Desert Island VII, Superthread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Screwtape dogg it must really suck to go through all of this, I mean you're a good guy and I guess some stuff just went out of hand, I don't know how to put my reasons for ignoring you into words, but thankfully there is a Youtube video that can.

YouTube - So This Is The End
Take care.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #302
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Not to rub it in, but fucking amazing.
Damn.

well it helps they're from Texas, and I go to school in Texas, so there's always hope

Old 07-02-2008, 02:40 AM   #303
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Damn.

well it helps they're from Texas, and I go to school in Texas, so there's always hope
Yeah, you've a pretty good chance of being able to see them. They are so intense live, especially Munaf Rayani. I just hope they come back to Australia. This was their first time and it seemed to me that they got a strong reception. The Melbourne show was a sell-out, at least.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Yeah, you've a pretty good chance of being able to see them. They are so intense live, especially Munaf Rayani. I just hope they come back to Australia. This was their first time and it seemed to me that they got a strong reception. The Melbourne show was a sell-out, at least.
I'm surprised by the random good "indie" bands that come out of Texas. Of all the states, they seem the least likely to produce
Old 07-02-2008, 02:46 AM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
You know honestly I can't remember a worse night in my entire life and that's saying something. It just feels like who's next. Pfan, LM, LMP and especially Axver were my friends and I ruined it like everything else. I don't know.
Screwtape, man, there are FAR more important things in this world than a handful of smart-ass kids on an Internet forum who are giving you a hard time over some Desert Island competition.

If you truly are having "one of the worst nights of your life" as you say, i would suggest taking it easy for a while. Go and find something that you take comfort in. A book that you've always loved...pick it up and read it. An album that's always made you happy...go listen to it.

Just put this behind you and realize that this is nothing to be depressed about. You are young. Trust me, it's all good. Just try and grab some sleep and put it behind you and focus on the good shit. I know you will. Good luck, Screwy.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #306
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm surprised by the random good "indie" bands that come out of Texas. Of all the states, they seem the least likely to produce
I must admit, I tend to expect Texas bands to be ... well, let's just say Bush has forever ruined my image of everything associated with Texas. So, I guess, rednecks playing dumb music is what I expect. But it's not, so that's good.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 AM   #307
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I must admit, I tend to expect Texas bands to be ... well, let's just say Bush has forever ruined my image of everything associated with Texas. So, I guess, rednecks playing dumb music is what I expect. But it's not, so that's good.
It's all I expect as well

Which is why I'm a damn yankee I suppose
Old 07-02-2008, 03:00 AM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I want to say goodbye to those who haven't ignored me yet. I'm leaving the Superthread for good as I don't have so many people to talk to now. More importantly though I'm going to leave Interference because I don't want to turn the rest of the forum against me. In losing some of you it feels like a part of me is missing. So this is goodbye. It was fun. Keep up the postwhoring in my absence.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:06 AM   #309
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It's all I expect as well

Which is why I'm a damn yankee I suppose

Though I hear Austin is meant to be an oasis of sanity in the midst of lunacy?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 AM   #310
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Though I hear Austin is meant to be an oasis of sanity in the midst of lunacy?
I'm sure that's why they wear shirts all the time saying "Keep Austin Weird"
Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Quote:
I want to say goodbye to those who haven't ignored me yet. I'm leaving the Superthread for good as I don't have so many people to talk to now. More importantly though I'm going to leave Interference because I don't want to turn the rest of the forum against me. In losing some of you it feels like a part of me is missing. So this is goodbye. It was fun. Keep up the postwhoring in my absence.
Screwtape those are desperate and drastic measures. There is no reason for you to leave the ENTIRE forum just because 4 guys have ignored you. C'mon. Stick around, man. The more the merrier.

Just sleep on it and come back tomorrow and surf the forum like you always have. It's your right to do so. Don't let other people force you to stop doing something you enjoy doing. Say it ain't so Screwy!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #312
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
What's so wrong about not wanting to hurt? What is so wrong about doing U2 Heaven blogs or saying nice things about people? What is so wrong about sacrificing for the people you care about?

LMP, you want me to say something? Here it is.

Just answer me this guys. What did I do to bring about your wrath? When did I become the bad guy?

Who is the person that tries to encourage and brighten up your day? I am.
Who is the person that always believes in you? I am.
Khan and Gluey, who is the person that is always is interested about your health and always there with a hug? I am.
Axver, who is the guy who believes in your writing and believes in you more than most people could ever imagine to? I am.
Pfan and LemonMelon, who is the guy that encourages you to make your music? I am.
Pfan, who was the guy who read your lyrics and gave you encouragement and support? I am.
LemonMelon, who is the guy you sent Conch to and absolutely loves it? I am.
Phanan, who is one of your prog buddies and takes your music advice to heart every time? I am.
LMP, who is always supporting and interested in your film, writing and acting future? I am.
I could go on and on. Have I not touched so many of you in a positive way? I try my best.

Please, what did I do to all of you to deserve to be laughed at?
Ok, I'm just catching up here....but WTF IS MY NAME DOING CAUGHT UP IN THIS!?!?!?!!?

Old 07-02-2008, 03:15 AM   #313
Vocal parasite

Hey Kim!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 AM   #314
Blue Crack Distributor

So, anyone up for picspamming?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 AM   #315
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Screwtape, man, there are FAR more important things in this world than a handful of smart-ass kids on an Internet forum who are giving you a hard time over some stupid Desert Island competition.
It's got little to do with DI. It's a cumulative effect from months of wear and tear, that you wouldn't know about since you've been posting in this thread for one day. So, kindly refrain from calling us smart-ass kids.

Tags
superthread