Devil's Beef Tub, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I surely hope she can. It would be all kinds of win and inthistowntastic that words simply cannot describe. :drool:

Who here doesn't? :D

Crumbs. :down: Can't say I'm all too fond of the others either.
Very clichétastic.

It'll make your week. :lol:

They only used the music of the start of Crumbs. None of the lame lyrics about "with a mouth full of teeth, you ate all your friends". All of their music choices have sucked, really - they've even used some Nickelback. :|

Booze lowers inhibitions. Apparently. Does fuck-all to me.

You know, I'd accuse you of over-thinking, but that'd make me a hypocrite, since even that would constitute going bloody fast by my standards. We need somebody like Vazza here, who could quite legitimately say it without a trace of hypocrisy. :lol:
:lol: I already know booze lowers both of our inhibitions. I have texts to prove it.

Derek's my friend and I respect him. I'm not over-thinking. He's been my best friend for a year. I'm not sure I want to forego that for the sake of a romantic relationship with him without knowing where he stands on the matter.

And when was the last time you were drinking with other people, and not just the computer for company? :wink:

... touche.

Not that I really have anybody to drink with, and I don't like pubs much.

It would be easier to go with Mormonism, since that's all in English (or near enough)...

Yeah, but I imagine Reggo's going to tell me to keep far, far away from the Mormons.

It'll make your week. :lol:

They only used the music of the start of Crumbs. None of the lame lyrics about "with a mouth full of teeth, you ate all your friends". All of their music choices have sucked, really - they've even used some Nickelback. :|

Fuck. Are you kidding me? It'd make my month year life!
No life is complete without the awesomeness that is inthistowntastic.

I suppose that's not so bad if they didn't use the lame arse lyrics.
And wtf, Nickelback? Now I like some of Nickelback's stuff, but they just aren't a band I can listen to except very rarely and even then, I only like a few of their songs.

:lol: I already know booze lowers both of our inhibitions. I have texts to prove it.

Derek's my friend and I respect him. I'm not over-thinking. He's been my best friend for a year. I'm not sure I want to forego that for the sake of a romantic relationship with him without knowing where he stands on the matter.

:laugh:

I, uh, think it may just be obvious where he stands. But Superthread joking and egging on aside, I think that's completely the right thing to do. As I'm sure you already know.

... touche.

Yeah, but I imagine Reggo's going to tell me to keep far, far away from the Mormons.
Yes. Stay away, Axver. Stay the fuck away.

Fuck. Are you kidding me? It'd make my month year life!
No life is complete without the awesomeness that is inthistowntastic.

I suppose that's not so bad if they didn't use the lame arse lyrics.
And wtf, Nickelback? Now I like some of Nickelback's stuff, but they just aren't a band I can listen to except very rarely and even then, I only like a few of their songs.

You and Bonnie need to start a website dedicated to the TV Gaga appearance. :lol:

Nickelback are like a nasty weeping sore on the face of music. And the worst part is they tried to use Nickelback in a "meaningful" and "moving" puff piece. Idiots.

I'm being responsible and mature about this thing with Derek... When did I grow up?

... touche.

I don't like pubs either (except when they're hosting certain cover bands... speaking of which, B & R (haha, R & B) tell me that Aust U2 Show is playing again on Sept. 5 and 6... Clifton Hill and Carlton), or clubs, and I don't like drunk people in large numbers, so that pretty much kills my social life.

I met a Mormon, she was really nice. But then, she was smart enough to leave Mormon central for 6 months at least and see other bits of the world.

Although being computer related, I say that one of these days, you and I should have a drink off.

We need to have a big, proper Superthread drink-off! :up:

You and I will surely beat everybody else.

You and Bonnie need to start a website dedicated to the TV Gaga appearance. :lol:

Nickelback are like a nasty weeping sore on the face of music. And the worst part is they tried to use Nickelback in a "meaningful" and "moving" puff piece. Idiots.
:hmm: I concur. It must be done.

Nickelback is anything but meaningful and moving. 99% of their music is absolute shit.

I don't like pubs either (except when they're hosting certain cover bands... speaking of which, B & R (haha, R & B) tell me that Aust U2 Show is playing again on Sept. 5 and 6... Clifton Hill and Carlton), or clubs, and I don't like drunk people in large numbers, so that pretty much kills my social life.

I met a Mormon, she was really nice. But then, she was smart enough to leave Mormon central for 6 months at least and see other bits of the world.

Yeah, I'm pretty fucked when it comes to having the stereotypical uni or Aussie pub/club-centric social life. I've probably been into a pub five times in the last three years. As for the Aust U2 Show, I'm pretty sure the Opeth gig I'm seeing is on the 5th of September, but the 6th could work.

Actually, I knew a couple of Mormon sisters at high school who were quite possibly the nicest people I've ever met. But then they left because their family were going to be Mormon missionaries in AUCKLAND. That was just a little WTFy.

I think I'm gonna head to bed...

and I STILL haven't finished this bloody bottle of kahlua. It'll be a year old in a few weeks! Courtesy of Auckland airport's duty free shops. :D

Wantz another holiday. :sigh:

I applied for two weeks off in October. Don't know quite what to do with it yet. Considering Barrier Reef, although I wonder if I could nip across to NZ... :hmm:

I am having considerable trouble telling Bonnie and Serena apart. Silly me for using avatars to identify people more than the actual username...

If I come back later this year, we all get crunked, for real. It'll be less awkward now that we've met and you know that I have hair like James May. :up:

:lol: Sounds awesome. Hope you do make another trip. :up:

Also, did you see two Maytastic things are on SBS? Firstly, some doco by him about the 20th century at 8:30pm on Sunday, and then the first Top Gear episode featuring him at 7:30pm Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom