Detroit Red Wings Fans Only - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-07-2004, 11:17 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Now that I've got that out of my system it's time for a slightly more in-depth analysis:

Originally posted by Pinball Wizard
Your clairvoyant "bet on it" has been golden thus far. I'm almost convinced you know what you're talking about. Wait, didn't you say Detroit was going to win the series? And didn't all your picks lose?

You're right! I'm demeaning your day of glory. How rude of me.

And is that to say that you would have predicted a Calgary win? Of course not, nobody was predicting it.

This is the playoffs. Shit happens. I'm just goofing around with those picks, it's all for some. Why do you feel the need to mock me? Why do you question my knowledge of the game?

What's with the holier-than-thou attitude all of a sudden?

You may know more about hockey than I do (although it's unlikely), and maybe you know more than most on this forum about the game, but that doesn't give you the right to mock me and question me for having a little fun.

So what if I got my picks wrong. Like I said, shit happens. It's not the end of the world.

My suggestion to you is to come down off your high horse and take a look around and realize that you aren't the be-all and end-all hockey authority on this forum, so don't look down your nose on other people. As the Big Guy upstairs once said: "Why do you notice the sliver in your friendís eye, but overlook the timber in your own? How can you say to your friend, "Let me get the sliver out of your eye, when there is that timber in your own? You phony, first take the timber out of your own eye and then youíll see well enough to remove the sliver from your friends eye."

oh, and don't forget...
Bet on it.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #77
Local Time: 11:02 PM
I can't let you do that dave.

It's unfortunate that you took my postings so matter-of-factly. If it was my attempt to insult you, the tone and execution would have been at a much higher level than amateur hour at tongue-in-cheek hypocrite theatre. Although I'm glad you've continued in its prestige. Only one so perceptive as your person could label another as holier-than-thou, and follow-up with a moral discourse citation from the Bible.

For the very least of this thread you could comment, and make an in-depth analysis like you promised earlier. At least show the people that you're making an ass out of yourself for some purpose.

And I thought it was wholly insensitive to make light of my wooden eye.

~still tame my boy.