Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhillyFan, I got distracted.

I'm not a big fan of Racing in the streets,but it was a great closer, I loved your list, and it gets an A from me. I got to a school that doesn't support +/- grading so you'll have to be content with taht :p

I apologize if you do not agree, Screwtape. Although the rules specifically state that only one song per artist can be used, an artist who either goes by different names, or has been in more than one band, has always been allowed. Whether the artist is someone famous or a member of Interference, it doesn't matter. The rules are equal for everyone.

Letting LemonMelon's list get in is an embarrassment to the game. Phanan, Axver and the rest of you should be ashamed. You obviously don't care about the game. This seriously pathetic people.

DAMN IT IT'S JUST A GAME!

Take all of the OOC games and cram them together, they're almost equal, in the fact that THEY'RE GAMES!

GAMES!

I apologize if you do not agree, Screwtape. Although the rules specifically state that only one song per artist can be used, an artist who either goes by different names, or has been in more than one band, has always been allowed. Whether the artist is someone famous or a member of Interference, it doesn't matter. The rules are equal for everyone.

Three cheers for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Mindless Entertainment on the Interweb.

it should be at the bottom, under the quick reply box.

Oh! Duh.

Khan, I think I just tried to add you as a friend on Facebook ... but I don't know if it was another person with the same first name as you. :shifty:

It's hard to add people I "know" on this site when I have no idea what their real names are. I must say.

Letting LemonMelon's list get in is an embarrassment to the game. Phanan, Axver and the rest of you should be ashamed. You obviously don't care about the game. This seriously pathetic people.
Well since everyone else is ruining the game, maybe you should leave us to it, and start your own game, where you can be happily power-drunk, and have whatever absurd rules that you want.

It would save us the trouble of starting a new competition, just to avoid your stubbornness.

I don't take the contest seriously, because it's supposed to be fun. I'm sorry you don't see that. It's that simple.

I'mlate to the argument, but I'm throwing my two cents into the pot now:

What the fuck, man. I've never even participated in DI, but even I see the stupidity here.

How is LemonMelon not a real artist? He's human, yes? He makes music, yes?

Pretend for a minute that you don't know LemonMelon. Pretend that he's not an Interference member. Say, for example, that I made a DI list, and included in it some unknown, unsigned MySpace artist that I really liked. Is that within the rules?

Follow me for a second. Say I really like this particular artist, and it turns out that she's actually in a couple of different bands, or maybe not bands, but that she releases different kinds of music separately, under different stage names. If I wanted to put a song from each name on the same list, that would be within the rules.

I've never done DI, but from the one time I considered it and looked over the rules, I was made aware that one can include multiple songs from the same single performer, if they were released under different bands/projects. One could include a Beatles song, as well as a John Lennon song and a Paul McCartney song, right? How is this any different than what LemonMelon wants to do?

It's not. You just seem to be going against him for some reason, and I can only imagine that it must be because you have some bias against him, just because you know him. The fact that LemonMelon is an Interference member doesn't make him any less of a person, for fuck's sake. He's still an artist, and his songs are still valid, whether you want to admit it or not.

And listen to me for a moment, because you and I have talked honestly before, and you know that I understand what kind of shit you go through, because I've been through it myself, so don't you fucking dare think I'm just being mean to take the piss out of you or anything like that. I wouldn't do something like that.

But, I have to be honest here. You tend to play the woe-is-me card anytime someone disagrees with you, and claim that we're all against you. The fact is, you tend to make absurd arguments that go completely against everyone else's opinions, and you really shouldn't be surprised that you get given a hard time for it. You can't change who you are in that sense, and I'd never ask you to, but if you don't learn to give a little leeway, and at least grudgingly accept that NOT EVERYONE is exactly like you, then you're going to be miserable for the rest of your life, and continue getting into stupid petty arguments like these.

Go with the flow a little bit more in life, Justin. It makes life easier for everyone, yourself included.

LemonMelon is pretending to be artists that don't exist.

You only go with the flow when you feel what others are doing is right. I think what people are wanting is wrong. :shrug:

I have to say, I'm concerned that these types of squabbles are scaring others away. BIMM, Lila, and anyone else who has either participated before or was thinking of doing a future one, I really hope you decide to do another one. If I run it, or even if Axver runs it (as I'm sure he'd agree), we would make it very clear that the point of the game is about what music you want to have with you in such a scenario, and NOTHING MORE. If you wish to add to the music by centering it around a theme or something, please do, but know that it is most definitely NOT A REQUIREMENT.

I have to say, I'm concerned that these types of squabbles are scaring others away. BIMM, Lila, and anyone else who has either participated before or was thinking of doing a future one, I really hope you decide to do another one. If I run it, or even if Axver runs it (as I'm sure he'd agree), we would make it very clear that the point of the game is about what music you want to have with you in such a scenario, and NOTHING MORE. If you wish to add to the music by centering it around a theme or something, please do, but know that it is most definitely NOT A REQUIREMENT.

Again. Thank you.

I grade all the playlist in DI based on the intentions of the person submitting it, for anyone interested in joining.

btw hiya stem and bimm!!! :wave: you should stop by more often :D

:wave:

I haven't been online much lately because we just got through a heat wave in Seattle, and my apartment gets unbearably hot. The computer being on and me sitting at it just makes it worse. It seriously blows.

I'm also trying to spend less time online when I'm at home.

Below the quick reply box.
I BEAT YOU!!!! SUCK IT!!! ahem.

Oh! Duh.

Khan, I think I just tried to add you as a friend on Facebook ... but I don't know if it was another person with the same first name as you. :shifty:

It's hard to add people I "know" on this site when I have no idea what their real names are. I must say.
:lol: i'll check and see if i have a friend request :D

edit: i do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom