Desperate Housewives *possible spoilers*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
So I know this show is evil and I shouldn't watch it but I am hooked. I think I've figured out a huge connection, don't read if you wanna be surprised (BTW I have not looked at other sites or anything)...

2 weeks ago they do a flashback with Martha talking to her sister - she mentioned working with Mary Alice/Angela in Utah with a 'disturbed woman' (or something to that effect) that had a child who soon after disappeared. Obviously this is Zack/Dana. I think the connection here is that the disturbed woman is Diedre, who Mike the Plumber has been looking for. Notice that they haven't really said what he's looking for, even though her body has been found? I guess likely they are looking for her killer, but also he would have know that her child went missing. I think Mike the plumber had a baby with Diedre - aka Zack/Dana. That would mean if Mike gets with Susan, Zack would be stepbrother to the girl he loves! (blanking on Susan's daughter's name).

So Paul killed Diedre, killed Martha, and I do think he killed Mary Alice - I bet she was feeling guilty and ready to confess, give Zack up, but Paul didn't want her to. Though he doesn't seem to like Zack all that much - "You're not all that special"....

I'm I really late in figuring this out? Has it been totally obvious all along? :der:

That's mostly the conclusion I've come to. I don't think you're late in figuring it out. I'm not sure about Zack being his son though. You're probably right cuz that would be a good twist. The actor was just interviewed and he wouldn't say what his connection was to Dierdre. He said we'd find out in the next two episodes. I Love that show!

Oh my, you've pretty much convinced me now that that's the outcome - it all fits.
I have to ask - you know how they said Deirdre was found in a childs playbox or something? Well, wasn't Paul burying one (or digging one up) in a past episode? I didn't pay huge amounts of attention early on in the series, so i'm unsure. Kind of a dumb question, but it's been bugging me.
bonosloveslave, since you've got it sussed ( :wink: ), can you figure out what the hell is going on with this dana/zach thing?

I gotta start watching that show more, but I keep forgetting to watch it... guess why? (hint hint: blue ______ :wink:)

Oh, and the character Felicity Huffman plays... I forgot her name but she has all those kids, she also played the character Julia from Frasier... whoo!

beau2ifulday said:
Oh my, you've pretty much convinced me now that that's the outcome - it all fits.
I have to ask - you know how they said Deirdre was found in a childs playbox or something? Well, wasn't Paul burying one (or digging one up) in a past episode? I didn't pay huge amounts of attention early on in the series, so i'm unsure. Kind of a dumb question, but it's been bugging me.
bonosloveslave, since you've got it sussed ( :wink: ), can you figure out what the hell is going on with this dana/zach thing?

I missed 1 or 2 of the earlier episodes - but from what I can make out in flashbacks, Paul dug up the pool at their house, broke up the concrete at the bottom, pulled out the toy chest, and threw it in the lake. Now WHY he did that, I don't know - under the swimming pool is a darn good hiding place :shrug: But I think he is likely the one who killed her, chopped her up, put her in the chest and buried it.

All I can make of the Dana/Zack connection is that it's likely that as a baby he was originally named Dana (not the most masculine name - but you've heard of Dana Carvey from Saturday Night Live). When Paul and Mary Alice left Utah they likely changed his name to Zack so he would be harder to trace. They probably snatched him in that yellow blanket that had his name on it and Mary Alice probably couldn't bear to throw it away.

My thoughts anyway :huh:

I don't want to read the spoilers, but can anyone give me a synopsis of the important events so far? I only watch it on and off-like for example, why did Mike hit that other neighbor last night? Is Mike a good guy or a bad guy?

I can't even keep track of their names :huh:

No one? Oh well

He plays a troubled teen on "Desperate Housewives." Now, Cody Kasch has some real life troubles of his own -- he got nabbed by police Tuesday night smoking marijuana in the East Village.

The 17-year-old was puffing away outside a bar, at First Street and Second Avenue, just before midnight Tuesday when a cop spotted him and issued him a desk appearance ticket, police said.

Kasch, who plays Zach Young on the ABC drama, hails from California, but gave police a Jackson Heights address. Reporters were camped outside the home this morning.

He began his acting career at a young age in his parents' community theater company.

A casting director saw him starring in the play "God's Country" and cast him in a national commercial. Cody has been working regularly ever since.

On television Cody was a series regular on "Normal, Ohio."

He has also guest starred on "ER," "Nash Bridges," "Boston Public" and "NYPD Blue."

I can't remember how, but Edie found out that Mrs. Tillman was brutally attacked... just not by Zach though. I believe she assumed it was an intruder, so she went around the neighborhood advising people to stay safe. She stopped by Mike's place when Zach was holding Susan hostage (Did you see that part?). Anyway, we didn't see or hear anything about Mrs. Tillman after that point. Edie mentioned she was hospitalized for the beating and that was it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't want to read the spoilers, but can anyone give me a synopsis of the important events so far? I only watch it on and off-like for example, why did Mike hit that other neighbor last night? Is Mike a good guy or a bad guy?

I can't even keep track of their names :huh:

There are so many connections, it's hard to give you just the highlights - the main website has a very good episode guide if you have some free time to browse it:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/recaps/ep1.html

On Good Morning America they said one of the characters would die, I was guessing Rex or Paul - sucks that they are gonna come and hunt down Bree for murdering her husband!

Queen Bee[/i] [B]I can't remember how said:
I saw it Sunday-Bree murdered Rex? How?

Did it involve the pharmacist guy, did she drug Rex or something?

I thought it was George, the pharmacist... wasn't he the one who was sneaking into their house and tampering with Rex's pills?

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw it Sunday-Bree murdered Rex? How?

Did it involve the pharmacist guy, did she drug Rex or something?

No, Bree didn't actually murder Rex - the pharmacist was switching his heart medication with potassium pills, which is what caused his death. Remember Rex's doctor thought he was being poisoned, and asked "Who prepares your food?" - because that would be the more logical/likely way someone could poison him. Of course, Bree does all the cooking. Rex said to the doctor that she wouldn't do that, but then he writes Bree a note saying he forgives her. She will be the one investigated for murder - but my guess is George will be stupid enough to admit that he did it and will say to her, "Oh Bree, I did it for you so we could be together..." :blahblah: or something like that.

The thing I don't get is why, in the second-to-last episode, Bree and Rex were arguing about Rex supposedly telling his other doctor coworkers about their kinky sex --> Rex has heart attack --> Bree takes her *sweet* time getting him to the hospital (I guess somewhat understandable because she was so mad) --> but then in the finale at the hospital she is all worried and sweet and devastated when he dies?

Last edited:
Doozer61 said:
do you think Rex is really dead?

I love this show, I didn't think I would at the start :heart:

I do think he's dead. Just before Bree gets the phonecall you see him in his room shaking and sweating trying to write her a letter and does look like he is about to croak it. I'd be surprised if he came back.

I saw this last episode last night. I was really surprised he died.

Now I can't wait to see what happens with Zack and Mike. :ohmy:

When does the 2nd series start in America?

I was watching the first episodes again that they are rerunning, and I caught 2 things -

-In the 1st episode Mrs. Huber mentions watching Edie's son because she will be having a gentleman-friend over - have they ever shown Edie's son or talked about him since?

-I can't understand why Paul bothered to dig up the baby chest from ubder the pool to throw it in the lake, why didn't he just keep it buried? :confused:

Oh, and Lara - if I remember correctly, the fall shows don't usually start until mid to late Spetember :down:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
I was watching the first episodes again that they are rerunning, and I caught 2 things -

-In the 1st episode Mrs. Huber mentions watching Edie's son because she will be having a gentleman-friend over - have they ever shown Edie's son or talked about him since?

i caught that, too

-I can't understand why Paul bothered to dig up the baby chest from ubder the pool to throw it in the lake, why didn't he just keep it buried?

perhaps

he knew about the blackmail from Mrs. Huber and wanted to get rid of the evidence?

bonosloveslave said:

-I can't understand why Paul bothered to dig up the baby chest from ubder the pool to throw it in the lake, why didn't he just keep it buried? :confused:

Oh, and Lara - if I remember correctly, the fall shows don't usually start until mid to late Spetember :down:

I read somewhere that the son will show up in Season 2.

Weren't they getting work done on the pool or something? That's why they wanted the chest out? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom