Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so anyways.

I swore to one person that I would do my DI list tonight.

Suppose I should keep that promise to myself

Who is the guy who, every time someone tries to help him, steadfastly refuses any support? You are.
Who is the guy who created U2 Heaven with good intentions, but then inducted members who certainly did not want to be inducted by someone who they no longer trust nor want to be talked about by? You are.
Who is the guy who, in any civilized discourse, digs his heels in, frustrating the shit out of everyone around? You are.
Who is the guy who regularly insults those who disagree, calling them "crazy?" You are.
Who is the guy that dismisses everyone's reasonable critiques and advice as "lacking understand?" You are.
Who is the guy who tries to guilt trip everyone around him constantly? You are.
Who is the guy who, when things took a bad turn for him, told us that he was going to commit suicide and that it was our fault? You are.

Don't think you can make me feel bad by pouting like this. You're no saint, as much as you'd like to convince us you are. I'm absolutely sick of your bullshit. Yes, you have your occasional positives of kindness, but your negatives are so ridiculous because you have your head up your ass. You need to learn to listen. You don't listen, and then you cry when things turn around on you, as if you didn't see it coming. This needs to be a turning point for you.

Grow up or leave me alone.

Okay. I think Pfan and LMP have sufficently made their points. Anyone want to add anything else while we are at it?

I listened Pfan and have lots to say but I suppose the point is none of you want to know what I have to say. So I'll leave you all with an 'okay.'

Screwtape, as of tonight, I am now putting you on my Ignore List (along with U2girl). I can just tell that any future discussions will be fruitless and circular. Every time you have claimed intention to change, it hasn't happened. I don't anticipate this to be any different, so this is it.

Screwtape, as of tonight, I am now putting you on my Ignore List (along with U2girl). I can just tell that any future discussions will be fruitless and circular. Every time you have claimed intention to change, it hasn't happened. I don't anticipate this to be any different, so this is it.

Awwwwwwwwwwww...but he BELIEVES IN YOU!

Hey Axver -- just popped in to let you know The Triffids just got inducted into the Aria Hall of Fame. It's supposed to be televised on VH1 over the weekend. Not sure if the whole HOF thing is something you're into, but it's a nice honour for them. They played a couple of songs -- Red Pony and Wide Open Road.

Isn't there another Triffids fan who posts here too? If so this post is for him too. :)

Hey Axver -- just popped in to let you know The Triffids just got inducted into the Aria Hall of Fame. It's supposed to be televised on VH1 over the weekend. Not sure if the whole HOF thing is something you're into, but it's a nice honour for them. They played a couple of songs -- Red Pony and Wide Open Road.

Isn't there another Triffids fan who posts here too? If so this post is for him too. :)

Hey, that's awesome, thanks for letting me know. I just wish I had VH1 so that I could see it!

major_panic is the other Triffids fan, one of his teachers at high school was in The Triffids. I'll pass the news onto him.

That saddens me but that's your choice. :sigh:

Anyone else want to join him?

Hey, that's awesome, thanks for letting me know. I just wish I had VH1 so that I could see it!

major_panic is the other Triffids fan, one of his teachers at high school was in The Triffids. I'll pass the news onto him.
Hey don't forget Rolf!!!

You don't know which Triffid was his teacher? That's pretty funny really.

And Indra, where have you been girl??? Has SK kept you under lock and key?? :wink:

Coolian, you'll be happy to know that when I bought my municipal transit pass today, there was a nice action shot of Ivanovic staring right at me. :drool:

It's to promote the Masters tournament here later this month.

Hey everyone! :wave:

I just got back from a night of beer and Euchre. Last time I left this thread everyone was ganging up on Screwtape. I hope you guys didn't fuck him up too much. I mean the whole game is supposed to be fun...sharing your music competitively. Sounds like a safe and fun idea to me. Nothing anyone should get worked up over. I hope nobody got too far out of line.

Anyway, the White Sox won tonight and the Dark Knight is running at 100 percent positive reviews worldwide and I'm goin on a lunch date with a smoking hot blonde tomorrow so everything's good with me.

I hope everything's good with you guys, too. :up:

Screwy, I am not the kind to wax philosophical and go around in circles about obvious bullshit, so I'll have someone else that you can relate to better do the dirty work for me:

THE SMITHS - I KNOW IT'S OVER LYRICS (click here for free ringtone)

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well. Enough said.
I know it's over - still I cling
I don't know where else I can go
Oh ...
See, the sea wants to take me
The knife wants to slit me
Do you think you can help me ?
Sad veiled bride, please be happy
Handsome groom, give her room
Loud, loutish lover, treat her kindly
(Though she needs you
More than she loves you)
And I know it's over - still I cling
I don't know where else I can go
Over and over and over and over
Over and over, la ...
I know it's over
And it never really began
But in my heart it was so real
And you even spoke to me, and said :
"If you're so funny
Then why are you on your own tonight ?
And if you're so clever
If you're so very entertaining
If you're so very good-looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight ?
I know ...
'Cause tonight is just like any other night
That's why you're on your own tonight
With your triumphs and your charms
While they're in each other's arms..."
It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate
It takes strength to be gentle and kind
Over, over, over, over
It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate
It takes guts to be gentle and kind
Over, over
Love is Natural and Real
But not for you, my love
Not tonight, my love
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my ...
Oh Mother, I can even feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my ...

You get the idea. It's a pretty repetitive song, and I'm pretty sure it's ours now.

Let's just say that Pfan and I are seeing eye to eye at the moment. Consider this a fight. You said you would never let that happen, but you aren't the person I thought you were before. Sorry. :sad:

I hope you guys didn't fuck him up too much. I mean the whole game is supposed to be fun...sharing your music competitively.

He's the one who is making it not fun. He's the one who's trying to arbitrarily exclude entries, he's the one trying to claim his reading of the rules is superior to the intent of the person (me) who wrote them in the first place, and he's the one who's scaring off newbies from competing. Although his tracklists have been consistent quality, I want him to have nothing to do with future DIs since he is such a negative influence and cannot treat it simply as a game to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom