Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn.

well it helps they're from Texas, and I go to school in Texas, so there's always hope

Yeah, you've a pretty good chance of being able to see them. They are so intense live, especially Munaf Rayani. I just hope they come back to Australia. This was their first time and it seemed to me that they got a strong reception. The Melbourne show was a sell-out, at least.

Yeah, you've a pretty good chance of being able to see them. They are so intense live, especially Munaf Rayani. I just hope they come back to Australia. This was their first time and it seemed to me that they got a strong reception. The Melbourne show was a sell-out, at least.

I'm surprised by the random good "indie" bands that come out of Texas. Of all the states, they seem the least likely to produce

You know honestly I can't remember a worse night in my entire life and that's saying something. It just feels like who's next. Pfan, LM, LMP and especially Axver were my friends and I ruined it like everything else. I don't know.

Screwtape, man, there are FAR more important things in this world than a handful of smart-ass kids on an Internet forum who are giving you a hard time over some Desert Island competition.

If you truly are having "one of the worst nights of your life" as you say, i would suggest taking it easy for a while. Go and find something that you take comfort in. A book that you've always loved...pick it up and read it. An album that's always made you happy...go listen to it.

Just put this behind you and realize that this is nothing to be depressed about. You are young. Trust me, it's all good. Just try and grab some sleep and put it behind you and focus on the good shit. I know you will. Good luck, Screwy.

I'm surprised by the random good "indie" bands that come out of Texas. Of all the states, they seem the least likely to produce

I must admit, I tend to expect Texas bands to be ... well, let's just say Bush has forever ruined my image of everything associated with Texas. So, I guess, rednecks playing dumb music is what I expect. But it's not, so that's good.

I must admit, I tend to expect Texas bands to be ... well, let's just say Bush has forever ruined my image of everything associated with Texas. So, I guess, rednecks playing dumb music is what I expect. But it's not, so that's good.

It's all I expect as well :shrug:

Which is why I'm a damn yankee I suppose

I want to say goodbye to those who haven't ignored me yet. I'm leaving the Superthread for good as I don't have so many people to talk to now. More importantly though I'm going to leave Interference because I don't want to turn the rest of the forum against me. In losing some of you it feels like a part of me is missing. So this is goodbye. It was fun. Keep up the postwhoring in my absence. :hug:

I want to say goodbye to those who haven't ignored me yet. I'm leaving the Superthread for good as I don't have so many people to talk to now. More importantly though I'm going to leave Interference because I don't want to turn the rest of the forum against me. In losing some of you it feels like a part of me is missing. So this is goodbye. It was fun. Keep up the postwhoring in my absence. :hug:

Screwtape those are desperate and drastic measures. There is no reason for you to leave the ENTIRE forum just because 4 guys have ignored you. C'mon. Stick around, man. The more the merrier.

Just sleep on it and come back tomorrow and surf the forum like you always have. It's your right to do so. Don't let other people force you to stop doing something you enjoy doing. Say it ain't so Screwy!

What's so wrong about not wanting to hurt? What is so wrong about doing U2 Heaven blogs or saying nice things about people? What is so wrong about sacrificing for the people you care about?

LMP, you want me to say something? Here it is.

Just answer me this guys. What did I do to bring about your wrath? When did I become the bad guy?

Who is the person that tries to encourage and brighten up your day? I am.
Who is the person that always believes in you? I am.
Khan and Gluey, who is the person that is always is interested about your health and always there with a hug? I am.
Axver, who is the guy who believes in your writing and believes in you more than most people could ever imagine to? I am.
Pfan and LemonMelon, who is the guy that encourages you to make your music? I am.
Pfan, who was the guy who read your lyrics and gave you encouragement and support? I am.
LemonMelon, who is the guy you sent Conch to and absolutely loves it? I am.
Phanan, who is one of your prog buddies and takes your music advice to heart every time? I am.
LMP, who is always supporting and interested in your film, writing and acting future? I am.
I could go on and on. Have I not touched so many of you in a positive way? I try my best.

Please, what did I do to all of you to deserve to be laughed at?

Ok, I'm just catching up here....but WTF IS MY NAME DOING CAUGHT UP IN THIS!?!?!?!!?

:madwife:

Screwtape, man, there are FAR more important things in this world than a handful of smart-ass kids on an Internet forum who are giving you a hard time over some stupid Desert Island competition.

It's got little to do with DI. It's a cumulative effect from months of wear and tear, that you wouldn't know about since you've been posting in this thread for one day. So, kindly refrain from calling us smart-ass kids.

I'm ALWAYS up for picspamming. Need to upload some more stuff, as most of what's up I've already used.

Just sleep on it and come back tomorrow and surf the forum like you always have. It's your right to do so.

I second that. I've had a lot of shit go on in my life, but I chose a few years ago that I wasn't going to be a victim. There's always going to be people we don't like or get on with, but for every person you don't like, there'll be at least two others whom you get on with. There are so many different people from different walks of life here. You'll find your niche somewhere amongst it. Keep your chin up, have a good sleep and come back with your head held high. :hug:

in the scheme of life an internet forum should be THE LEAST of your worries honey. take a step back and a step outside the house and go have some FUN MAN ! please :hug:

:evil: Oooh Principal update.....spoke to another parent today, and she's been in tears with her battles with the bitch, thinking she was the only one with the problem....she's writing a letter too :evil: :evil: :evil: :rockon:

It's got little to do with DI. It's a cumulative effect from months of wear and tear, that you wouldn't know about since you've been posting in this thread for one day. So, kindly refrain from calling us smart-ass kids.

Yeah, I know I'm fresh to this whole thing.

And trust me, "smart-ass kids" is not an insult. I am one. I was just tryin to make a point.

I probably shouldn't have used those exact words but I'm just tryin to help Screwtape out in any minuscule way that I can. I'm probably not helping matters at all though, you're right. So maybe I should kindly fuck off.

:evil: Oooh Principal update.....spoke to another parent today, and she's been in tears with her battles with the bitch, thinking she was the only one with the problem....she's writing a letter too :evil: :evil: :evil: :rockon:

Oooh, it's spreading. This bitch is so going to get one hell of a come-uppance.

OK! U23D trip:

IMG00329.jpg

Coming up on Chicago

IMG00334.jpg

A RAINBOW!

IMG00336.jpg

Inside Navy Pier

IMG00341.jpg

Chicago off of Navy Pier

IMG00343.jpg

The Shakespeare theater, it's beautiful inside, but I haven't been there in a long time

IMG00344.jpg

Mom and I in front of a fun House mirror :cute:

IMG00345.jpg

A PIRATE SHIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom