Detestable music genre's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boystupidboy said:

Generalization or not, my opinion is my opinion.I dont like the aforementioned styles of music. Sorry to spew all over you:ohmy:

This isnt that hard to understand. There's a way to convey something is your opinion without alienating others, and there's a way to offend people by stating your opinion as if it's fact. This forum is generally VERY accommodating to others with differing tastes, and thus the community tends to not like it when anyone create posts which make it seem as if there's something inherently wrong with music (or the fans of that sort of music) for no reason other than that the poster doesnt personally care for it.

VertigoGal said:
oh for god's sake, boystupidboy thinks all rap is bad, ...

Actually he thinks rap is all "gang banging in the hood". There's a difference.

Boystupidboy knows that but is hiding behind, "oh it's my opinion".

U2popmofo is right, there's a way to convey, and BSB has a problem doing that.

boystupidboy said:
Right here goes.I am now going to list the music genre's i absolutely despise......
1 - Rap,hiphop what ever you want to call it.WTF is that all about?gang banging in the hood?not in my hood you don't mr:mad:
2 - Jazz.what a load of pretentious bollocks that is.As the great Homer Simpson once said..."they make it up as they go along".Total shite:mad:
3 - Death/thrash metal.Noise noise noise.Don't give me that 'i worship the devil' bollocks,if you ever met mr Lucifer you would shit yourself...now run away little boys and grow up:mad: (And get your hair cut)
4 - The musicals .Oh my lordy this music IS the work of the devil.Contrived,formulaic pile of pooh:mad:
Thats my rant over with,thanks:silent:

1. Listen to Edan, Roots, Jurassic 5, etc.

2. You're an idiot, what are you doing on a music message board. Listen to Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis. Or if you want a more soulful, loungey jazz, Nina Simone.

3. The Dillinger Escape Plan

4. Dancer in The Dark.......Lion King...

anyway, I didn't even read this thread. I read the first post and I was outraged.

Outraged I tell you.

Go listen to C*******

This thread makes me realize I'm not missing a damn thing by rarely coming to this forum anymore. And no wonder most of my favorite posters no longer post or make threads here. The people make this place what it is, and this place really sucks lately.

:down:

I'm sorry so many people think this place sucks lately. I wish they'd try and change that, rather than just pop up now and again to say how much this place sucks.

Or maybe they already did, and I missed it. Oh well. Hopefully it's just a phase and things will come around again. Hell, even bellbottoms came back into style.

:wink:

HeartlandGirl said:
This thread makes me realize I'm not missing a damn thing by rarely coming to this forum anymore. And no wonder most of my favorite posters no longer post or make threads here. The people make this place what it is, and this place really sucks lately.

:down:

But if your favorite posters did start threads here StupidBoy-type threads would drop and be replaced with others. You can't really bitch if you aren't willing to do anything about it. :shrug:

So quit waiting for other people to make this the fourm you want it to be and start generating the type of threads you want.

corianderstem said:
I'm sorry so many people think this place sucks lately. I wish they'd try and change that, rather than just pop up now and again to say how much this place sucks.

Exactly.

I feel like I have tried to change things in my own subtle ways. I post in the threads I like, ignore the ones I want, start threads when I have something to say, and engage in debate about the direction of the forum quite often. I even started a thread that generated what I feel was important discussion on the rampant problem of game and chat threads forum wide. So you can stop telling me what I should or shouldn't do, because I have tried to change things in a peaceful, respectful manner.

I just can't be arsed to care about this forum anymore. I know others feel the same. A lot of people I really liked and respected are gone from here now, and this thread in particular made me realize that I don't blame them at all.

And there's nothing more hilarious and pointless to me than people bitching about bitching.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's hard to guide the direction of anything on the internet. I guess you just do what you can and either find somewhere else to hang out, or wait around and see if it will change for the better again. I'm hoping some of the negative nellies will get bored and find somewhere else to play, too.

And there's nothing more hilarious and pointless to me than people bitching about bitching.

Well, with all due respect, I don't really see the point of people coming around just to complain about how much this place sucks now, either.

Re: faith-based music ...

I remember thinking that Jars of Clay CD that came out in the mid to late 90s was pretty decent. "Flood" was a really good song.

I don't see the point of starting threads that dis entire genres of music that are much beloved by many music fans around here. One pointless post deserves another, I suppose.

HeartlandGirl said:
I feel like I have tried to change things in my own subtle ways. I post in the threads I like, ignore the ones I want, start threads when I have something to say, and engage in debate about the direction of the forum quite often. I even started a thread that generated what I feel was important discussion on the rampant problem of game and chat threads forum wide. So you can stop telling me what I should or shouldn't do, because I have tried to change things in a peaceful, respectful manner.

I just can't be arsed to care about this forum anymore. I know others feel the same. A lot of people I really liked and respected are gone from here now, and this thread in particular made me realize that I don't blame them at all.

I think it's pathetic that you and others would allow a few jerks to ruin what you say you like or liked. But if you aren't willing to post positive stuff and ignore the negative (face it, without the people bitching about this thread it would have dropped to the bottom of the page already), you won't have the type of place you want.

And, sweetie, if you can tell me, or anyone else what to do, then expect the same in return. You bitch at people for posting stuff you don't like, but don't want to read other's views. That doesn't show respect to me.

HeartlandGirl said:

Except people who "can't be arsed to care about this forum anymore" yet feel the need to whine about what others post. :wink:

indra said:

But if your favorite posters did start threads here StupidBoy-type threads would drop and be replaced with others. You can't really bitch if you aren't willing to do anything about it. :shrug:

So quit waiting for other people to make this the fourm you want it to be and start generating the type of threads you want.

Honestly, how dare you try to imply HeartlandGirl does not contribute or "do anything about it"???? There are seriously only a few people who are still around after the last few months here who have LONG provided intelligent insight, courtesy, and worth while posts about a variety of bands and types of music. HeartlandGirl is OBVIOUSLY one of these people. What an incredibly ridiculous and unfair thing to even TRY to suggest.

The sense of community here is flat out the worst I've ever seen it. Long time posters have all gone missing, regulars are being alienated and losing interest at a phenomenal rate, and I'm finally starting to understand why. This place has really bled itself dry. I cant stand to see long time friends crapped on in sections of the forum that they long helped build, and I cant stand seeing the few people who are still around have to fight in vain for any change to come.

Almost anything and everything I used to like about this forum is dying or already dead, I too am almost completely done with even caring any more. Whatever.

*awaits lesson on how I'm wrong*

boystupidboy said:

3 - Death/thrash metal.Noise noise noise.Don't give me that 'i worship the devil' bollocks,if you ever met mr Lucifer you would shit yourself...now run away little boys and grow up:mad: (And get your hair cut)

You're uneducated. I'll leave it like that.:(

indra said:
I think it's pathetic that you and others would allow a few jerks to ruin what you say you like or liked. But if you aren't willing to post positive stuff and ignore the negative (face it, without the people bitching about this thread it would have dropped to the bottom of the page already), you won't have the type of place you want.

I think I've already said that I overwhelmingly make positive posts all over this forum. There is only so much one person can do to make a forum into a place they enjoy frequenting. And yes, this thread would have dropped into oblivion if no one had replied to it, but I admire all of the people who pointed out the ignorant generalizations made by the originator of the thread. There's something to be said for standing up for what you believe in, even if that means a crappy thread gets traffic.

indra said:
And, sweetie, if you can tell me, or anyone else what to do, then expect the same in return. You bitch at people for posting stuff you don't like, but don't want to read other's views. That doesn't show respect to me.

I didn't start off telling anyone what to do. I expressed my displeasure with this forum, citing this thread as an example. People can post what they like, and I can express my disagreement or disappointment with it. I'm not sure why you think I don't want to read other's views. I absolutely DO WANT to, especially if they're insightful and thoughtful. What you said here makes no sense to me at all.

And in terms of showing respect, I don't think calling someone 'sweetie' in a patronising manner is very respectful. There's only one person on this forum who can call me that, and I'm pretty sure it's not you.

indra said:
Except people who "can't be arsed to care about this forum anymore" yet feel the need to whine about what others post. :wink:

Quite frankly, indra, all I ever see you do is (a) talk about the Church and (b) fight with people. You attack people for expressing their displeasure or trying to make changes. If you want to say I'm a whiner, fine. I'd rather be a whiner than someone who seems to thrive off confrontation and conflict. But I've been here for FIVE years and have watched the many metamorphoses of Interference. As a long time member of the forum, I'm not afraid to say when I think it is taking a turn for the worse.

In an effort to ignore what I find negative about this forum, I'm placing you on my ignore list. I know the mods have suggested that to others in the past, so I will be taking their advice.

u2popmofo said:

Honestly, how dare you try to imply HeartlandGirl does not contribute or "do anything about it"???? There are seriously only a few people who are still around after the last few months here who have LONG provided intelligent insight, courtesy, and worth while posts about a variety of bands and types of music. HeartlandGirl is OBVIOUSLY one of these people. What an incredibly ridiculous and unfair thing to even TRY to suggest.

The sense of community here is flat out the worst I've ever seen it. Long time posters have all gone missing, regulars are being alienated and losing interest at a phenomenal rate, and I'm finally starting to understand why. This place has really bled itself dry. I cant stand to see long time friends crapped on in sections of the forum that they long helped build, and I cant stand seeing the few people who are still around have to fight in vain for any change to come.

Almost anything and everything I used to like about this forum is dying or already dead, I too am almost completely done with even caring any more. Whatever.

you can believe whatever you want. doesn't matter to me what you think. :D

HeartlandGirl said:

I think I've already said that I overwhelmingly make positive posts all over this forum. There is only so much one person can do to make a forum into a place they enjoy frequenting. And yes, this thread would have dropped into oblivion if no one had replied to it, but I admire all of the people who pointed out the ignorant generalizations made by the originator of the thread. There's something to be said for standing up for what you believe in, even if that means a crappy thread gets traffic.

[/b]

I didn't start off telling anyone what to do. I expressed my displeasure with this forum, citing this thread as an example. People can post what they like, and I can express my disagreement or disappointment with it. I'm not sure why you think I don't want to read other's views. I absolutely DO WANT to, especially if they're insightful and thoughtful. What you said here makes no sense to me at all.

And in terms of showing respect, I don't think calling someone 'sweetie' in a patronising manner is very respectful. There's only one person on this forum who can call me that, and I'm pretty sure it's not you.

Quite frankly, indra, all I ever see you do is (a) talk about the Church and (b) fight with people. You attack people for expressing their displeasure or trying to make changes. If you want to say I'm a whiner, fine. I'd rather be a whiner than someone who seems to thrive off confrontation and conflict. But I've been here for FIVE years and have watched the many metamorphoses of Interference. As a long time member of the forum, I'm not afraid to say when I think it is taking a turn for the worse.

In an effort to ignore what I find negative about this forum, I'm placing you on my ignore list. I know the mods have suggested that to others in the past, so I will be taking their advice. [/B]

There is always a certain type of person that really dislikes me. I guess you are one of those types. Oh well. There are a lot of people in this world. :shrug:

I made your ingore list. Cool! :)

Oh that reminds me....I need to bring my Church thread back up. :D

u2popmofo said:

Isn't that exactly what you are doing to BSB? Giving him a lesson on how wrong he is? Why is it OK for you to question someone for his opinion, but not be able to take it when someone questions yours? Is it the longevity factor? Or is it because you think your view is the right one?

He gave an opinion, and although he may have stated it as fact, it was OBVIOUSLY only an opinion. Just because someone says something is fact doesn't mean it is, I thought everyone over 10 knew that.

Hmmmmm........re U2popmofo's and Heartland Girl's comments in a somewhat similar vein I seem to remember a 'No-one here gives a s*** about music' thread I started a while back. Most people didn't like that one, so I won't be doing it again. :wink:

Actually I thought B&C had improved recently but that's only an impression.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Hmmmmm........re U2popmofo's and Heartland Girl's comments in a somewhat similar vein I seem to remember a 'No-one here gives a s*** about music' thread I started a while back. Most people didn't like that one, so I won't be doing it again. :wink:

Actually I thought B&C had improved recently but that's only an impression.

I just pulled that thread up...yep you did ruffle some feathers! I knew what you were going for, but I kinda knew you and your posting style from FYM. Some people have very thin skin...I'm surprised you didn't get on someone's ignore list. ;)

Oh, and financeguy, bonus points still apply if you know anything about Baby Grande and The Twillies! :wink:

Why do ppl persist in saying how much this forum 'sucks' at the same time as posting in the thread that they have a problem with?
If you can see you don't like a thread's subject matter, or for some reason you have decided to dislike the author, then DO NOT enter the thread! What is so hard to understand about that? :shrug:

I don't agree with a couple of BSB's points in his first post, but as I read each one, I laughed out loud, cos I found it funny to read. He is only commenting on music tastes, he isn't slagging off Jesus Christ or something else INTENDED to cause offence.

I can picture what would've happened. He would've come home from work a bit tired, probably popped on MTV or VH1 hoping to see a vid that would cheer him up, and he probably got some Rap song with big-assed girls washing a huge car. He then chose to vent his feelings about the music genres he dislikes on here, with us.

I find it funny, cos as I said, he is only talking about MUSIC here ppl, not Religion. So nothing for anyone to get wound up over, or start boring everyone's ass about the 'forum sucking these days'.

Just my 7 n 6pence

Why don't you all shut the deuce up and stop attacking BSB for an opinion?

I get chastised non stop for posting negative responses in threads I disagree with, but it is okay for you lot? Don't fall off your high horse you musical experts, it is a long way down.

boystupidboy your post was obviously tounge in cheek and I see that. I know your feelings are real however but for people to react so defensively is just plain pathetic.

Anyone who has spent time and energy in criticising BSB's opinions is a troll and should be punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom