Detestable music genre's - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

There's a big difference in speaking up about your opinion and the generalizations you spewed.
Generalization or not, my opinion is my opinion.I dont like the aforementioned styles of music. Sorry to spew all over you

Old 08-17-2005, 02:57 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 06:11 AM

Old 08-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #63
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by boystupidboy

Generalization or not, my opinion is my opinion.I dont like the aforementioned styles of music. Sorry to spew all over you

This isnt that hard to understand. There's a way to convey something is your opinion without alienating others, and there's a way to offend people by stating your opinion as if it's fact. This forum is generally VERY accommodating to others with differing tastes, and thus the community tends to not like it when anyone create posts which make it seem as if there's something inherently wrong with music (or the fans of that sort of music) for no reason other than that the poster doesnt personally care for it.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:11 PM
oh for god's sake, boystupidboy thinks all rap is bad, others of you don't, the end.

can we get on with the hatin' now?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #65
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
oh for god's sake, boystupidboy thinks all rap is bad, ...
Actually he thinks rap is all "gang banging in the hood". There's a difference.

Boystupidboy knows that but is hiding behind, "oh it's my opinion".

U2popmofo is right, there's a way to convey, and BSB has a problem doing that.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #66
War Child

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
JAM BANDS! Frigging garbage!
Yes!! Unless we're talking Sonic Youth. They can jam.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Re: Detestable music genre's

Quote:
Originally posted by boystupidboy
Right here goes.I am now going to list the music genre's i absolutely despise......
1 - Rap,hiphop what ever you want to call it.WTF is that all about?gang banging in the hood?not in my hood you don't mr
2 - Jazz.what a load of pretentious bollocks that is.As the great Homer Simpson once said..."they make it up as they go along".Total shite
3 - Death/thrash metal.Noise noise noise.Don't give me that 'i worship the devil' bollocks,if you ever met mr Lucifer you would shit yourself...now run away little boys and grow up (And get your hair cut)
4 - The musicals .Oh my lordy this music IS the work of the devil.Contrived,formulaic pile of pooh
Thats my rant over with,thanks
1. Listen to Edan, Roots, Jurassic 5, etc.

2. You're an idiot, what are you doing on a music message board. Listen to Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis. Or if you want a more soulful, loungey jazz, Nina Simone.

3. The Dillinger Escape Plan

4. Dancer in The Dark.......Lion King...

anyway, I didn't even read this thread. I read the first post and I was outraged.

Outraged I tell you.

Go listen to C*******
Old 08-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:11 PM
This thread makes me realize I'm not missing a damn thing by rarely coming to this forum anymore. And no wonder most of my favorite posters no longer post or make threads here. The people make this place what it is, and this place really sucks lately.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 PM   #69
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:11 AM
I'm sorry so many people think this place sucks lately. I wish they'd try and change that, rather than just pop up now and again to say how much this place sucks.

Or maybe they already did, and I missed it. Oh well. Hopefully it's just a phase and things will come around again. Hell, even bellbottoms came back into style.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
This thread makes me realize I'm not missing a damn thing by rarely coming to this forum anymore. And no wonder most of my favorite posters no longer post or make threads here. The people make this place what it is, and this place really sucks lately.

But if your favorite posters did start threads here StupidBoy-type threads would drop and be replaced with others. You can't really bitch if you aren't willing to do anything about it.

So quit waiting for other people to make this the fourm you want it to be and start generating the type of threads you want.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I'm sorry so many people think this place sucks lately. I wish they'd try and change that, rather than just pop up now and again to say how much this place sucks.

Exactly.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:11 PM
I feel like I have tried to change things in my own subtle ways. I post in the threads I like, ignore the ones I want, start threads when I have something to say, and engage in debate about the direction of the forum quite often. I even started a thread that generated what I feel was important discussion on the rampant problem of game and chat threads forum wide. So you can stop telling me what I should or shouldn't do, because I have tried to change things in a peaceful, respectful manner.

I just can't be arsed to care about this forum anymore. I know others feel the same. A lot of people I really liked and respected are gone from here now, and this thread in particular made me realize that I don't blame them at all.

And there's nothing more hilarious and pointless to me than people bitching about bitching.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #73
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, that's the thing. It's hard to guide the direction of anything on the internet. I guess you just do what you can and either find somewhere else to hang out, or wait around and see if it will change for the better again. I'm hoping some of the negative nellies will get bored and find somewhere else to play, too.

Quote:
And there's nothing more hilarious and pointless to me than people bitching about bitching.
Well, with all due respect, I don't really see the point of people coming around just to complain about how much this place sucks now, either.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #74
War Child

Local Time: 07:11 PM
faith based music + cool = Kevin Max
Old 08-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: faith-based music ...

I remember thinking that Jars of Clay CD that came out in the mid to late 90s was pretty decent. "Flood" was a really good song.