Desert Island VII, Superthread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
You obviously don't care about the game. This seriously pathetic people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoIsMyMuse View Post
It's a game
I think getting all worked up over a game is not really worth it. Granted, I've never participated in a DI, but damn. I don't know if I'd want to after this. I like my blood pressure right where it is.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
it should be at the bottom, under the quick reply box.

Oh! Duh.

Khan, I think I just tried to add you as a friend on Facebook ... but I don't know if it was another person with the same first name as you.

It's hard to add people I "know" on this site when I have no idea what their real names are. I must say.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Take this smiley: and enlarge it by about 500 pixels. That's me right now.
Enlarge it 500 more. That's us all right now.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

btw hiya stem and bimm!!! you should stop by more often
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Letting LemonMelon's list get in is an embarrassment to the game. Phanan, Axver and the rest of you should be ashamed. You obviously don't care about the game. This seriously pathetic people.
Well since everyone else is ruining the game, maybe you should leave us to it, and start your own game, where you can be happily power-drunk, and have whatever absurd rules that you want.

It would save us the trouble of starting a new competition, just to avoid your stubbornness.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #51
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Letting LemonMelon's list get in is an embarrassment to the game. Phanan, Axver and the rest of you should be ashamed. You obviously don't care about the game. This seriously pathetic people.
I don't take the contest seriously, because it's supposed to be fun. I'm sorry you don't see that. It's that simple.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
I'mlate to the argument, but I'm throwing my two cents into the pot now:

What the fuck, man. I've never even participated in DI, but even I see the stupidity here.

How is LemonMelon not a real artist? He's human, yes? He makes music, yes?

Pretend for a minute that you don't know LemonMelon. Pretend that he's not an Interference member. Say, for example, that I made a DI list, and included in it some unknown, unsigned MySpace artist that I really liked. Is that within the rules?

Follow me for a second. Say I really like this particular artist, and it turns out that she's actually in a couple of different bands, or maybe not bands, but that she releases different kinds of music separately, under different stage names. If I wanted to put a song from each name on the same list, that would be within the rules.

I've never done DI, but from the one time I considered it and looked over the rules, I was made aware that one can include multiple songs from the same single performer, if they were released under different bands/projects. One could include a Beatles song, as well as a John Lennon song and a Paul McCartney song, right? How is this any different than what LemonMelon wants to do?

It's not. You just seem to be going against him for some reason, and I can only imagine that it must be because you have some bias against him, just because you know him. The fact that LemonMelon is an Interference member doesn't make him any less of a person, for fuck's sake. He's still an artist, and his songs are still valid, whether you want to admit it or not.

And listen to me for a moment, because you and I have talked honestly before, and you know that I understand what kind of shit you go through, because I've been through it myself, so don't you fucking dare think I'm just being mean to take the piss out of you or anything like that. I wouldn't do something like that.

But, I have to be honest here. You tend to play the woe-is-me card anytime someone disagrees with you, and claim that we're all against you. The fact is, you tend to make absurd arguments that go completely against everyone else's opinions, and you really shouldn't be surprised that you get given a hard time for it. You can't change who you are in that sense, and I'd never ask you to, but if you don't learn to give a little leeway, and at least grudgingly accept that NOT EVERYONE is exactly like you, then you're going to be miserable for the rest of your life, and continue getting into stupid petty arguments like these.

Go with the flow a little bit more in life, Justin. It makes life easier for everyone, yourself included.
LemonMelon is pretending to be artists that don't exist.

You only go with the flow when you feel what others are doing is right. I think what people are wanting is wrong.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I have to say, I'm concerned that these types of squabbles are scaring others away. BIMM, Lila, and anyone else who has either participated before or was thinking of doing a future one, I really hope you decide to do another one. If I run it, or even if Axver runs it (as I'm sure he'd agree), we would make it very clear that the point of the game is about what music you want to have with you in such a scenario, and NOTHING MORE. If you wish to add to the music by centering it around a theme or something, please do, but know that it is most definitely NOT A REQUIREMENT.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Three cheers for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Mindless Entertainment on the Interweb.
Hip hip, Hooray!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I have to say, I'm concerned that these types of squabbles are scaring others away. BIMM, Lila, and anyone else who has either participated before or was thinking of doing a future one, I really hope you decide to do another one. If I run it, or even if Axver runs it (as I'm sure he'd agree), we would make it very clear that the point of the game is about what music you want to have with you in such a scenario, and NOTHING MORE. If you wish to add to the music by centering it around a theme or something, please do, but know that it is most definitely NOT A REQUIREMENT.
Again. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

I grade all the playlist in DI based on the intentions of the person submitting it, for anyone interested in joining.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
LemonMelon is pretending to be artists that don't exist.
How do they not exist?

Do they exist any less than Passengers did?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Enlarge it 500 more. That's us all right now.
Can you go and quote all of Screwy's posts in which he adamantly declared that you were wrong and phanan would do what he said?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
btw hiya stem and bimm!!! you should stop by more often

I haven't been online much lately because we just got through a heat wave in Seattle, and my apartment gets unbearably hot. The computer being on and me sitting at it just makes it worse. It seriously blows.

I'm also trying to spend less time online when I'm at home.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #60
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Below the quick reply box.
I BEAT YOU!!!! SUCK IT!!! ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh! Duh.

Khan, I think I just tried to add you as a friend on Facebook ... but I don't know if it was another person with the same first name as you.

It's hard to add people I "know" on this site when I have no idea what their real names are. I must say.
i'll check and see if i have a friend request

edit: i do!

Tags
superthread