Desert Island VII, Superthread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #676
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:43 PM
See you later, Bonnie!

Thanks for the Husker Du post. I'll download some stuff tonight or tomorrow and let you know what I think. I'll begin with Zen Arcade just because it's the one name I really recognise, and I think you once said it was recorded in just 2 days, which is pretty fucking cool.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #677
Vocal parasite

Here's a rare sight: a route 3 tram under the Flinders - Spencer Street railway viaduct. It is running via the route 55 and is at the foot of Market Street. I can tell you stories about Market Street thanks to my markets work. But I won't.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #678
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Jen

God, I once filled my ice tray and it was brown and I was creeped the fuck out. Emptied it, ran the water for a while, and it went a normal clear colour again. I was damn wary of the first batch of ice cubes after that incident, though. Fully expected to get sick but didn't.

Have an alcoholic drink.
yes i have to drink wine to keep my fluids up .

barwon water gave me some weird long story about how they are redirecting water because of the ring road work or some shit, but that is accrosss town , . i would rather have no water than brown water cos its the same fucking difference.

hmmmm i do have bottled water as part of the oh god geelong is turning into africa/armageddon has arrived emergency kit plan.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #679
Vocal parasite

Back in January, a Z3 approaches LaTrobe Street on William Street. Note the jaywalker in the distance. I seriously can't believe how much jaywalking goes on in this city. It's got to be the capital of jaywalking.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #680
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
yes i have to drink wine to keep my fluids up .

barwon water gave me some weird long story about how they are redirecting water because of the ring road work or some shit, but that is accrosss town , . i would rather have no water than brown water cos its the same fucking difference.

hmmmm i do have bottled water as part of the oh god geelong is turning into africa/armageddon has arrived emergency kit plan.
Oookay. Yeah, wouldn't it make sense to just turn off the water if the works are going to send it brown?

And what, should I maybe not suggest that I come visit you and cin sometime over my holidays if Geelong is being struck by the Apocalypse?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #681
Vocal parasite

Z3 212 charging over LaTrobe Street in January.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #682
Vocal parasite

At the intersection of LaTrobe and William Streets, a City Circle tram meets a route 55 Z3 and a whole bunch of taxis.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #683
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 PM
I don't think i've posted any of the next three before

Pacific Blue 737 touching down on a wet runway (har, har)
Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #684
Blue Crack Supplier

Singapore 777 doing the same thing.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #685
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I don't think i've posted any of the next three before

Pacific Blue 737 touching down on a wet runway (har, har)
Got to show Kim that!

Good shot too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #686
Blue Crack Supplier

Something taking off that isn't very clear in my photobucket thumbnail.

Edit: Ah, Air New Zealand 737.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #687
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post

Singapore 777 doing the same thing.
That's also cool. Though I think I prefer the Virgin one since the background is a bit more distinct.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #688
Vocal parasite

My tram stop! And what do you know, more jaywalkers. I also hate that blue building - a cheap attempt at gentrification that has half failed. The apartments are inhabited, but development of streetfront shops has stalled.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #689
Vocal parasite

Z3 coming up behind a B2 on Flemington Road some day in March when I was going to have lunch with Ali in between classes with U-Wen. I'm such a Superthread social butterfly or something.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
That's also cool. Though I think I prefer the Virgin one since the background is a bit more distinct.
Yeah, it came through well.

Hopefully one of the next few days is as clear as it was yesterday, I could get some brilliant sharp photos. I'd need the right wind conditions, too, though.

Tags
superthread