Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an iTrip but could rarely get it to work right. I got so frustrated with it, I just stopped even trying to use it.

I think most people have gone to the AIM thing. I sort of suspect no wants to say where to make sure I don't join.

For what it's worth Screwtape, and to play devil's advocate for a moment, I do think LM is fudging the rules a bit in this case. But this is the nature of the beast these days with people making digital music in so many different forms.

I do think though, that your taking it a bit too seriously. Personally, I don't see why there should be any rules at all. Make a 160 minute set, bring it, and let the chips fall where they may. I think that the effort you put into your own would probably stand out in the end.

Just my thoughts on it all. It really isn't worth getting upset over it.

Off to pick up my daughter from basketball practice. Back in a bit :wave:

I knew you'd all come back if I waited around long enough :wink: I need to get a new AIM account. I deleted it from my computer when I switched over to Yahoo a few years ago.

I wouldn't take it personally if it wasn't so constant. A day doesn't go by where people here don't make fun of me. Like I said earlier, I stay because I see the good in the people here even though they treat me so cruelly sometimes.

Holy Mother of....:banghead::banghead:

Do you not see the cycle that you're in? People mock you, and you sit there and take it because "you see the good in people". Perhaps if you stood up for yourself once in a while, people would RESPECT you more, because honestly, RESPECT is earned, not given. Similarly, if you would admit you're wrong once in a while instead of saying everyone else is wrong, you would earn RESPECT this way as well.

Perhaps if you try hard to break this cycle, you'd find people less cruel towards you.Gawd.

I wouldn't take it personally if it wasn't so constant. A day doesn't go by where people here don't make fun of me. Like I said earlier, I stay because I see the good in the people here even though they treat me so cruelly sometimes.

I agree that sometimes you don't get treated very well, and I don't like it. But you have to admit that you come off as abrasive in your opinions sometimes. When you don't agree with someone, you need to listen to what they say and respect their thoughts, and if you do that in your replies, they will respect your views more. They won't necessarily agree with you, but they will respect your position. I know you have previously said that it is something you are working on, and I encourage you to continue to do so. It will help you in the long run.

I know you are a good person and mean well.

I have an iTrip but could rarely get it to work right. I got so frustrated with it, I just stopped even trying to use it.

I've never owned one, but I have friends who do, and I've seen them in action, and they truly do suck.

I'm gonna make sure that when I have to get a new car, it has an auxiliary jack for the iPod to go straight into. That's the way to go.

Well, uh, looks like I've missed a lot. Goes to show what happens when you let a lazy rainy morning in bed somehow turn into a staggering-up-at-1pm kind of day. :uhoh:

I hated my iTrip. It was useless on long trips, because the available stations would change every few miles. I gave up on it after a few tries.

Hi Axver :wave:

I've never owned one, but I have friends who do, and I've seen them in action, and they truly do suck.

I'm gonna make sure that when I have to get a new car, it has an auxiliary jack for the iPod to go straight into. That's the way to go.

The DLO Transpod is pretty nice. It's an FM tuner and it charges the iPod, too.

BIMM, you made it! :wave:

Got to confess I don't even know what an iTrip is. Sad, I'm sure.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Hey, Ax! :wave:

Okay, I just made the connection that the earlier references to BIMM .. it's BonoIsMyMuse.

D'oh. Slow much, Alicia?

I still have a brand new Concord car cassette player in the closet. :lol: Never got around to installing it. It's a real nice one too :)

Holy Mother of....:banghead::banghead:

Do you not see the cycle that you're in? People mock you, and you sit there and take it because "you see the good in people". Perhaps if you stood up for yourself once in a while, people would RESPECT you more, because honestly, RESPECT is earned, not given. Similarly, if you would admit you're wrong once in a while instead of saying everyone else is wrong, you would earn RESPECT this way as well.

Perhaps if you try hard to break this cycle, you'd find people less cruel towards you.Gawd.

I can't stand up for myself because honestly I don't want to lose my friends here. I mean I'd rather feel like crap from being made fun of than feel alone. :sigh:

Certain things I am just not wrong about. Call arrogant or whatever for saying that. I'm used to it.

You wouldn't lose friends for sticking up for yourself, trust me on that.

I agree that sometimes you don't get treated very well, and I don't like it. But you have to admit that you come off as abrasive in your opinions sometimes. When you don't agree with someone, you need to listen to what they say and respect their thoughts, and if you do that in your replies, they will respect your views more. They won't necessarily agree with you, but they will respect your position. I know you have previously said that it is something you are working on, and I encourage you to continue to do so. It will help you in the long run.

I know you are a good person and mean well.

The problem is when people disagree they won't respect my views no matter what I say. I feel like everyone here wants me to be submissive and not express my opinions.

If you don't like how I am treated at times, why have you never said anything? All I hear from people is that I deserve to be made fun of. No one has ever stood up and said enough.

I can't stand up for myself because honestly I don't want to lose my friends here. I mean I'd rather feel like crap from being made fun of than feel alone. :sigh:

Then be ready for a lifetime of hurt, with this attitude. Honestly, I have never lost a friend because I stood up for myself. In fact, in most cases, the friendship was solidified because they gained respect for me. I am not anyone's punching bag (except April, but that's in a different context :drool: ) and people should know where the line is and that there's consequences once that line is crossed.

Certain things I am just not wrong about. Call arrogant or whatever for saying that. I'm used to it.
No comment. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom