Detroit Red Wings Fans Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CampbellMSU

The Fly
Okay, I'm watching game three against nashville, what in the dickens is going on?

Anyway, This is a consolidation post for all Red Wings fans just so we don't have to listen to any Florida Panthers fans or anything.

Red Wings fans, unite and gripe!

Things are on the up and up.

The problem is penetrating down low to exercise more than a perimeter shot. Throw a little change-up and Vokoun's softball practice might get interrupted.

Nashville is a little too emotional at the moment... I think in the end that inexperience and excitability will cost them.

Tonight is do-or-die. The Wings lose and I think they've bought the farm. They win and it'll remove any and all momentum that Nashville has and it'll just be a matter of landing the killing blow.

That being said, Nashville does have the momentum.

I expect one of 3 things:
- Detroit wins by 1
- Overtime (a loooonnnnggg overtime)
- Nashville blows out Detroit (3-0 or 4-0) cause Cujo is cold and injured.

Bet on it. :wink:

Pinball Wizard said:
I found it funny that your prognostication painted several scenarios, and yet none of them happened.

Go Dave.

We're gonna party like it's your birthday.

Cujo for commish!

Since the Avs look to beat Dallas...

I want a Detroit-Colorado Western Final.

With the Wings taking it. :dance: Sweet revenge indeed.

So maybe it is "Go Avs" after all... :hmm:

AvsGirl41 said:
Since the Avs look to beat Dallas...

I want a Detroit-Colorado Western Final.

With the Wings taking it. :dance: Sweet revenge indeed.

So maybe it is "Go Avs" after all... :hmm:

Well then you'd better hope to hell that Calgary wins tonight.

Hmmm . . .

We outshoot them 13-2 in the 1st Period. No goals.

We have six power-play opportunities. No goals.
(Not to mention 2-29 against Nashville, those juggernauts of the ice.)

We have a home game. No wins.

I fear this has happened before.

Once again like Nashville and Anaheim, Calgary limits chances in close. Although there were a couple last night, the majority of shots were from the outside, and Kiprusoff could see all of them. It's frustrating to see how many fall off the bandwagon after one loss... regardless of the similarity to Kariya's overtime winner in game one of last year.

To suggest that Detroit is underestimating, or that they are unaware of the Flame's calibre is a fleeting assumption. 4 lines against 1. 3 defensive pairs against 2. Experience versus 1 round. Kipper is good, but it will take more than his excellent play to shut down the Wings.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Still getting ready to jump that bandwagon yet? :eyebrow:

i had a dream last night where i beat up barry melrose...does that count?

A soft goal, and bad coverage in front of the net. The Wings let the Flames drive to the net uncontested... resulting in all 3 goals. While on the other side, Kiprusoff didn't have to deal with many screen shots or deflections... the only decent chances of that variety went in. The remaining scoring opportunities were ok, but if they're all from 20 feet out, with no one in the area of the net... the likelihood of beating Miikka from such a distance is slim to none.

Last change was a real advantage for the Flames. I think Detroit should start focusing more on the Donovan line, because at this point his hardnose to the net style is what's breaking games.

I too watched enough of the last game to want to turn it off. When's the next? Please tell me master of Cuj.

Sweet? I don't know, it was tense. Although after the stacked pad save on the two-on-one, I was pretty sure it was in the bag. Great game. Hopefully I can muster enough luck to get to Game 6 too. Did I mention there's only a dozen people cheering for the Wings here? Nothing like being the minority in a population of 20000...

wait a minute...

Back
Top Bottom