Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not a generally unfair assumption, although I'd like to think they're fairly clued up when my safety is part of their job description.

Maybe you can correct me, but it just seems like a go-nowhere job. It's not as if a flight attendant is going to be promoted to being a pilot. You're just stuck as a flight attendant.

That looks like a police plane or something...!

*waits for quote to not work again*

It works!

Nah, it's just the wanky livery. They were started to do all business class flights between Sydney and Melbourne and quickly tanked with that, and now do charter flights, I believe. They were planning to fly to Palmerston North (I think) but that fell through.

Maybe you can correct me, but it just seems like a go-nowhere job. It's not as if a flight attendant is going to be promoted to being a pilot. You're just stuck as a flight attendant.

That's how I see it too, to be honest. I think the best you can hope for is interesting international routes....but that's all I see in it.

Early days with my camera. Standing under the approach to Coolangatta, in the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary carpark.

IMG_0221.jpg

You just described a job where people get paid to fly all over the place as "go-nowhere". Someone should make some devastatingly witty comment about this, but I'm braindead.

N 456 at Spencer Street station. Note the dual gauge track in the foreground. Dual gauge track for 5'3" and 4'8.5" is pretty rare, I think because the rails are so close that it's not entirely a good idea at any decent speed. 4'8.5"/3'6" in Queensland works fine, though.

s640x480

That's how I see it too, to be honest. I think the best you can hope for is interesting international routes....but that's all I see in it.

Yeah, exactly.

And Kate wonders why I told her that her current boyfriend is a no-hoper who doesn't have any prospects.

You just described a job where people get paid to fly all over the place as "go-nowhere". Someone should make some devastatingly witty comment about this, but I'm braindead.

:lol:

I was actually going to make a remark about this bimbo in my grade who essentially took "going places" physically as a flight attendant to be the same as "going places" metaphorically in career advancement.

Then again, she's the kind of person who'd probably seduce airline executives and get appointed as their "secretary" for $100,000 a year.

Mm, sambuca.

I have to disagree with you there... The only thing worse imo is Jager :barf:

I have this terrible feeling I'm going to dream about reading the superthread and only seeing pictures of trams and trains.

Oh noes. :sad:

Soo, today my head feels like a kitten with a slightly smaller sledgehammer is pounding a little lighter on my head instead of five fifty ton weights have crashed down on it... Hopefully this sinus headache is the last of this ordeal I'll have to bear.

I have this terrible feeling I'm going to dream about reading the superthread and only seeing pictures of trams and trains.

What's that I smell? The sweet smell of a repeated joke? Why yes, yes it is!

Siemens.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Here's something, I don't know what.

Edit: Aw, cool. It was when I found a cool function on my camera that I must learn how to do again.

So you really did come and visit me in Queensland without me knowing. That looks remarkably similar to somewhere I lived on the Gold Coast! :laugh:

Hey Bonnie, have you got Swervedriver's album Raise? Because it's pretty fucking sweet. Sci-Flyer. :drool:

Night Ali! :wave:

I have to disagree with you there... The only thing worse imo is Jager :barf:

Oh noes. :sad:

Soo, today my head feels like a kitten with a slightly smaller sledgehammer is pounding a little lighter on my head instead of five fifty ton weights have crashed down on it... Hopefully this sinus headache is the last of this ordeal I'll have to bear.

Haha, well indeed, it does have a very sickly sweet taste, and I don't usually have it in shots... but I've just been in that mood lately. Plus there's nothing else around unless I want to shoot abinsthe - there's whiskey, but that's my brother's and I don't feel like touching it right now anyway. I wish I still had some gin. :grumpy:

That sounds like the cutest headache ever. :cute: No, but seriously I'm glad you're feeling better, being sick sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom