Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if you do not agree, Screwtape. Although the rules specifically state that only one song per artist can be used, an artist who either goes by different names, or has been in more than one band, has always been allowed. Whether the artist is someone famous or a member of Interference, it doesn't matter. The rules are equal for everyone.

How can you not see it is against the rules? LemonMelon is just pretending to artists that don't exist. How can you all be so wrong? What LM is doing is against the spirit of the rules.

Letting LemonMelon's list get in is an embarrassment to the game. Phanan, Axver and the rest of you should be ashamed. You obviously don't care about the game. This seriously pathetic people.

It's an embarrassment to your interpretation of what Desert Island is about. But your interpretation is wrong.

I'm on facebook too btw, to all interested....though I suppose I'd have to post my full name here wouldn't I :ohmy:

ETA: YOu missed

:wave:

I haven't been online much lately because we just got through a heat wave in Seattle, and my apartment gets unbearably hot. The computer being on and me sitting at it just makes it worse. It seriously blows.

I'm also trying to spend less time online when I'm at home.

My computer gets hot too! I've had to start closing it instead of just letting it fall asleep. I'm also trying to spend less time online and more time studying. It ain't easy!

I have to say, I'm concerned that these types of squabbles are scaring others away. BIMM, Lila, and anyone else who has either participated before or was thinking of doing a future one, I really hope you decide to do another one. If I run it, or even if Axver runs it (as I'm sure he'd agree), we would make it very clear that the point of the game is about what music you want to have with you in such a scenario, and NOTHING MORE. If you wish to add to the music by centering it around a theme or something, please do, but know that it is most definitely NOT A REQUIREMENT.
My fear in joining DI is that some of the music snobs who participate (and I use that term with love :wink: ) will take one look at my playlist and completely disregard it was crap without even giving it a chance, because it will inevitably include both popular songs, and extremely mainstream artists, some of whom 90% of Interferencers wouldn't be caught dead listening to.

It would probably have a theme, because I like doing that. Even way back in the day when I made mix tapes, I gave them themes :love: And chronology! :nerd:

It may be a game but it is important for people. What LemonMelon is doing is ruining the spirit of it. I have had so much fun as have others which is why I don't want to see it ruined.

Ok, but how many OTHER people that play the game are being represented here, at least 7 or 8 and none of us are bothered by it. you're one person getting this upset over a GAMEGAMEGEAMEGAMEGAMEGAMEGAMEGAMEGAME

I'd like to join in the Aim thing, but none of you are AIm friends :sad:

I hear you. I just logged on and maybe someone will take pity on me and click my little AOL dude icon and invite me to some chatty goodness.

But I won't cry if no one does, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom