Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you should be able to eat and drink on transit. some people spend 2+ hours on the subway, wtf. not being able to drink water? bullshit.

Yeah, exactly. Though here, a ban on eating and drinking is taken to mean that water is nonetheless permitted. It surprises me in Queensland that they have the ban even on the 2.5 hour service from Gympie North to Brisbane.

Hey Vazza, how's it going?
i'm pissed the ice cream place i just went to ripped me off and the ice cream was shit and i'm not going back. it was just one waitress but i can't communicate much so nothing i can do. :( and one of the other students with me is also ridiculous. besides that it's hot but good, i read a hilarious book on punctuation yesterday that all nerds should read, eats, shoots & leaves.

And you'd say that even if I didn't show up for a week... mind you everything's pretty quick compared to geological time. :nerd:

:laugh: I'll remember that line for future use ...

Also, prepare for the lamest picspam ever.

Even lamer than my trains and trams? Bring it on!

So, more trams. Well, same tram as the last picture. Here it is on Melville Road, stopped at Victoria Street with an Anglican church that probably gets about 5 visitors a week in the background.

s640x480

i'm pissed the ice cream place i just went to ripped me off and the ice cream was shit and i'm not going back. it was just one waitress but i can't communicate much so nothing i can do. :( and one of the other students with me is also ridiculous. besides that it's hot but good, i read a hilarious book on punctuation yesterday that all nerds should read, eats, shoots & leaves.
There's an Aussie equivalent:

how is a wombat and aussie bloke the same? it eats roots and leaves

now add that magical comma........

That's annoying. But sounds like an amusing book

Here's a Z3 outside the Queen Vic Markets. This scene has all changed now that a new "Superstop" has been built. Superstop my arse. I prefer the ground level ones.

s640x480

I wasn't saying I didn't like the film, in fact I thought it was so ridiculous that it was impossible not to enjoy. :lol:

Nah, it was a video at the library - actually, that's kind of funny, my brother had finished reading a biography of Bing Crosby's earlier years, read about this film and thought "wow, I'll never find this!" - and as it turns out it's at the nearest library!

Now he's telling me some antics Carole Lombard got up to on the set, i.e. flashing.

Oh I love Channel 31, it's full of these old movies...

And yeah I was just reading about Carole Lombard now on imdb, she was famous for that, and swearing lots, when good ladies didn't, and generally not being a lady. She made 75 movies before she died at 33, now that's a work ethic!

I like the reflection of the trees on this tram in Peel Street.

s640x480

nice ian.

i wish the internet here was fast enough to bother, i'd upload some of the pics for you guys. oh well, i think i'll just zip them in september and send them.

A wet tram in the rain. Material for Kim's next masterpiece?

s640x480

Oh I love Channel 31, it's full of these old movies...

And yeah I was just reading about Carole Lombard now on imdb, she was famous for that, and swearing lots, when good ladies didn't, and generally not being a lady. She made 75 movies before she died at 33, now that's a work ethic!

Oh yeah, I was going to look for more of her stuff actually. Another good anecdote from the set was when she walked in on the crew one morning and said "Bing! Bing? Do you know where my douchebag is?!" really loudly.

I do look forward to seeing pictures Vazza. It'll be nice to see more pictures from interesting places.

Yeah, I can't wait either. It'll make up for our monotony in truckloads, I'm sure!

I'm still figuring out what to do with those roo balls, Ali!
Anything you like :D

i read a hilarious book on punctuation yesterday that all nerds should read, eats, shoots & leaves.
I love that book. It is win.

geetar? :lmao: it even talks about the machine and stuff.

so i heard today that australia is overrun with too many kangaroos.
I never heard the lyrics properly before! I'd only ever heard it on the radio, but I dumped a The Who best-of onto my mp3 player a week ago, and that song came up as I was washing up tonight.

And bits of it are, yes. Which is why we shoot them, rip their balls off, and turn their scrotums into amusing little leather pouches to sell to tourists (and also me, who gives them to people).
Also, 'roos taste great. Low in fat, too!

And bits of it are, yes. Which is why we shoot them, rip their balls off, and turn their scrotums into amusing little leather pouches to sell to tourists (and also me, who gives them to people TO HORRIFY THEM).

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom