking when they did it - once.

the tourist said:
I'm pretty sure New Year's Day's solo isn't based on any scales....

I only have a loose understanding of scales, so you have to work with me.

I didn't think you could play a solo without scales, from my understanding. Guess I was wrong.

Axver said:

Zoo TV Bullet and Lovetown Desire. I worked out LT Desire once but forgot how to play it.

the tourist said:
Desire shredding or ZooTV Bullet.

phillyfan26 said:
Zoo TV Bullet and Lovetown Desire. I worked out LT Desire once but forgot how to play it.

Damn, I was hoping you guys would have a more uncommon answer, like "ZooTV Bullet and Lovetown Desire are good, but he really outdoes himself on The First Time". :wink:

Axver said:

Looked it up. You were right about the order. But it happened 22 times.

KhanadaRhodes said:

it'll be stale by the time it gets there, but okay! :D

:microwaves food:

If it's stale, I'm sending it back to be thrown in your face. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom