Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMI, it's like AAMI but without the girl in the ads. Or any other relation to AAMI. Except that they sell insurance.

Wasn't Jade an IT solutions something? Bloody hell.

:lol: Right. Yeah, I think Jade were IT, now that you mention it. I'll just remember them as the wankers who fucked up Lancaster Park's name.

Nerd it up :wave:

In the dirty Nerdlander. :wave:

s640x480

My last photo of the Nerdlander testing the Arden Street sidings. You can see it disappearing at left. The tracks I'm on are the Upfield line - I emphasise I took this photo while crossing the line legally, and did not even stop to take it; I photographed mid-stride, hence it being a bit wonky. At right is a Comeng set at the Macaulay maintenance centre.

s640x480

Fuck off Ericsson, it's now Mt Smart Stadium.

And don't fucking forget it

I'm glad the U2 gigs happened when it was Mt Smart. The original dates were meant to be when it was still Ericsson for another month or so, weren't they?

I'm glad the U2 gigs happened when it was Mt Smart. The original dates were meant to be when it was still Ericsson for another month or so, weren't they?

If I remember it was going to remain Ericsson for the rest of the year because all of the Warriors stuff like season tickets, posters etc had already been printed, but they waited a while and dumped the name anyway.

U2 management didn't know the name had changed, though.

If I remember it was going to remain Ericsson for the rest of the year because all of the Warriors stuff like season tickets, posters etc had already been printed, but they waited a while and dumped the name anyway.

U2 management didn't know the name had changed, though.

Hah. Could've sworn U2.com made mention of "Mt Smart Stadium (formerly Ericsson Stadium)", though.

man i am so cold. fuck this :madspit:

Cue predictable Axver response in 3, 2, 1 ...

No, actually, today's been a bit colder, hasn't it? Apparently the apparent temperature's been down below 3 here in Melbourne, though the raw temperature at the time was 9.

I'd say 9 degrees is a bit cool. I bet there are Canadians who reckon 9 is getting warm! :lol:

Below 5 is chilly and below zero is proper cold.

It's apparently 9 degrees outside right now.

I just stuck my arm outside.....quite pleasant, actually. I was colder in the evenings in autumn than I have been in winter, outside of the thunderstormy nights.

Our apparent temperature dropped below zero a few nights in May, one night got to -2.5, though I think the raw temperature was still at around 1 or so. I was definitely colder in May than I was all through June.

I'm hoping July's cold enough to justify getting the heater out at least once. It's kind of nice to sit in front of a heater, you know?

Definitely. I miss the fireplace from my old home. That was nice to sit in front of.

Oh man, I haven't had a fireplace since I left New Zealand. It was good fun to sit in front of it on a cold winter's night. But, yeah, it's not as if you need a fireplace in Queensland.

So, 9pm. I reckon getting to a new thread before the night's out would be an awesome idea. Move on to a new place.

Yeah. Even the thread name, as apt as it was, needs to be put to rest, I think.

So more photos?

Z3 219 on a route 3 service diverted via route 55 in February.

s640x480

Oh fuck, tooth pain.

That won't be cheap. I'll ignore it and hope it goes away.

Eek. Dentistry costs far too fucking much. I'm kind of appalled at how much next week's ophthalmologist appointment is going to cost too, but at least Medicare gives me some of it back. Not so with dentistry. A couple of my teeth are sort of bugging me, but certainly nothing major enough to motivate me to fork out for a dentist. I haven't been to one in over three years.

I'll be posting some repeats, but why not?

Just need to finish something up with flight simulator.

Yeah, that's cool. I fear some of mine may be repeats too. I can't quite recall where I got up to with some of my tram subfolders. Tell me if you recognise them, because I'd like to get up to where I left off.

Cool. I'm mildly amused at my ability to spot that the ad on the shelter is a Jetstar ad (because I remember the ads when I was in Christchurch, not because I'm that much of a fucking nerd)

:laugh: I KNEW you would pick up on that.

I think it's kind of funny to have airlines advertising on trams. Cars even moreso.

Here's the aforementioned route 3 tram crossing LaTrobe Street.

s640x480

Here's your Jetstar ad again, Ian. This time, it's a route 64 service diverted via the 55.

s640x480

Well, I'm sort of having a break 'cause my sister called when we were watching the movie, so my brother's just talking to her.

I watched Therapy?'s cover of Husker Du's Diane. Some people on Youtube actually like it more than the original? I hate opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom