Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even lamer than my trains and trams? Bring it on!

Challenge accepted.

01basicsinglerate.jpg

Behold, basic single-rate electricity meters! :happy:

I see. How whimsically needless.

It's ostensibly to bring the trams into compliance with disability access rules - low floor trams accessible from platforms, so wheelchairs can roll on. Thing is, implementing them in the outer suburbs is going to be a nightmare, if not outright impossible. And I'm not sure wheelchairs even CAN properly roll onto them, given the gap and height discrepancies.

As somebody who generally thinks the disability access rules are a damn good thing and can beat people with a cane if they try to obstruct me from doing something, I think the superstops are wasteful.

Anything you like :D

I love that book. It is win.

I never heard the lyrics properly before! I'd only ever heard it on the radio, but I dumped a The Who best-of onto my mp3 player a week ago, and that song came up as I was washing up tonight.

And bits of it are, yes. Which is why we shoot them, rip their balls off, and turn their scrotums into amusing little leather pouches to sell to tourists (and also me, who gives them to people).
Also, 'roos taste great. Low in fat, too!
wait so you guys are talking about real kangaroo balls?

It's ostensibly to bring the trams into compliance with disability access rules - low floor trams accessible from platforms, so wheelchairs can roll on. Thing is, implementing them in the outer suburbs is going to be a nightmare, if not outright impossible. And I'm not sure wheelchairs even CAN properly roll onto them, given the gap and height discrepancies.

As somebody who generally thinks the disability access rules are a damn good thing and can beat people with a cane if they try to obstruct me from doing something, I think the superstops are wasteful.
we have new low-floored trains as well in boston. but what drives me fucking nuts is the wheel chair lifts that are ubiquitous, especially if it's a bus and not a train cause on the bus, another one inevitably goes past yours while you're stopped. i believe in theory in accessibility but damn it drives me crazy.

we have new low-floored trains as well in boston. but what drives me fucking nuts is the wheel chair lifts that are ubiquitous, especially if it's a bus and not a train cause on the bus, another one inevitably goes past yours while you're stopped. i believe in theory in accessibility but damn it drives me crazy.

They don't fit the low floor trams with accessibility lifts here, since they were found to be hopelessly unreliable. So they want an essentially unbroken surface from low floor tram to platform, but in practice that's damn hard to achieve, so PEOPLE IN WHEELCHAIRS DON'T RIDE THE FUCKING TRAMS ANYWAY. They ride the trains, where the train stops long enough for the driver to easily get out a ramp so they can hop on.

I agree with it too, but I have to say that in the last year and a half I've seen the wheelchair lifts on the bus used.....never. I've only seen one person in a wheelchair want to get onto a bus I was on, but we drove past them (because the bus was full - would have gone past anyone waiting at the stop).

i think i might go before i get kicked out, for a change. i have to cook for myself today, which is a fine change (i love cooking) if i can find ingredients i like in the house.

yesterday we had whole fried fish, she suggested i have those a 2nd time, no thanks, too much salt, friedness, and fish-head-ness, not to mention no microwave.

Trams on Collins Street at the intersection with King. An A class in the foreground, and its articulated cousin, the B2 class, in the background.

s640x480

I agree with it too, but I have to say that in the last year and a half I've seen the wheelchair lifts on the bus used.....never. I've only seen one person in a wheelchair want to get onto a bus I was on, but we drove past them (because the bus was full - would have gone past anyone waiting at the stop).
wow our buses don't go past stops unless there's one right behind. well actually sometimes they do and then i get infuriated like no other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom