Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny part is, unless they were drunk the drivers probably wouldn't care.

The No Food/Drink sign at the front is a mere formality. I've seen people getting onto the bus drinking and carrying food and the drivers (for the most part) don't care.

You're actually allowed to eat and drink on Melbourne public transport, which is a pleasant change from Queensland. They're usually very strict about it there, and the trains are cleaner as a result. Though one day when my friend and I were riding the Brisbane network and were starving out in Cleveland, we told the ticket inspector that we hadn't eaten since 7am (it was 2:30pm) and we were quite obviously making an effort to catch all crumbs in our wrapping, so she was quite happy for us to keep eating!

Washing dishes sucks donkey bollocks.

I opened the thread to take a squizz then randomly decided I should do the dishes now, rather than tomorrow night when there's twice as many and I have to cook right after. That sucks even more donkey bollocks.

Also, interrupted sleep. :down:

Certainly lots of planes and trams.... :huh:

A friend of mine is married to a pilot and if he were here, he would be able to spout off the serial numbers, history, flightpath and the name of the bloke who put down the carpet in the aisle, he's such a bore :love:

You're actually allowed to eat and drink on Melbourne public transport, which is a pleasant change from Queensland. They're usually very strict about it there, and the trains are cleaner as a result. Though one day when my friend and I were riding the Brisbane network and were starving out in Cleveland, we told the ticket inspector that we hadn't eaten since 7am (it was 2:30pm) and we were quite obviously making an effort to catch all crumbs in our wrapping, so she was quite happy for us to keep eating!

I've found my buses are usually very clean, which I suspect is more down to the bus company, because most of the buses that belong to Stagecoach are filthy.

I'm just going to be self-congratulating and post my best photo ever yet again, because I likes it.

2be8ffc4.jpg

Washing dishes sucks donkey bollocks.

I opened the thread to take a squizz then randomly decided I should do the dishes now, rather than tomorrow night when there's twice as many and I have to cook right after. That sucks even more donkey bollocks.

Also, interrupted sleep. :down:

And kangaroo balls? :wink: I need to do dishes either tonight or tomorrow morning. :sigh:

And I knew that the rock photo would bring you out of hiding EVENTUALLY. :wink:

Certainly lots of planes and trams.... :huh:

A friend of mine is married to a pilot and if he were here, he would be able to spout off the serial numbers, history, flightpath and the name of the bloke who put down the carpet in the aisle, he's such a bore :love:

I suspect that guy could possibly be Ian's favourite person.

I could move back to trains if you're sick of trams. :wink:

I've found my buses are usually very clean, which I suspect is more down to the bus company, because most of the buses that belong to Stagecoach are filthy.

Oh yeah, the company seems to make a massive difference. It seems to me that Yarra Trams puts in a bit more effort than Connex (the train wankers; you know them as Veolia), though both could really lift their game.

Bears on rollerskates, you say?

Oh yes. In fact, though that's just a guy in a bear suit for that bit, there are a lot of parts in the movie with a real bear that seem quite... brave, I suppose. Especially considering a tamed bear killed his trainer a day after shooting a scene for Road to Utopia, another Bing Crosby film from the mid 40's.

i think in europe i will never ever see peefan again in the superthread :(

well maybe in the fall when i have internet access in the evening.

i think you should be able to eat and drink on transit. some people spend 2+ hours on the subway, wtf. not being able to drink water? bullshit.

But it's got George and Gracie :sad:

Were you watching Channel 31????

I wasn't saying I didn't like the film, in fact I thought it was so ridiculous that it was impossible not to enjoy. :lol:

Nah, it was a video at the library - actually, that's kind of funny, my brother had finished reading a biography of Bing Crosby's earlier years, read about this film and thought "wow, I'll never find this!" - and as it turns out it's at the nearest library!

Now he's telling me some antics Carole Lombard got up to on the set, i.e. flashing.

I don't know them personally, but their employees always look really cheerful :|

God, they are so terrible at PR, it's astonishing.

Apparently they've changed their name from Connex to Veolia in almost every market because the Connex name was just becoming too synonymous with being shithouse and useless.

And kangaroo balls? :wink: I need to do dishes either tonight or tomorrow morning. :sigh:

And I knew that the rock photo would bring you out of hiding EVENTUALLY. :wink:

'Roo balls are awesome, and now you have proof. :wink:

And you'd say that even if I didn't show up for a week... mind you everything's pretty quick compared to geological time. :nerd:

Belated greetings to Ian and Ax and Vari and Bonnie and blueeyedgirl :wave:

Had one of those "oh, so THAT'S what the lyric is" moments before... the title of The Who's very famous song "Pinball Wizard" had mystified me for years, until I realised the words were saying "that blah blah kid, sure plays a mean pinball", and not "sure plays a mean gee-tar" which is what I used to think.

:der:

I mean come on, what else would a rock band be singing about him playing??

Also, prepare for the lamest picspam ever.

i think you should be able to eat and drink on transit. some people spend 2+ hours on the subway, wtf. not being able to drink water? bullshit.

Exactly, and especially on services at like 8 at night.

You think some people may be a bit hungry or thirsty? Especially when it's 30 degrees (the hot one, not the cold one) and you've got the heating on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom