Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, that's awesome, thanks for letting me know. I just wish I had VH1 so that I could see it!

major_panic is the other Triffids fan, one of his teachers at high school was in The Triffids. I'll pass the news onto him.

I know several people are working on recording it and may put at least the Triffids clips online. I'll let you know if any of these do pop up. :)

And Indra, where have you been girl??? Has SK kept you under lock and key?? :wink:

Well the last couple of days I've been puking my guts out. Yep it's been delightful! I think everyone should do it! :happy: :|

That saddens me but that's your choice. :sigh:

Anyone else want to join him?

Quite frankly, yes.

Justin, I'm sorry. I feel pretty badly about this. When you first came to these forums, I thought you were a really cool guy, interesting and creative. Your presence seemed to make B&C a bit more worthwhile. I guess that impression was deceiving, though. Your behaviour over the last few months has eroded and destroyed whatever friendship we had. You throw fits, you act as if you are some kind of authority, you won't consider other viewpoints, you make these threads hostile and uncomfortable, and you won't get any help or accept any help. You just keep the Cycle of Screw turning. Every time you say you'll change, you don't - or you just get worse. I've gotten to the point that whenever I see a post by you, I think "oh god, what's he done now?"

I'm sorry.

Screwy, I am not the kind to wax philosophical and go around in circles about obvious bullshit, so I'll have someone else that you can relate to better do the dirty work for me:

THE SMITHS - I KNOW IT'S OVER LYRICS (click here for free ringtone)

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well. Enough said.
I know it's over - still I cling
I don't know where else I can go
Oh ...
See, the sea wants to take me
The knife wants to slit me
Do you think you can help me ?
Sad veiled bride, please be happy
Handsome groom, give her room
Loud, loutish lover, treat her kindly
(Though she needs you
More than she loves you)
And I know it's over - still I cling
I don't know where else I can go
Over and over and over and over
Over and over, la ...
I know it's over
And it never really began
But in my heart it was so real
And you even spoke to me, and said :
"If you're so funny
Then why are you on your own tonight ?
And if you're so clever
If you're so very entertaining
If you're so very good-looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight ?
I know ...
'Cause tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they're in each other's arms..."
It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate
It takes strength to be gentle and kind
Over, over, over, over
It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate
It takes guts to be gentle and kind
Over, over
Love is Natural and Real
But not for you, my love
Not tonight, my love
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my ...
Oh Mother, I can even feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my ...

You get the idea. It's a pretty repetitive song, and I'm pretty sure it's ours now.

Let's just say that Pfan are seeing eye to eye at the moment. Consider this a fight. You said you would never let that happen, but you aren't the person I thought you were before. Sorry. :sad:

Are you putting me on your ignore list too?

I'm sorry too. I'm sorry this child had teeth. I guess I might be a little human afterall. The truth is I am nothing. I don't mean that in a woe is me sort of way. I just am nothing when you get to know me long enough. I am really sorry I'm not the person you thought I was. Take care though. You and Pfan both.

Quite frankly, yes.

Justin, I'm sorry. I feel pretty badly about this. When you first came to these forums, I thought you were a really cool guy, interesting and creative. Your presence seemed to make B&C a bit more worthwhile. I guess that impression was deceiving, though. Your behaviour over the last few months has eroded and destroyed whatever friendship we had. You throw fits, you act as if you are some kind of authority, you won't consider other viewpoints, you make these threads hostile and uncomfortable, and you won't get any help or accept any help. You just keep the Cycle of Screw turning. Every time you say you'll change, you don't - or you just get worse. I've gotten to the point that whenever I see a post by you, I think "oh god, what's he done now?"

I'm sorry.

It's fine. You were a good friend and everyone here is lucky to have you. Take care.

I know several people are working on recording it and may put at least the Triffids clips online. I'll let you know if any of these do pop up. :)

That would be great, thanks! :up:

Now if only they'd play a gig in Melbourne, the Maj. and I would be there in two seconds flat.

How are the venues for gigs in Melbourne?

The Corner Hotel would be awesome. :drool:

I mean, when I saw EITS there, I was fucking leaning on the stage in front of Munaf Rayani. It doesn't get much better than that.

I wish I had gotten into EITS ONE WEEK earlier. They played a free concert near my school :'(

Screw, as much as I hate to actually do it, I'm going to have to ignore you indefinitely. You're not a bad guy, you just annoy the living shit out of me. Maybe someday I can talk to you without wanting to hurt something. So that's that, as they say. Figured I'd owe you that honesty.

I leave you with this: YouTube - Top 25 Seinfeld Moments

I wish I had gotten into EITS ONE WEEK earlier. They played a free concert near my school :'(

Oh maaaan, that's got to hurt.

I'm forever pissed I decided not to see Arcturus in Melbourne last year. I thought "yeah, I'm mainly only into their older albums, and I prefer their previous vocalist; I'm feeling a bit poor right now and they'll probably be back". So what happens? I found out a few days later. ICS Vortex walked on stage at the Melbourne gig and declares "This is the last Arcturus concert. Ever."

Can someone who isn't ignoring Screwy relay this to him? Thanks.

roflbotqydlcd4.jpg

Oh maaaan, that's got to hurt.

I'm forever pissed I decided not to see Arcturus in Melbourne last year. I thought "yeah, I'm mainly only into their older albums, and I prefer their previous vocalist; I'm feeling a bit poor right now and they'll probably be back". So what happens? I found out a few days later. ICS Vortex walked on stage at the Melbourne gig and declares "This is the last Arcturus concert. Ever."

It hurt REAL bad.

But what are they like live anyways?

Screw, as much as I hate to actually do it, I'm going to have to ignore you indefinitely. You're not a bad guy, you just annoy the living shit out of me. Maybe someday I can talk to you without wanting to hurt something. So that's that, as they say. Figured I'd owe you that honesty.

I leave you with this: YouTube - Top 25 Seinfeld Moments

Take care. You are going to go places.

As with a lot of other R.E.M. songs, that is a really great one if you are in the right mood. :up:

Screwtape, I know I'm just jumping in on this whole ordeal out of nowhere but I just want to say that I hope you don't take this stuff too personally. You seem like a genuinely good-hearted guy and I hope you are able to greet tomorrow morning with a smile. And, judging by your posts in the last 24 hours, it seems that you will. I do admire your considerate attitude. Cheers.

:hug:

no, thanks, I'll think I'll pass all the same! :wink:

Spoilsport! :tsk: :wink:

That would be great, thanks! :up:

Now if only they'd play a gig in Melbourne, the Maj. and I would be there in two seconds flat.

Keep your eyes open...I hear they are considering/working on that. The hot bet is February since that will be the 10th anniversary of David McComb's death (yeah, it's a bit morbid). He was also born in Feb though so it could be for his birthday.

So, guys. I just booked an ophthalmologist appointment. The eye clinic in question is on McPhail Street.

Spoilsport! :tsk: :wink:

Keep your eyes open...I hear they are considering/working on that. The hot bet is February since that will be the 10th anniversary of David McComb's death (yeah, it's a bit morbid). He was also born in Feb though so it could be for his birthday.

luv ya too babe! :D

No doubt they wont' do Adelaide as per usual...

As with a lot of other R.E.M. songs, that is a really great one if you are in the right mood. :up:

Screwtape, I know I'm just jumping in on this whole ordeal out of nowhere but I just want to say that I hope you don't take this stuff too personally. You seem like a genuinely good-hearted guy and I hope you are able to greet tomorrow morning with a smile. And, judging by your posts in the last 24 hours, it seems that you will. I do admire your considerate attitude. Cheers.

:hug:

You know honestly I can't remember a worse night in my entire life and that's saying something. It just feels like who's next. Pfan, LM, LMP and especially Axver were my friends and I ruined it like everything else. I don't know.

Ooh. If you hear anything, please let me know. I'd be very keen to go to that. The Maj. tells me that Rob McComb once performed at his school and rather owned everybody who thought "hurrrr it's our teacher how good can he be?" with sheer awesomeness.

IF you value you the sight you have left, DONT' GO AX! DON'T GO! This CAN'T end well

See, I figured it's a sign that I HAVE to go. My eyesight is made of phail. Could the address be any more appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom